The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wallet will hate you for descending down this path, haha.

That's pretty much how I started last year. I started with the Zombies vs. Robots graphic novels and my addiction to Ashley Wood's art and figures grew from there. Now I barely purchase any 1/6 figures unless they are 3A.

I swore I would just stick to bots, but then I started picking up some human figures. Then I swore I would just stick to a couple of the male figures because the female figures were way too stylized for me, but now I have a few Tomorrow Queens. Then I swore I would not get into 1/12 (Action Portable) figures, but that happened. I have no willpower.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Lol Thanks. And that is horrible news for me. I told myself that I wouldn't even consider the 1/12 figures. Hopefully I wont succumb to them. :lol

And yeah, I found that keeping an eye out on the blog helps a lot in terms of knowing when each figure will come out. At first I was confused as heck but know I sort of know where and when to check for these drops. I think i'm getting an understanding on the whole ThreeA process.

Anyone getting We Are? I'm tempted to have some bathroom reading material, but I should save for next month...

I've been debating picking it up, but I also need to save some money for `next month. Still, it would make for a pretty sweet coffee table book...

I am also new to 3A and grabbed the book earlier this week. It should be a nice coffee table reference as I collect older figures from evilbay and freaks.

I appreciate everyone responses. Just another example of how great a community this is. Just bought my first 3A today. It is a 1/6 caesar. very excited. Hopefully it will ship soon.

I love Sci-fi robots. It was the art and fan photos here and else where on the web that got me interested in 3A. I have not actually read a comic yet.

Can anyone recommend where I should start? adventure kartel vs WWR?

I appreciate everyone responses. Just another example of how great a community this is. Just bought my first 3A today. It is a 1/6 caesar. very excited. Hopefully it will ship soon.

I love Sci-fi robots. It was the art and fan photos here and else where on the web that got me interested in 3A. I have not actually read a comic yet.

Most of the robots are WWR. AK is more humans and monsters, although there are a fair number of cyborgs.

I love Sci-fi robots.

And very well you should! ThreeA has produced some great ones.

Check the WWR stuff first. Kartel later. The Complete World War Robot is still readily available in hardcover.

Buy an Armstrong. Either 1/6 or 1/12 scale. A Bovington Dawn Patrol, perhaps?

The WWRp stuff is all badass. Brambles, Mod Chips, Dutch Mercs, NYC EMGY, etc.

(Check the Popbot stuff, too. Especially Badbot.)

Go nuts. Rothschild the freakin' MOON.

_____

Last edited:
YEAH - thats what I want. I saw pictures like those posted in a forum somewhere. Totally makes me drool.

Thanks for the book recommendations everyone. I'm off in search of a hardcover complete WWR.

I hear you about those 1/12 scale. they are badass and easier to get but I have a lot of 1/6 and want to keep that scale. Besides I like the different elevations in height.

Missed out on a deep powder recently. I just wasn't sure at the time. Now I am.

The 1/6 I thought I was buying on ebay turned out to be 1/12. Good seller though and refunded me.

Once again - Thanks everyone for your input and help.

I see some of the caesars have a square bar code on them. has anyone tried scanning it with their phones?

Mine has shipped as well. Other than that I only have Shogun an the 2013 3AA stuff to ship. I'll be ordering a Mumb, a DP Sniper, and hopefully Harold. I'm hoping Harold doesn't hit when I can't afford it. I love his DP look.

Looks like the Harold sets are going live for pre-order on Feb 6th @ 9am HK time.

This is gonna be my first bot purchase from ThreeA. I'm exited!

Ud2kekg.png

Uhg, that doesn't make me happy. I totally don't have the money right now.

Anyone in the US wanting a AP 3 pack slicer set, thinking I might get rid of it. I should have it in a week or so. Loking for 200 shipped.

Good day freaks! I'm new to this board and after a lot of stalking, I came across this thread. I'm trying to read all the backlog, now at page 150+ but I'm practically sold. Also read the wiki page so I'm pretty sure I know what I want :)

I might be concentrating on the WWRp and the WWR line (if budget permits) and I'd like to ask if there would be future releases? I'm interested in the Bertie, Caesar, dropcloth and Brambles. Will there be future versions for pre-order or do I have to look at ebay already for them?

And is there any BST forum that concentrates mainly on threeA?

Thank you and I appreciate all the help :)

Back