The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have any knowledge on washing 3a clothes?

I'm trying to remove some/all of the dirt from my ap tracky jc's tracks.

It takes a lot of doing in my experience but multiple washings with detergent seems to eventually do most of the job. Additional cleaning can be done with acetone but be sure to do a swatch test first as the acetone can dissolve some fabrics.

I was unhappy with the weathering on the 3AA exclusive F-Legion and after many washings, a bath in acetone, and a run through black dye I ended up with something that looked fairly clean.

I ended up swapping out his jeans as well as giving him a vest/tanktop. You can see the washing/acetone also dulled the print on his back significantly.

F-LEGION by dangercorpse, on Flickr

F-LEGION by dangercorpse, on Flickr

diluted bleach can remove certain kinds of dyes, and also brightens the color of the fabric, but you have to be careful of course. Try a swatch first before soaking the actual item.

Thanks for the answers boys, I didn't realize it was caked in there so well. I'll turn up the juice and try some stronger stuff.

I couldn't help myself. I bought the Blind Cowboy figure off of eBay and paid $180 shipped. I will get the new release set once it is available for PO so I can get the ghost horse. Having both released figures will not be bad either..... This will be the first ThreeA figure I will have ever seen in person.

The new set looks pretty awesome.. who doesn't like a cowboy dressed in black? Ghost Horse is a must.
The original Blind Cowboy is pretty great.. I can't recall but I think it was dedguy who kitbashed him and added a belt and various other small details to him.. took him to a whole other level.

Yeah I added a second belt and re-made his gunbelt in leather. Also did a few other small things like ironing the brim of his hat, cutting some of the velcro on his shirt, and adding a scarf.

Blind Cowboy portrait by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Blind Cowboy customizations by dangercorpse, on Flickr

1) Ironed brim of hat
2) Re-wrapped blindfold to be narrower and cover less of the face
3) Cut the shirt's velcro close to the collar to allow an open collar and added a custom bandana
4) Custom real leather belt
5) Gun belt replaced with real leather belt
6) Custom wet-formed leather holsters with leg ties

Yeah I added a second belt and re-made his gunbelt in leather. Also did a few other small things like ironing the brim of his hat, cutting some of the velcro on his shirt, and adding a scarf.

Blind Cowboy portrait by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Blind Cowboy customizations by dangercorpse, on Flickr

1) Ironed brim of hat
2) Re-wrapped blindfold to be narrower and cover less of the face
3) Cut the shirt's velcro close to the collar to allow an open collar and added a custom bandana
4) Custom real leather belt
5) Gun belt replaced with real leather belt
6) Custom wet-formed leather holsters with leg ties

That is absolutely beautiful. I love western figures and you made a masterpiece even better. :thud:

What are the gun belts made of originally?

The new set looks pretty awesome.. who doesn't like a cowboy dressed in black? Ghost Horse is a must.
The original Blind Cowboy is pretty great.. I can't recall but I think it was dedguy who kitbashed him and added a belt and various other small details to him.. took him to a whole other level.

RTR - Do you have any teaser pics of the new release? I would love to see them.

That is absolutely beautiful. I love western figures and you made a masterpiece even better. :thud:

What are the gun belts made of originally?

Pleather, as is standard in the industry. I don't really know of anyone that uses real leather. I think it's cost prohibitive.

Back