Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'd all better just give up on Terminator movies being in line with T1 and T2. It will be far easier to enjoy them if we just take any made in future on their own terms.

It will be far easier to enjoy them if they aren't ****.

T:G will make an estimated $12m US this weekend, bringing it's domestic to less than $70m after it's 2nd weekend.

How bad is that? It's trending slightly ahead of John Carter.

I wouldn't count on any new Terminator films for a while.

I hope they figure a way to do one more in this storyline. I just don't think it'll happen though

It is released overseas, but international numbers are always funny math because every country has it's own distributor and the money split is different.

If Cameron gets his hands on the rights again he's talked in the past about putting them on a shelf just so nobody else makes a sh-tty film. He's made the movies he wanted and moved on.

I doubt Cameron will touch it when he gets the rights back. Entirely a formality there, he's not gonna give a ***t at that point, he doesn't care now. What would be left to make. It goes back to what we were saying about Genisys. This film kinda kills interest in the future war story that everyone wanted to see and the time travel thing has been beaten to a pulp at this stage. He won't be arsed with this by the time he owns the rights again.

When he gets the rights back I have a feeling he'll re-release T2 in 3D.

He doesn't have a lot of say over what happens to T1 and T2 because they were financed by Carolco and they're out of business. He had a brief opportunity to buy the Terminator film rights and own them personally but for whatever reason he didn't act.

Cameron has grumbled before about how he's not as rich as most people think because 1) He wound up surrendering his salary to get Titanic made 2) he keeps making films for companies that go broke so he gets no royalties.

Cameron won't touch Terminator again unless Avatar sequels bomb...he should do Battle Angel in any case

I'm almost wanting the T-800 scene of him being delivered to the machine to be a deleted scene on the T1 DVD. :lol

That's the only cool part in this.

The T1 copy scenes were cringe worthy.

I had to watch the original garbage truck guy at home to feel better. :lol

That's my thoughts exactly, I'd pop in a blu ray of Genisys just to see that then watch The Terminator and T2 for the billionth time :hi5:

I was excited when they kept the "****** you, a**hole." but then was just dissapointed at seeing a tiny fight only for Sarah to get him with no worries :monkey4

Why go to this much effort to keep Arnold as the Terminator when every other character has been recast. Why not CG a Robert Patrick on that T-1000? It's an all or nothing situation and it should have been a nothing they chose, its an unsaveable franchise at this point, this is all fanfiction and TT and T2 are the only real deals.

Sebastian Stan should have been Kyle and maybe then I'd see the character in this as Kyle Reese. But Jai was a robotic, cocky, soldier :cuckoo: rather than the fatigued, starved man with an obsession of a woman who's already dead.

Well, I saw it again this weekend (I know, I know...insert guffaws and eye-rolls here)...and while I still have the same problems with it I've always had (can't stand Jai-guy is the main one and the story basically erasing the first 4 movies)...but I think I've figured out one of the main questions left at the end on the movie...got a theory anyway....

Spoiler Spoiler:

.....not that any of it matters...it's gotta be an open question at this point if the studios are even going to continue with this franchise after the slow performance it's had so far...

Some final thoughts on that "failure" here...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm interested to see if the studio and and license-holder tries to move ahead with this or just stops here and cuts their losses....it's been a fractured franchise to be sure, highs and lows....but it's a story that still has some spark to it if someone could just make it move forward and actually work....

T:G will make an estimated $12m US this weekend, bringing it's domestic to less than $70m after it's 2nd weekend.

How bad is that? It's trending slightly ahead of John Carter.

I wouldn't count on any new Terminator films for a while.

The spin here is ****ing hilarious.

John Carter's total American box office gross was 73 million -
Total Lifetime Grosses - 112 days

Domestic: $73,078,100 25.7%
+ Foreign: $211,061,000 74.3%

= Worldwide: $284,139,100

So Terminator Genisys does that in two weeks means they are equivalent failures? LOL, can you spin that any harder?
There's also 100 days between these numbers.

Terminator Genisys numbers to this point -
Total Lifetime Grosses - 12 days

Domestic: $68,718,000 30.6%
+ Foreign: $156,100,000 69.4%

= Worldwide: $224,818,000

I realise many of you have much invested in seeing this fail, but do you have to make **** up?
I saw it and enjoyed it. Believe it or not there's lots of us who actually do.

Robocop versus Terminator, puhlease, that idea sucks.

You'd think so, unless you've ever had the pleasure of reading Frank Miller and Walt Simonson's jaw-dropping Robocop Vs The Terminator comic...

robocop_versus_terminator_alex_murphy_meets_skynet.jpg

Back