Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, kind of as I feared. The few moments of the juicy stuff we've all long wanted to see that were shown in Genisys effectively kills interest in a movie dedicated to the those events and the build-up. Salvation wasted its potential by attempting to needlessly draw it all out over 3 films and thereby refused to get to the ****ing point while Genisys gives you a 'best-of' summary but, like T1 and T2, doesn't have time to dwell on it and milk it for all it's worth.

On this note I do agree that for better or worse Genisys has pretty much made what will always be the "definitive" final battle of the future war which now won't be reiterated again on film. Kind of like Gwen's death in ASM2. Such a huge and shocking emotional moment in the comics and...it happened on Garfield's watch. I can't see that particular moment every being able to be done again now, which is too bad.

I enjoyed Genisys. I'll buy it on bluray. I ordered the making of book. I've got some Chronicle Collectibles ordered. 80% I liked, 20% could have been better. Sarah and Kyle should have been cast differently. Why does Hollywood think we have to have a human face on Skynet/Cyberdyne/Genisys, we don't. It's not human.

Judgment Day needs to be done now. I absolutely do not want to see footage of missiles launching out of silos for the 17th time. They stopped X-Box Live, it's done. Skynet just needs to go all Ultron and fight them in our current time. He can do something crazy like lift a city or whatever but no more nukes, no more "future war," none of that.

I'm almost wanting the T-800 scene of him being delivered to the machine to be a deleted scene on the T1 DVD. :lol

That's the only cool part in this.

The T1 copy scenes were cringe worthy.

I had to watch the original garbage truck guy at home to feel better. :lol

Last edited:
jpzxhz.jpg

Two Terminators fighting each other in a bathroom would make for an awesome movie scene.

Must.....Have.....A.....Sequel.

:lol :lol :lol

I liked the movie more than I thought I would, though the time travel stuff is always a headache.

In the end we have both Kyle Reese's living in 2017, so how does that work? Once young Kyle reaches the age that Reese was when he went back in time, what happens then?

Pops had to have been given the information about John's parentage before he was sent back to 1973, but who could he have got the information from? The John from the original timeline didn't send him back and the only others that knew the truth were Sarah and Kyle, who both died before the war began.

If they do a sequel I'm sure it will just end up even more confusing lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back