Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1000...everyone I showed at work and are not collectors (so no bias) said it looks like Kurt Russel and not much like AS. I think some people really just want to like it and see what they want to see. If they like it, great !

There is no way that anyone at your work thought this was not Arnold.

300068press03.jpg

no Kut Russell in this photo.

There is no way that anyone at your work thought this was not Arnold.

300068press03.jpg

no Kut Russell in this photo.

Reread my post. It says "looks like Kurt Russel and not much like AS"...like anybody else they did see some Arnold.

EDIT: And I'm not the first one to mention Kurt Russel here or on other boards so....

Why on earth is the Battle Damage on the EX?
It's like making the Indy head with the hat on the exclusive head.

Screen Accuracy should apply to every PF

Oh hang on, is it that the glasses do not go on the BD head, and they are fixed on the other one?

EX price??? Going to try real hard to make this my first PF...

"The Exclusive The Terminator Premium Format Figure, which will include a switch-out battle damaged portrait will be priced at $324.99 and have an Edition Size of 750 pieces worldwide. Also, a 10%, or $32.50 Non-Refundable deposit will be charged within 24 to 48 hours after you’ve placed a Pre-Order for the Exclusive version of this Premium Format Figure. Additionally, a regular version, without the switch-out portrait will be available for Pre-Order and priced at $324.99."

I'm sorry dude, i find it mind boggling because I am a Schwarzenegger fanatic and i have ZERO problems seeing his defining features on that T1 sculpt (his brow-line, jaw-line, cheek bones and chin are all very well done). I spent the greater part of my life watching Arnold Schwarzenegger films, like the PREDATOR, he is one character whos signature defining features i have engrained in my long-term memory. The more i read peoples posts, it seems the Die-Hard Schwarzenegger fans approve and the people that are casual fans don't approve.

If people can't see Arnold Schwarzenegger at this angle, i really feel bad for them.

IMG_0863.jpg

I think the MAJORITY of people that are nit-picking this sculpt i believe are out of their element, and they truly have no idea what Arnold looked like in Terminator 1.

Just like the guys below me, I'm a huge Schwarzenegger fan. He's probably my favorite actor of all time and has certainly made some of my favorite movies of all time. I just don't see much of Arnold here. Some shots like the 3/4 angle you show. Yes, but only for the eyes down. Other shots, not much at all.

Just my opinion is all bud. I'm glad you like it though, the rest of the statue is kickass.

T1 is my favorite Terminator movie, and i still think the sculpt looks off.

Im a die hard Schwarzenegger fan, and i still think the sculpt looks off.:dunno

Likeness yes, but it's pretty obvious to see the top half of the head is too small

Terminator1.jpg

Why on earth is the Battle Damage on the EX?
It's like making the Indy head with the hat on the exclusive head.

Screen Accuracy should apply to every PF

Oh hang on, is it that the glasses do not go on the BD head, and they are fixed on the other one?

Yes the glasses are fixed on the other head. Would've been nice to have removable glasses though.

I think this is the case. And it may be that the damaged eye would distract from the look of the glasses if it were underneath (I suspect Arnold wasn't actually wearing damaged eye makeup underneath his glasses in the film in that scene, or you might have noticed it there as well).

Yes the glasses are fixed on the other head. Would've been nice to have removable glasses though.

I think this is the case. And it may be that the damaged eye would distract from the look of the glasses if it were underneath (I suspect Arnold wasn't actually wearing damaged eye makeup underneath his glasses in the film in that scene, or you might have noticed it there as well).

Oh I see. Thanks guys

The only real big issue is the lack of forehead on Arnie, I just did a quick fix in PS and you can see that improving the size of the forehead makes it much better, it is really good before and if they make a fix like this it will surely be a home-run.

Original:
300068press03.jpg

Modified:
ar.jpg

Well i'm a big fan and i think it looks great.

I'm a big Ahnold fan and I think this PF looks AWESOME! :rock

Can't say that I'm a die-hard T1 fan, but I've always been a fan of Schwarzenegger and his work, and I have to say, this sculpt looks pretty damn awesome!
I especially like the one without the glasses, so to all of you who are gonna get this awesome piece I say: Congrats! :rock :rock :rock

Groovy, E! :hi5:

everyone I showed at work and are not collectors (so no bias) said it looks so much like AS. Now they all want to start collecting, so nice one SSC! ;)

I just showed two co-workers that know nothing about this PF and without telling them what the pic was I asked them who it was.

Both said Arnie from Terminator. :yess: Neither of them collect. :D

So, is this thread done with then? I mean, is the absolute only issue to discuss whether or not this looks like Arnie? Haven't we all agreed so far that it isn't the best likeness, but some folks are okay with that and some folks aren't? Look at that righteous friggin' Jacket, boots and paints, for criminy sake! Awesome! Just awesome!

Some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about. :lecture :lol

Reread my post. It says "looks like Kurt Russel and not much like AS"...like anybody else they did see some Arnold.

EDIT: And I'm not the first one to mention Kurt Russel here or on other boards so....

Yes I even said the Kurt Russell thing. I am just saying that photo is AS and not KR.

If all they saw was the straight on shot then sure there is some KR there. But in the photo I posted it's all Arnold.

It's funny, for the casual collector or observer, they'd see it and immediately know who it is. But the an_l rententiveness of some seem to make 40 some pages of complaining about the smallest, minor details... I've yet to see ANY SSC, HT or other piece that doesn't have some likeness flaw... If they were perfect, they'd be 5 times as expensive...

It's funny, for the casual collector or observer, they'd see it and immediately know who it is. But the an_l rententiveness of some seem to make 40 some pages of complaining about the smallest, minor details... I've yet to see ANY SSC, HT or other piece that doesn't have some likeness flaw... If they were perfect, they'd be 5 times as expensive...

Don't dare say HT aren't perfect or we'll have their fans in here for another 40 pages. :slap :lol

Don't dare say HT aren't perfect or we'll have their fans in here for another 40 pages. :slap :lol

haha...sorry. Just get tired of reading negativity... I own the Barney Ross HT and he's got proportion problems, etc. Just was trying to say none of these are identical versions of the source material.

It's alright to complain about something when there IS a reason to complain about it.
Of course you can tell that it is Arnold, but the sculpt could have been much better.

Back