Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, though I'm not sure if they had the same creative teams working on those busts as their figures. . .

The idea that, say, Yulli and JC Hong couldn't do equal (if not better) work with a larger scaled piece doesn't make much sense.

Not sure where you can go with the Ex apart from a print if they want to stay reasonably screen accurate. Maybe the glasses are attached to the head and a complete head switch-out?

Hard to imagine swappable heads because it looks like they learned from the T2 PF and sculpted the neck into the upper body and sculpted upper body details to make a more natural transition. That's one of the weak points on the T2 PF.

Agreed, though I'm not sure if they had the same creative teams working on those busts as their figures. . .

The idea that, say, Yulli and JC Hong couldn't do equal (if not better) work with a larger scaled piece doesn't make much sense.

Paint was fine it was the sculpts. Yulli did the Rambo 3 figure and bust sculpts and there's something off looking about the bust head compared to the 1/6 which surprised me, I expected the 1/6 to be bettered. I think she also did the Joker bust in addition to the figure, not certain on that without checking.

Hard to imagine swappable heads because it looks like they learned from the T2 PF and sculpted the neck into the upper body and sculpted upper body details to make a more natural transition. That's one of the weak points on the T2 PF.
The Indy Raiders PF has the neck and part of the chest sculpted on for the switch out. Seems like they could do something similar here.

Paint was fine it was the sculpts. Yulli did the Rambo 3 figure and bust sculpts and there's something off looking about the bust head compared to the 1/6 which surprised me, I expected the 1/6 to be bettered. I think she also did the Joker bust in addition to the figure, not certain on that without checking.
Huh. Well, who knows then? Seems strange that it would be easier to do a good smaller sculpt, but maybe that's what their team was trained to do and is more comfortable doing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz2Nu6jZ3zQ&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - Sideshow Collectibles The Terminator T-800 Production Peek[/ame]

Youtube Channel Fana Collec

:clap:clap:clap

T1.jpg

Awesone!!!! :panic:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=34675&ref=home&upcoming

my fave terminator moment from the films but as pointed out the hair is wrong.this could be/have been a great PF

Feature_Terminator1-med.jpg

T800_PoliceStation.jpg

The production peek video shows the hair looking a lot better to me. Could it just be another case of Sideshow taking unflattering pictures of their products? I hope so.

I think I like it. I don't have any big issues with the likeness. I see it in the video. I think the sneak pic is just a bad angle. I think the paints look supreme! I might be gittin' it. We'll see.

There's no switch out head...there a little gap on his hair close to the year where the glasses will fit....

I think the exclusive will be something else......unless it is another head and they just give you an option of taking the glasses off.....

termin1s.jpg

I think it looks cool, but we need more pictures!!!

APRIL 19 !!! :monkey1:monkey1

By this comparison, the glasses frame angles up too much around the bottom of the lenses, and his chipmunk cheeks don't angle down enough. Those 2 minor things would help a lot IMO.

the hair will be tough.

At this point in the movie, the Terminator had gone through a fire ball, which burned off all his eyebrows and singed his hair.

Not sure how you can do the singed hair unless you do a lot of little spikes.

Okay, here's the little minor tweaks I did here.

1. Brought the glasses and nose down to shorten the distance between the lips and nose and to lengthen the forehead.

2. I brought in the slope of the angle of his cheeks just outside his lips more sharply down.

3. I increased the length of the lips seam and angled the new length slightly down with the cheek mod.

4. I reduced the thickness of the neck on the right side to accent the right (arnolds left) jaw. He has sharp, well defined jaws that was being lost with the neck thickness.

5. I slightly reduced the width of the head/hair on the right side.

6. Leveled out the bottom of the lenses on the glasses.

Fairly minor edits really.

arnoldr.jpg

Last edited:
Back