Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the general opinion - based on this pic its kinda off. The cheeks too wide, forehead too small, hair too light coloured I think. We'll see. Not sure I'll bite one way or another though.

I think the width of the face is right on the money. Arnold is a box-faced-looking mother____er. In the 2nd pic i posted (close-up), it highlights Arnold's square face (as seen in the film) and i think this sculpt replicates it almost perfectly. My only complaint from this pic, is there hair atop his head seems a bit too thick. But the same can said about the T-800 PF, which in person IMO is the furthest thing from a problem.

5 long days :panic:

I think it looks good, for a statue.

The most accurate statement :lecture

T1PSAPF.jpg

I wonder if Sideshow doing this has any bearing on HT releasing the character in the same outfit. . .like maybe part of the license agreement was that HT had to wait to release their figure until after Sideshow did it as a PF? It is hard for me to come up with logical reasons why HT hasn't done this guy yet, but that might explain it.

Hot Toys is often illogical with omissions from lines, at least as collectors, maybe there's something we don't know about that would make sense, but often, figures they don't do seem like no brainers for sales.

Why can't HT just come out and put our minds at rest and say 'Yes we definitely are making a BD T2 and Police shootout/BD T1'???? What could be stopping them?

In my humble estimation, this would be the single most illogical set of omissions they've done. It is possible that they never get released, of course, but unless the western market has no bearing on HT's behavior (which I know that it does), they should be doing everything they can to get these produced and released. The other T-800s flew off the figurative shelves.

I still expect we'll see both, but not sure why they're dragging the line out like this.

Doesn't make any sense imo. Maybe 6 months ago but after all this time i'm convinced HT's has no strategy. I'm not complaining like some whiny weiners here tend to do but after I think a year (T2 Arnold) it seems odd.

I wonder if Sideshow doing this has any bearing on HT releasing the character in the same outfit. . .like maybe part of the license agreement was that HT had to wait to release their figure until after Sideshow did it as a PF? It is hard for me to come up with logical reasons why HT hasn't done this guy yet, but that might explain it.

I thought the same thing man.
Hope that we will see some announcement at least by this Christmas...

I'm betting that we'll see the battle damaged T2 before we see this version of T1 from Hot Toys.

Hmmm... well it smells like some sort of a sequence :lol

In my humble estimation, this would be the single most illogical set of omissions they've done. It is possible that they never get released, of course, but unless the western market has no bearing on HT's behavior (which I know that it does), they should be doing everything they can to get these produced and released. The other T-800s flew off the figurative shelves.

Well of course, as John would say, T-800s would be easy money. It would be interesting to learn why, if more are never put out, that they weren't done.

Doesn't make any sense imo. Maybe 6 months ago but after all this time i'm convinced HT's has no strategy. I'm not complaining like some whiny weiners here tend to do but after I think a year (T2 Arnold) it seems odd.

As far as T2, there is hope for a big hoopla DX figure to cash in on the 20th anniversary, but I see no reason to hold off on another T1, especially where there's really nothing about even BD T1 that's complicated to produce, T2 full BD is a bit more complex but T1 is mainly his face.

Well of course, as John would say, T-800s would be easy money. It would be interesting to learn why, if more are never put out, that they weren't done.

This is how I see it:

1. The T2 license may be longterm (eg. 5 years, 10 years)
2. They don't have the manpower to cover the license while doing all other new announcements, etc.

Hey! *hands on hips*

:lol You set yourself up ............... although I wouldn't consider you a whiner. :1-1:

Forehead and glasses are too small. Would be nice to see some nother angles on this like everyone says.

-Joe

This is how I see it:

1. The T2 license may be longterm (eg. 5 years, 10 years)
2. They don't have the manpower to cover the license while doing all other new announcements, etc.

:lol You set yourself up ............... although I wouldn't consider you a whiner. :1-1:

S'alright man when it comes to this topic (HT Terminator and the present lack of new figures) I'm totally a whiner, possibly the most non-stop whiner on the forum. You all need HT to finish these lines just to see the end of it from me.

Well what (at this point) would you consider complete?

Heres my take:

T2 T-800 BD (End scene w/bonus cyberdyne BD sculpt)
T1 T-800 BD (Police Shootout w/bonus full damaged sculpt)
T1 Kyle Reese (1984)
T1 or T2 Chromed Endo

Thats it. I'd be pleased.

I know we've learned our lesson about never judging a piece based on the initial photo, but...

I didn't know Kurt Russell played a Terminator.

That was my first thought as well! :lol

Looks more like Knight Rider with that hair do, need more pics.

No that you mention it, I can see him too! :rotfl

He looks like he's got a mouth full of food, and it reminds more of the guy (Brian Thompson) the Terminator killed at the start of the movie

10.%20Brian%20Thompson.jpg

Whoa! I can see him there, too! :rotfl:rotfl

And by the way, Hot Toys manages to take over yet another thread... :panic::lol

Heres my take:

T1 Kyle Reese (1984)
T1 or T2 Chromed Endo

That's my list, too. A Tech Noir Sarah would be nice, but I doubt that would sell.

And by the way, Hot Toys manages to take over yet another thread... :panic::lol
:rock

Hot Toys discussions are, in many ways, like cancer.

Heres my take:

T1 Kyle Reese (1984)
T1 or T2 Chromed Endo

Thats it really. I would love if they'd go ahead and make young John from T2 and Sarah from T1 but I know thats not going to happen, I can accept it.

I will be kinda annoyed if they don't make 1984 Kyle Reese.

I'll be majorly annoyed if they don't make T2 BD (I'm not expecting it to cover the minigun scene from Cyberdyne, only the Steel mill scenes) and Police shootout/Tanker chase T1 T-800 just because they are such obvious choices, guaranteed sellout figures, everybody wins. Why in all that is holy would HT not make them.

So at the least I want the 2 final Arnie T-800s, pushing it to 1984 Kyle Reese aswell. Anything else is a bonus.

Back