Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. So now Trevor has confirmed his involvement it's now a must buy even though it still looks like crap. I've bought pretty much every Terminator collectable there is except the recent T2 polystone statue because I'm a bit of a completist when it comes to Terminator but unless it looks better in other photos I absolutely will not be getting this.

I spoke with Trevor on Facebook and he said : "Thanks! I was hired to readjust the new Terminator piece, which had already been sculpted by another artist. So it's very much a collaboration, and not my full sculpt (as opposed to my other Terminator from T2, which I sculpted in full) I won't be able to share pics until Sideshow fully reveals the piece. But thank you for asking!".

So the pictures on Tuesday will be the final product finalized by Trevor ? Doesn't look like his work.:dunno

No, the picture we've already seen is the post-Trevor effort, he's not doing his work now, it's already been done.

No, the picture we've already seen is the post-Trevor effort, he's not doing his work now, it's already been done.

I guess we have to see it to believe it,we are hoping to be at least similar to the T2 T-800 and not Rambo.:hi5:

Looks OK I guess but is not as good as a hot toys sculpt.

Head sculpt looks pretty good in the video. Seems that the wonky proportioned glasses are throwing the likeness off a bit (and probably bad lighting/angle). But. . .

The major damage from being run over by a truck hadn't happened, but he had already taken his eye out. Hence, the sunglasses to hide the fact that one eye was an Endo eye. The damage there is pretty minor, but much more substantial than what we are seeing in that video:

terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg

vs.

t-800pf-1.jpg

My suspicion is that the non-damaged eye is a swap-out head. Exclusive or not. Here is the smaller pic that looks, to me, like he's got some damage on the eye:

T-800PF.jpg

That does look pretty good, but I find that a few Unpainted sculpts, especially Trevor's, always look better than the finished product.

However, having a head sculpt with an undamaged eye is pretty much a waste of Polystone

is not as good as a hot toys sculpt.

I find that a few Unpainted sculpts, especially Trevor's

I'd match Trev's work against anything Hot Toys does for sculpting, what really sets HT apart from other products is their paint apps, the realism of their flesh tones and eyes are what really make them stand out, paint Trev or any of Sideshow's top sculptors' work with HT quality apps and you'd be amazed how nice they look.

I'd match Trev's work against anything Hot Toys does for sculpting, what really sets HT apart from other products is their paint apps, the realism of their flesh tones and eyes are what really make them stand out, paint Trev or any of Sideshow's top sculptors' work with HT quality apps and you'd be amazed how nice they look.

:goodpost: Paint apps of HT are great. That's what is killing the likeness in many of the sideshow statues.

I'd match Trev's work against anything Hot Toys does for sculpting, what really sets HT apart from other products is their paint apps, the realism of their flesh tones and eyes are what really make them stand out, paint Trev's work with HT quality apps and you'd be amazed how nice they look.

chuck_norris_gifs_2.gif

This Trev guy has made some awesome sculpts. . .however, as was pointed out here, they sometimes look better before painted than after, no matter the quality of the paint work. I saw a Han Solo head he had done somewhere, and the sculpt looked unbelievable. But no matter who did the paint work (even some of the most talented guys on this forum gave it a shot), it was lacking the Ford likeness when painted.

Looks OK I guess but is not as good as a hot toys sculpt.

Dude, you're wrong. If you look at the history of your posts, sometimes youre on the money but historically I've found you post nonsensical BS about pieces you decided youre not going to add to your collection. Have you seen the HT Terminator head sculpts? Every single HT Terminator release has some likeness problems (ranging from minor to major) Sarah, to Tech Noir to T2 all have visible innacuracies. Your comment of HT "not as good as a HT sculpt" is a biased opinion and IMO it's flat out incorrect. If you can't see the likeness problems on ALL the HT Terminator(s) shame on you, especially because you call yourself an "elite collector".

:goodpost::exactly:

Dude, you're wrong. If you look at the history of your posts, sometimes youre on the money but historically I've found you post nonsensical BS about pieces you decided youre not going to add to your collection. Have you seen the HT Terminator head sculpts? Every single HT Terminator release has some likeness problems (ranging from minor to major) Sarah, to Tech Noir to T2 all have visible innacuracies. Your comment of HT "not as good as a HT sculpt" is a biased opinion and IMO it's flat out incorrect. If you can't see the likeness problems on ALL the HT Terminator(s) shame on you, especially because you call yourself an "elite collector".

::

Who the f is this guy...:dunno

I call them like I see them and stop trying to get my attention weak boy.

Back