Media Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum Games)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait? So we can play as one turtle at a time? I'd much prefer that! I like all the turtles, but I'm probably just going to stick with Leo!

I hope this game doesn't turn out like out of the shadows did. I had such high hopes for it and they fell flat.

I agree. I hated that you could injure your fellow players. I always ended up with kids that enjoyed destroying each other. Ugh.

I have high hopes for this one though. We all have to figure out some times for co-op once it comes out.

Out of the shadows was so glichy and broken. If they'd spent more time on the game then they would of had a masterpiece but it was such a rush job and you could tell by the voice acting to the fighting. The turtle designs were the only thing that was good, they did a great job on those.

So the price for this is going to be 50 bucks, that kind makes me think this will be a short quick cash like most of Platinum games have been lately and not the ultimate TMNT game most of us are hoping for. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Plus the countering system for out of the shadows was garbage. I've never had issues with countering attacks in video games until this one. It felt like a coin toss if you were actually going to counter or just get hit.

My buddy and myself never even finished the game.

$50 Huh? Not exactly cheap. Was devastation that much?

looks awesome, has there been any news on if this is going to be CO-OP on one console? It's a turtles game, they have to give us offline co-op mode, what's the last turtles game that didn't have a co-op mode?

I was looking at it on the Xbox website yesterday and 4-player online co-op was listed as one of the features. That's a major selling point for me since my brother and I will likely be playing this just like we used to play the TMNT arcade game together back in the day :)

It was, but Devastation was also on sale for $25 several places within a month or two when Black Friday hit. That's when I got my copy.

Plus the countering system for out of the shadows was garbage. I've never had issues with countering attacks in video games until this one. It felt like a coin toss if you were actually going to counter or just get hit.

My buddy and myself never even finished the game.

Its not really cheap, but the fact that its cheaper than most games on the market tell me this will be a really really short game. Devastation was the same price, and was extremely short and wasn’t really anything special. It was the best Transformers game to come out in a while, but thats not saying much.

Its not really cheap, but the fact that its cheaper than most games on the market tell me this will be a really really short game. Devastation was the same price, and was extremely short and wasn’t really anything special. It was the best Transformers game to come out in a while, but thats not saying much.

The art style gets old real fast. Devastation was cool because of character presence.

Woah, that looked pretty bad :lol

The only thing I really enjoyed in those 16 minutes was the voice acting, and no van to drive in that huge city? Instead we turn crawl on walls, slide on rails and turn our shells into parachutes, not really impressed at all. Maybe the player was just bad but there doesn't look to be much combos at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm.. it's different then what I expected, but I think it has potential.

Looks more like a 4 player spiderman game, has a combo system, and doing quests objectives instead of a straight beat 'm up.

Also there's some nods to old school arcade games, like that little pizza button mash mini game reminds me of the Simpsons where you button mash to blow balloon, and I think Golden Axe had one like that too.

---

Woah, that looked pretty bad :lol

The only thing I really enjoyed in those 16 minutes was the voice acting, and no van to drive in that huge city? Instead we turn crawl on walls, slide on rails and turn our shells into parachutes, not really impressed at all. Maybe the player was just bad but there doesn't look to be much combos at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1st turtle game you can drive around town in the van, but that game is uber hard.

The only thing I really care about is local co-op, if there's no local co-op I highly doubt i'll be picking this up at launch. Sometime down the road but not at launch.

The only thing I really care about is local co-op, if there's no local co-op I highly doubt i'll be picking this up at launch. Sometime down the road but not at launch.
Its been confirmed local and online co op

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah.. dunno. I checked out the video, & while it looks like it could be fun playing with other people, the gameplay & art style isn't doing it for me. I guess I probably wouldn't like their classic Transformers game much either then. :lol

Yeah.. dunno. I checked out the video, & while it looks like it could be fun playing with other people, the gameplay & art style isn't doing it for me. I guess I probably wouldn't like their classic Transformers game much either then. :lol

I think it really depends on what you're expecting. I love the game, to me it's the perfect Transformers game, a love letter to fans of the original cartoon. People complain about the combat being to fast and shallow but I didn't have any issues with it, I loved the combat and considering my favorite Transformer Grimlock is a playable character throughout the whole game just added to my experience.

I'm really hoping for a sequel that triples the playable character count, even if some characters become just reskins of others that'll be good enough for me.

I'm expecting this game to be in a similar vibe to Transformers but where as Transformers was purely G1 this turtles game isn't based on any incarnation of the turtles.

Back