Media Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum Games)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. They did have a build already made, but when you look at the KojiPro demo to the final build, they play like completely different games. The original seemed more narrow in a sense, while Platinum went over the top, which worked better IMO. I still remember when it was being billed as prequel to MGS4, which makes absolutely no logical sense when that particular Raiden was way more overpowered than what you see in MGS4.

I remember how pissed people were when they saw the first demo from PlatinumGames how bad it looked compared to what KojiPro showed us a earlier. Myself included and didn't bother before it went on sale for 70% off so i gave it a go.

The KojiPro looked better visually, but I prefer the tone that was set in the final since it didn't take itself too seriously. Being canon or non canon, I thought it was a nice change of pace from otherwise serious narratives. And being post MGS4 worried me a lot, but it was handled with care. Especially Snake's fate being ambiguous.

Rising 2's biggest obstacle isn't Konami, it's the budget. As that video said, this TMNT game suffered clearly to the lack of money poured in to polish the gameplay and seems like a cash grab. Rising 2 has all the potential to be the mother of all hack n' slash games, if only given the proper time and money to happen.

I think it will happen eventually, when Konami gets back into the console business. I'd like it to be even more over the top crazy, heck- have a God as a final boss. Or Kojima. :monkey3

In any case, anyone still buying this? I'm sticking with my NES games, thank you very much!

In any case, anyone still buying this? I'm sticking with my NES games, thank you very much!
Was going to but after I saw that video Nope. I'll hunt down turtles in time before this game

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Rising 2's biggest obstacle isn't Konami, it's the budget. As that video said, this TMNT game suffered clearly to the lack of money poured in to polish the gameplay and seems like a cash grab. Rising 2 has all the potential to be the mother of all hack n' slash games, if only given the proper time and money to happen.

I think it will happen eventually, when Konami gets back into the console business. I'd like it to be even more over the top crazy, heck- have a God as a final boss. Or Kojima. :monkey3

Aren't they one in the same according to MGS4?

6F6q0SQ.png

The KojiPro looked better visually, but I prefer the tone that was set in the final since it didn't take itself too seriously. Being canon or non canon, I thought it was a nice change of pace from otherwise serious narratives. And being post MGS4 worried me a lot, but it was handled with care. Especially Snake's fate being ambiguous.
I wouldn't change Rising once i got into it. It was entertaining for what it was, the pace was great. Just wanted to see what KojiPro could have done with a more serious tone.

TMNT 2 is still fun to play. TMNT 3 was never released in Europe so i never got to play that one.

If they release a patch that includes local co-op I'll pick it up but as a solo game I'll pass. Considering I have 2 more playthroughs to do in Dark Souls 3, I need to play Uncharted 4, I'm going to pick up Alien Isolation soon, still have to play fallout 4 and I might get the Witcher 3 but will probably wait for the GOTY edition on that one I really don't see room for this one lol

If they release a patch that includes local co-op I'll pick it up but as a solo game I'll pass. Considering I have 2 more playthroughs to do in Dark Souls 3, I need to play Uncharted 4, I'm going to pick up Alien Isolation soon, still have to play fallout 4 and I might get the Witcher 3 but will probably wait for the GOTY edition on that one I really don't see room for this one lol

Oh yeah, no local co-op, something even the NES games had. :slap

Oh yeah, no local co-op, something even the NES games had. :slap
It's such a stupid omission, I really can't understand why it's not there and I don't care about the fps excuse. If EDF can do local co-op this can to.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

4.9 on IGN... and from the live streams I saw... This was just an cash grab thats all it was...

Devastation was Ok IMO, but I'm a HUGE G! fan, so I'm extremely biased. Agreed that the Fall of Cybertron games were FAR better, and I hope they make a return.

Once I found this was only going to be Online (as far as Co-op) I knew I was out. Game looks terrible.

I like the single player action in this game for the most part. The only place where it has sucked so far is the Mega Krang stage. The AI Turtles don't attack Krang from what I've seen. I lost all of my continues on that level and now I have to start at the beginning. Other than that, I've had fun with the game.

I really wish we could get a tmnt game that's up to par with arkham city . I'm tired of these low budget turtle games that last only three hrs to play.

I really wish we could get a tmnt game that's up to par with arkham city . I'm tired of these low budget turtle games that last only three hrs to play.

I'd like a soul caliber type 1v1 fighter or a 2D/3D (street fighter 4) fighter, I loved tournament fighter on the snes... Or failing that I wish a studio that cared about the licence got it and spent all the time they needed to produce a game worthy of the franchise...

TMNT is not meant to be a fighting game, IMO. Never was.

This needs to be a beat 'em up by done right. I don't see how the "Arkham" style would fit.... Turtles are meant to be fun.

TMNT is not meant to be a fighting game, IMO. Never was.

This needs to be a beat 'em up by done right. I don't see how the "Arkham" style would fit.... Turtles are meant to be fun.

It could easily be done like Arkham. I mean they're meant to be ninjas after all. Running along rooftops, jumping in to groups of enemies on the streets, having big bad boss fights throughout the city. Arkham is pretty much the exact kind of gameplay you'd want for a ninja turtles game.

Back