TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct Distribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking Two-Face is coming but wasn't pre-planned, perhaps HT only had certain access to images, characters, etc. The NL reads like they saw some more things in the movie they want to make, like they were done but not anymore, or could just be PR bull.

TF is a HT certainty. TDK was built around him. I say no brainer.

I'm thinking Two-Face is coming but wasn't pre-planned, perhaps HT only had certain access to images, characters, etc. The NL reads like they saw some more things in the movie they want to make, like they were done but not anymore, or could just be PR bull.

Yeah I'm thinking Hot Toys gets whatever images we get. I don't think WB would've liked it very much if they gave HT images of Two-Face and it somehow got leaked out. Now that the movie is out and the Hot Toys team has seen Two-Face on screen I'm sure they'll start work on him.

Re: TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct distribution

DAmnit...im already broke.. going to start saving from right now for the new figures from this line. harvey is definitely going to be one of the figures.. what i would like would be a TDK costume from this scene. with the backpack thing and what ever the hell he is holding. unlikely.. but never hurts to wish

watermark.php

Oh man that shot makes me my stomach turn.

I wonder what the price difference will be, if any, between the Jokers ordered through international sellers and those DCD will bring over next year?

so do we think that all the existing figures are going to be released domestically at a significantly lower price now? (due to lack of shipping costs)

that would suck (especially after having them all pre-ordered already)

Cool news if you're in the US, but I guess it might help bring prices down in the UK a little as well... I hope.

So I guess we can expect this in the Previews books for ordering. I wanted a reason to buy from my local guy. He's a great guy.

I wonder what the price difference will be, if any, between the Jokers ordered through international sellers and those DCD will bring over next year?

According to "Mista" Joe and the DCD rep, it sounds like they won't bring the 1/6 scale figs over. Total bonehead move if you ask me, but I can see how they wouldn't want to cannibalize their 13" figs. But, if they really were planning a partnership with Hot Toys for a while now, while bother making a 13" version when you can count on the fact that the Hot Toys version is superior.

Either way, it sounds like we won't know what DCD is bringing over until September.

Just curious, but maybe I am wrong here. If DC does distribute the HT TDK Line into the US, will there possibly be slight differences due to different toys regulations here in the states? Just curious :confused:

as for the reference of MR and their relationship with Medicom, the problem was MR over ordered and closed out the Jack Sparrrows and Jack Skellington Stuff within a month or two of receiving them...I know because I bought quite a few and I can honestly tell you that at $50 thats more than double what they were closed out for..MR's issues are the fact that they have very very poor distribution unlike a DC Direct...

That just makes me sick, I ended up paying about $130 for him through Alter Ego when he first came out. And to think they were offering them to retailers for $25 a few months later.

As an aside, that figure I bought broke and I ended up waiting months to get a replacement from MR, mostly because of poor communication on their part. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

According to "Mista" Joe and the DCD rep, it sounds like they won't bring the 1/6 scale figs over. Total bonehead move if you ask me, but I can see how they wouldn't want to cannibalize their 13" figs. But, if they really were planning a partnership with Hot Toys for a while now, while bother making a 13" version when you can count on the fact that the Hot Toys version is superior.

Either way, it sounds like we won't know what DCD is bringing over until September.

the announcement on what they plan to do may come sooner but the earliest it could be in previews is september..and they are working on the september previews now!!!

I would think if DCD brought in the 1/6th scale stuff they would have to go out with at least a $199.95-$229.95 SRP otherwise it will take away from their 13"/1/6th Line (unless DCD plans on canning that line) and call it like the Museum 1/6th Line...

Just curious, but maybe I am wrong here. If DC does distribute the HT TDK Line into the US, will there possibly be slight differences due to different toys regulations here in the states? Just curious :confused:

that is always a possibility...just like transformers..some names and stuff hasbro cannot and does not use in the U.S. but they are used in asia by tomy/takara

the announcement on what they plan to do may come sooner but the earliest it could be in previews is september..and they are working on the september previews now!!!

I would think if DCD brought in the 1/6th scale stuff they would have to go out with at least a $199.95-$229.95 SRP otherwise it will take away from their 13"/1/6th Line (unless DCD plans on canning that line) and call it like the Museum 1/6th Line...

that is always a possibility...just like transformers..some names and stuff hasbro cannot and does not use in the U.S. but they are used in asia by tomy/takara

I love your cat avatar. PEW PEW PEW!

DC could also just keep their 13" line comic based, can their movie figures after the Watchmen ones and just let HT make movie based versions of their characters in 1/6 scale.

Its PR Bull, if Mattel already had a TF planned and proto'd then I can't believe that HT wouldn't. My guess is that they got early stuff and after seeing the film they want to go back and refine a bit.

Gordon would be a waste of plastic for me, but I'd love a Dent with 2 heads.

I would love a Gordon!!! Two! One in standard Commish garb with Bullet Proof vest and one in full SWAT uniform!

Dent would have to be a 2 in 1 similar to Clark Kent where you could change out the Jacket and head to make it accurate....I'm not sure if you'd need additional pants...

Not a whole lot of love here for Alfred, but he gets my vote along with Two-Face. :naughty

A Michael Caine Alfred is needed and considering he wouldn't come with much if anything at all I think it'd be a cheaper $90 figure like the 2nd Sao Fang.

Gonna suck for the HK ebay sellers. The days of fleecing by some of them will be coming to an end.:rotfl

Not so much....I have a feeling that HK eBay seller have nothing to worry about as long as DCD is still making their 13" figures. I don't see them bring in competition which would smoke their offerings.

it will take away from their 13"/1/6th Line (unless DCD plans on canning that line) and call it like the Museum 1/6th Line...

I don't see them canning their 13" line its selling fairly well.

I love your cat avatar. PEW PEW PEW!

thanks!!

DC could also just keep their 13" line comic based, can their movie figures after the Watchmen ones and just let HT make movie based versions of their characters in 1/6 scale.

good idea

I don't see them canning their 13" line its selling fairly well.

yes as I retailer I can see they are selling very well!!

Back