TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct Distribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest problem I see is that the value of these will plummet. I remember when Master Replicas brought the Jack Sparrow RAH over, now you can barely fetch $50 for it.

I think that has more to do with HT releasing subsequent superior versions.

Well if DC Direct is bringing in Hot Toys stuff to NA...then it must be going through Diamond Comics because they distribute all their products now. I do wish they would have announced earlier because I placed orders elsewhere....but I have a good source for them through Diamond if they go that route.....Would be nice to see HT do a full range of figures for Batman and other DC Characters....

It's seems odd though. If the HT figures turn out to be popular in the states, for around the same price for DCD's 13" line, won't it put that series out of business?

I spoke to my diamond rep today and she told me that there had always been discussion of bringing in Hot Toys products for Dark Knight but they would only bring in products that would not compete with items they already have produced (dc direct) so I feel comfortable in my statement that we will probably see things like Cosbabies, Snap Kits and maybe the Vehicles (but I would doubt that many mom and pop comic shops would order these) I also asked her to be blunt with me because of the 2nd wave of Jokers and she told me that (which I kind of figured) the August Previews is done so the earliest catalog these would go in would be the September Previews which means orders would be due in October so more than likely anything offered by Hot Toys through DC Direct would be not available until Feb/March of 09...

as for the reference of MR and their relationship with Medicom, the problem was MR over ordered and closed out the Jack Sparrrows and Jack Skellington Stuff within a month or two of receiving them...I know because I bought quite a few and I can honestly tell you that at $50 thats more than double what they were closed out for..MR's issues are the fact that they have very very poor distribution unlike a DC Direct...

just my 3 cents and a batarang

Joe

I'd like a ninja Bruce from Batman Begins with an extra bearded 'Drifter' head and extra 'drifter' or prison costume.

That, and an Alfred.

Well if we are getting strictly more TDK stuff.. Harvey and Gordon I think will be locks with Scarecrow and possibly an alternate Joker.

Even if they do bring in the 1/6 stuff I'm betting it will be LONG after the HK distributors get it.

Gordon would be a waste of plastic for me, but I'd love a Dent with 2 heads.

Gordon would be a cherished item for me, especially a SWAT Gordon.

Maybe even a "Take out the trash" Gordon. :lol j/k

"I think you're trying to help... but I've been wrong before"

Actually I'd rather have a Morgan Freeman fig. Could bash a second one into a 7 figure.

Gordon is a far more important character IMO -- only ally against Crime on the GPD, he drove the damn tumbler to save Gotham by blasting the monorail supports, he's Batgirl's Dad/Uncle --

Fox is a beloved character but the only time he drove the Tumbler was a test drive in the camo proto so gordon in The Tumbler is a cool option. I consider Lucius a secondary character, especially in TDK, and Comm Gordon a primary character...

But yeah, a Freeman would be great too!

Besides I just love Oldman...

I'm thinking Two-Face is coming but wasn't pre-planned, perhaps HT only had certain access to images, characters, etc. The NL reads like they saw some more things in the movie they want to make, like they were done but not anymore, or could just be PR bull.

Back