TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct Distribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCD is bringing in the 1/6 figures, although no plan for the pod or tumbler right now. They have the Joker and new suit on display in their booth at SDCC. The DCD Joker is good, but seeing him displayed next to the HT one - there's no comparison - HT wins hands down.

Figure this is as close of a thread for this as any. Mattel has stated that they are working on a Movie Masters Two-face figure. They only got the reference pics of it a month ago, so it won't be out until 2009. They say it takes a full year to produce a figure.

So with that in mind, it could be just as long for Hot Toys to make a Two-face figure. So don't expect him to be the next announcement in the line.

I do think the figures distributed by DCDirect with has an inflated price to protect their own investment in their 13" figures. $150-70 for sure... Maybe even $180... They do like to have big price points on their stuff!

Figure this is as close of a thread for this as any. Mattel has stated that they are working on a Movie Masters Two-face figure. They only got the reference pics of it a month ago, so it won't be out until 2009. They say it takes a full year to produce a figure.

So with that in mind, it could be just as long for Hot Toys to make a Two-face figure. So don't expect him to be the next announcement in the line.

Well that's good because I expect the next figures to be Gordon, Sonar Bats and Scarecrow.

I see no reason WHY Gordon, Scarecrow and Bats couldn't be pumped out by the end of the year. Gordon just needs a sculpt and the Gotham SWAT Gear. Scarecrow needs the two different heads and a suit (maybe the straight jacket, depending) and Bats is just a retool to the TDK Bats and maybe a third Bale head.

I spoke to my diamond rep today and ... I also asked her to be blunt with me because of the 2nd wave of Jokers and she told me that (which I kind of figured) the August Previews is done so the earliest catalog these would go in would be the September Previews which means orders would be due in October so more than likely anything offered by Hot Toys through DC Direct would be not available until Feb/March of 09...

A) thanks for the info, Joe!

B) if the TDK Batman and Joker, as we're expecting to be offered, are coming out next Feb/March then I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't Hot Toys' usual round of variations such as coming with the sticky-gun and light-up sonar eyes on Batman so that Hot Toys can sell this wave to overseas buyers as well.

For new figures I think a Bruce Wayne is coming. Gordon would be great but Scarecrow and Two-Face are who I am hoping for so I can fill out the Pantheon of villians.

Well that's good because I expect the next figures to be Gordon, Sonar Bats and Scarecrow.

Sonar Bats would be the ^^^^, but all you'd need is a new head with sonar lenses, not a brand new figure.

Two-Face won't be hitting anytime soon. WB is still keeping that under wraps, until DVD/BR release.

I'm imagine the next line to include a new version of the Joker,possibly the bank robbery or funeral version.I'd get all of them.Heath just owned that movie.

Back