TDK Award Winnings List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it puts a taint on Ledger's recognition if the rest of the movie isn't even nominated for anything else. He did great, but I can't help feeling if he's the only part of the movie they're even acknowledging for nominations, some of it has to be a PR move of not wanting to be the only group to snub him for it with his having passed away a year ago.

The Best Picture list is horrible. Lots of good films that people have actually seen got snubbed for films that no one wants to see. Ain't that always the way?

I'm shocked at how much love The Reader is getting. It seems to have pushed TDK out of best picture and best director. It's barely getting good reviews from critics sitting at only 60% at rottentomatoes.

Score doesn't surprised me, if the film and director aren't getting a nod, score sure as hell won't.

TDK was like a perfect recipe for an entertaining film; director, cast, score, cinematography. No one part carried it all, it was the mix of all the elements. Which again is why I feel like the Ledger nomination screams peer pressure and not legitimate choice. They've basically said the rest of the movie outside of him isn't worth recognizing and I think that's crap.

I agree with one article I just read that more and more people are getting increasingly disinterested in the Oscars because it features films that a lot of people have never seen or heard of. It was also pointed out that TDK was the one reason people are going to watch the Oscars this year. I hope there will be an outrage so loud the Academy officials will find it hard to ignore. I see there will be, not only domestic, but international disgust. People are now aware that these films considered for the Oscars are nothing but pretentious efforts created for the sole purpose of FISHING for Oscars -- nothing more. They weren't created to make box office money -- just to snag awards.

Last edited:
8 total nominations and maybe 2 of them commendable. Oh well i'm not surprised though. I would have thought Nolan as best director and TDK for best score but i'm not surprised about anything else.

Pretty disappointing...the Academy had legit reasons to nominate TDK, boost ratings, make itself look relevant to the public, and totally blew it!

I won't be watching them. :rolleyes:

Pretty disappointing...the Academy had legit reasons to nominate TDK, boost ratings, make itself look relevant to the public, and totally blew it!

I won't be watching them. :rolleyes:

So even if a movie doesnt deserve it they should just it as many nominations as possible so a few more people will tune in :confused:

So even if a movie doesnt deserve it they should just it as many nominations as possible so a few more people will tune in :confused:

Absolutely not, what they should do is restructure awards, so there's a best picture based on technical criteria and a best picture based on the film that reached audiences most, that way a film like TDK that seems it should win because of it's audience success will get recognition for it's power to do that, and the arty film will be recognized for the technical skills of the production.

Movie awards are like middle school, no one wants to pay attention to the straight A student, they want to pay attention to the class clown that entertains them. The Benjamin Button's are the A students, TDK and Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean are the class clowns.

I can't believe you guys are acting like you didn't expect to see this. The Academys are for the artsy fartsy movies. Not the latest nerdgasm summer blockbusters that we all love.

That is what the People's Choice and MTV movie awards is for, the Academy is and always will do whatever they want, regardless of how many fans moan. I for one don't think TDK was deserving of any more nomimations than it got, Legder I totally agree with, beyond that everything else was par at best.

Back