Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOu're right, it was $400. At least I got one that wasn't all blemished up I guess...
Anyone see this listed on HLJ? Can't find that page either???

I got my C-3PO for 260 shipped.

I think now I will have to pay big cash for R2 :rotfl

I would like to know how tall Hot Toys R2 is on two legs, before I decide.

Ordered at amiami.

How does pre order work at amiami? Can I cancel it later on? Am I charged only when the item arrives at their warehouse? Any flexpay?

I might wait and see if SS will distribute it too.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

How does pre order work at amiami? Can I cancel it later on? Am I charged only when the item arrives at their warehouse? Any flexpay?

I might wait and see if SS will distribute it too.

Charged at shipping, no flexpay, and they do not allow cancellations.

But they are reliable and pack really well.

Charged at shipping, no flexpay, and they do not allow cancellations.

But they are reliable and pack really well.

Yeah, the 3PO I got from them was incredibly well packed and arrived blazingly fast.

For all the boast of being largely metal, it looks a cheaper toy than Sideshow's.

bann14338_0_1490589619.jpg

And those hideous rivet holes...

Will await the inevitable OT from HT.

I couldn't agree with you. In my opinion, the silver paint application on the SS dome looks a lot more cheaper.

e853597097a34f6a55f6cc22d008a37c.jpg

But I understand your frustration. :)

Can't wait for it.
Sorry but comparisons with the Sideshow R2 are ludicrous imho, SS R2 looks like a model kit , fragile, flimsy and plasticky, and with that awful dome seam to boot , yuck!
And good luck with the HT version, if and when it comes out, hope it does not fall apart after two years.
If the C3PO is any indication, this R2 should be able to last forever.

Their Threepio is a class product.

Their Artoo looks more inaccurate than Sideshow's, with what looks like cutouts for the hinges, for example.

item_0000011781_KSV8VyHH_03.jpg

With luck the HT will look something more like this:

I think the pics with them both together look really good. I'm hoping the indents along the long panels are screen accurate and that the rivets aren't as noticeable in hand. Just like in photographs, the 3po still has surprise face, but in hand it looks totally different to me. For now, I'm going to have the Tamashii droids and the SS droids and wait to see if HT can somehow technically blow those out of the water, cause that is what it will take for me but any more 1/6th droids. For instance, a Sphero type R2 or walking 3po would have me digging back in my pockets.
Placed an order. Let's see how the Celebration pics look after the show. So glad this project is off the ground finally!

There doesn't really seem to be a need for the panel cut outs at all. Hopefully the rivets will get scaled down in production, or like 3POs pistons, it'll be the rule of the Amish.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 162
Let's also not forget that this is the only r2 that comes with a proper base. :)

I wonder why it took so long for them to launch this droid. License issues, maybe?

Let's also not forget that this is the only r2 that comes with a proper base. :)

I wonder why it took so long for them to launch this droid. License issues, maybe?

There were only rumours as to why they took this much time, something about a tiff between companies.

That weird base is no selling point. It doesn't pair well with the 3PO base (ie no Tantive IV feature and recesses that appear to only be there to house R2's feet in 2-legged mode) - and there's clearly a recess for a supporting rod that product pics don't show anywhere. At least it's not round like the early proto one was, but still...

I PO'd this straight away, mainly on the back of 3PO. But I'm making a lot of concessions already based on the pics and info shown so far: plastic dome, prominent rivets, visible hinges, scale.

I have been looking forward to this R2 for years, but I confess, I'm not seeing anything particularly persuasive to draw me away from the SS. Maybe it's a slow burn and my mind will change after some in hand reviews.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Will definitely be getting this.

Now the big question is what will their next figure be? Back in the day there was a rumour that they were working on a third figure. Dare we dream of a Tamashi Grievous?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back