Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I know people like the real wires in his midsection, but the 3PO screen costume did not have real floating wires. So that comes down to do you want a real world robot 3PO, or a movie screen accurate 3PO.

I can see some real floating wires here.

9600d0dac5738dc0460528612bcda6a0.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I can see some real floating wires here.

9600d0dac5738dc0460528612bcda6a0.jpg

Hmmm... Nice pic and find there. I've seen the actual screen costume in person a long time ago when Lucasfilm did a Magic of Myth tour around the country with tons of the actual props on display. Think it was after EPI released. . Don't remember actual wires in it the display. Wonder if there were different versions..

There were. Take a look at ROTJ belly wires. Look way different. Can't question the Japanese Scholar's eye for belly wires.

Here's a pic for the ad and the cover for a book published to go with it. I have the book too... somewhere.

c_myth.jpg

And here's a pic of the exhibit..

pic4.jpg

This is from the web. I have tons of pics I took, on a disc somewhere, but back then digital cameras were crap. I don't even remember if it was 1 megapixel.

I'll be there on thursday. I'll take pics, but it'll only be with my phone

Loki, sorry to ask you again, but do you think you will be able to confirm how tall is the Tamashi and how tall the Hot Toys is?

For me, that is the most relevant factor now...

Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

There were. Take a look at ROTJ belly wires. Look way different. Can't question the Japanese Scholar's eye for belly wires.

Yeah, the SW and ESB versions were all loose wires, but for ROTJ they went with that weird all-parallel look to the wires, and probably 3/4's of them were just painted on the black rubbery fabric (sort of like a red/blue/white painted grid,) but 1/4 of the wires were still either actual loose wires or glued-on cord.

In the Magic of Myth displays etc. a few of the loose wires are missing from the ROTJ suit vs. the way it was in the movie.

So is this going up for pre order AT Celebration? I really hope the die cast dome is not out. After this long of a wait, that would put a damper on it. Also, on each side of the long panels, there is an indent along the joint. Is that accurate to the ANH design? If not and it's to facilitate opening the panel, maybe a SS approach should be implemented with the magnectic panels.

So is this going up for pre order AT Celebration? I really hope the die cast dome is not out. After this long of a wait, that would put a damper on it. Also, on each side of the long panels, there is an indent along the joint. Is that accurate to the ANH design? If not and it's to facilitate opening the panel, maybe a SS approach should be implemented with the magnectic panels.

According to the bandai site listing, it will go up on Japan sites tonight. hlj.com amiami.com anime-export.com etc.... at 2:00 am CST.

Who's the best to order from? I ordered from SS on 3po, but paid msrp for sure while the HK sites offered deep discounts. That sucked big time.

Who's the best to order from? I ordered from SS on 3po, but paid msrp for sure while the HK sites offered deep discounts. That sucked big time.

HLJ or amiami are pretty good for pre-orders. I got mine for $300 shipped from HLJ on pre-order, back in. . . 2013!!! Oy vey, it's been that long?!?!?

Yeah I paid SS $300 too! So sad.
No listings on either of these sites for the R2, however.

Yeah definitely. It thought it was in the $330 to $360 range from the Japanese sellers when it first came out.

Yeah, it was offered for $400. So when it was up for order at $300, I thought it was a fantastic deal.

Then when it was finally released, it went wide, and sellers all over Amazon were blowing it out around $200 or so. I think that escapade is somewhere in this thread.

$230 for this at AmiAmi seems okay. The rivets are a deal-breaker for me though. You can see them at the beginning of ANH, but they're really tiny. But by the end, in the Yavin ceremony, when R2 is sparkly clean, like Tamashii has made him here, you can't see the rivets at all. The only thing I can think is they had to do it that way for some production reason.

Loki, sorry to ask you again, but do you think you will be able to confirm how tall is the Tamashi and how tall the Hot Toys is?

For me, that is the most relevant factor now...

I'll ask while I'm there if someone is around to answer any questions that is. Sometimes they have stuff in cases with no around to actually talk to.

Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Yeah definitely. It thought it was in the $330 to $360 range from the Japanese sellers when it first came out.

Yeah, from memory I got mine for about $330 EMS shipped from Japan which was at the time a pretty stellar deal. I think there were some people that got it for $250 shipped though, which is a stunner, but then it went back up to the $400 range again.

There were quite a few imperfections with the "perfect" 3PO, like noticeable blemishes, problems with the arm pistons etc. - I was happy with mine because it was indeed perfect.:lol

Back