Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the side of the opening panels.

If Sideshow could engineer hidden hinges I don't know why Bandai couldn't.

They look like the kind of thing you find on toys to get your fingernail under to open something. Except they're on the opposite side.

At the side of the opening panels.

If Sideshow could engineer hidden hinges I don't know why Bandai couldn't.

They look like the kind of thing you find on toys to get your fingernail under to open something. Except they're on the opposite side.

I looked at the pics and can't see the hinges on him...

I looked at the pics and can't see the hinges on him...

See the long, vertical rectangular panels on the front of R2's body on either side? If R2's facing you and you look at the left one, on the left side of *that* panel, there is a small, centred, vertical rectangular indent that looks like a seat for a hinge mechanism. It's mirrored on the other panel, too. I don't recall seeing that on-screen or anywhere, hopefully it's just a prototype thing.

See the long, vertical rectangular panels on the front of R2's body on either side? If R2's facing you and you look at the left one, on the left side of *that* panel, there is a small, centred, vertical rectangular indent that looks like a seat for a hinge mechanism. It's mirrored on the other panel, too. I don't recall seeing that on-screen or anywhere, hopefully it's just a prototype thing.

I finally saw it. Well, I agree it's not very nice. But not a big deal breaker here.

Anyway, this is still a prototype. Some minor things can actually change in the final product. Rivets and hinges included.

The plastic dome, on the other hand, seems like a consolidated decision. Unfortunately. :(

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I think it is a resin dome, or at least a very thick plastic, since there are no visible seams and it looks sturdy.

Much much better than Sideshow's. That was for me the biggest issue with Sideshow. Seams on the plastic dome.

I think it is a resin dome, or at least a very thick plastic, since there are no visible seams and it looks sturdy.

Much much better than Sideshow's. That was for me the biggest issue with Sideshow. Seams on the plastic dome.

I agree--definitely better than Sideshow's dome. Looks like there is a thick layer of clear shiny lacquer on it as well that gives it a nice finish. Still, a little disappointing that it's not metal especially since HT's is.

it's been confirmed that the Tamashii will have no sound effects.

For me it's perfectly OK.

Bummer. I was fine with that for Sideshow's, but if I was going to upgrade to the Tama I was hoping there would be sound effects too.

Yes, the scream as buyers see the price.

:rotfl

97cc434f8dd733d5fa85101c6285ef2d.jpg

Lol going through this thread makes me aware of how my "friends" must see me when I talk about how darth vader should look blabla. I read about hinges in here and I got no clue what the hell you are on about! :rotfl I feel normal.. This is highly unusual. :lol

I wanted to like this and I wanted to buy this to go with 3PO. I would even have stood for the $300 price. But hinges, rivets, and a plastic dome have doomed this for me. I hope hot toys comes through with that fancy metal dome!

Back