Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not quite sure why they didn't do the dent on the head? I mean, why the dent on the chest, but not head? That's just weird.

I got this this morning and wow, just wow!!!

My greatest fear from the pictures I've seen was that it would look too shiny, like the hasbro and Kenner were, but it's no so. A very beautiful, hefty figure and the detailing is top notch!

I bought it with a lot of hesitation, but no regrets! :)

Got mine in the mail today and even after reading all the positive reviews, I was blown away by it.

Classy box and wonderful figure, just need to do the eye film mod and it will be a perfect C3P0 in the display.

Bring on R2!

Aaand it's back in stock at AmiAmi, what's with that back and forth? I might cave in and buy this, but have to wait for my credit card to roll over for a fresh new month first (yes that's the sorry excuse for a man I am). :gah:

Do what you must and don't let this one slip past you.

Best 3PO I've seen from any manufacturer at any scale.

I got this this morning and wow, just wow!!!

My greatest fear from the pictures I've seen was that it would look too shiny, like the hasbro and Kenner were, but it's no so. A very beautiful, hefty figure and the detailing is top notch!

I bought it with a lot of hesitation, but no regrets! :)

Congrats!

I hope Tamashii is hard at work on perfecting R2 and giving him the same attention to details.

I hope Tamashii is hard at work on perfecting R2 and giving him the same attention to details.

I really hope so as well, and it's actually a minor source of anxiety for me (I will always love this 3PO figure, but he'd look a little lonely on display if R2 didn't come out right and I had to pass on him). Mainly it's the scale and the dome finish that are the main concerns. The dome finish seems like an easy fix, but the scale? That seems like a harder flaw to correct (blows my mind that the only people who have gotten scale right are folks who made a freakin' R2 alarm clock??). R2 seems like he'd actually have the broader appeal of the two droids on the marketplace, so I hope Tamashii sees the wisdom in getting him perfect (and maybe giving him a stand that compliments 3PO's?)! :pray:

Anyone else have loose joints? I've heard a few people mention this. (still on the fence for this beauty)

Anyone else have loose joints? I've heard a few people mention this. (still on the fence for this beauty)

the arms especially are very loose. At one angle it could hold it fine but you rotate it and life it a few degrees and it flops all over.

I'd still get the figure if you can get it for around the 300 mark. as soon as it goes into 400 territory no way, the figue is not worth it IMO.

my 3po has no loose joint isssues at all.

the only issue i have at the moment is there's no r2 for him to stand next to.........:(.................yet......:pray:

the arms especially are very loose. At one angle it could hold it fine but you rotate it and life it a few degrees and it flops all over.

I'd still get the figure if you can get it for around the 300 mark. as soon as it goes into 400 territory no way, the figue is not worth it IMO.

Eh, you say that but people pay WAY more for figures/little suits/ties/coats from the likes of Rainman/Kato so I guess that's subjective. YMMV.

my 3po has no loose joint isssues at all.

the only issue i have at the moment is there's no r2 for him to stand next to.........:(.................yet......:pray:

You going to look at one of those alarm clock R2's?? I'm going to order one, either the projecting or the action alarm clock. But I'm also checking out the Hasbro.

Need something until Tamashii's comes out.

Eh, you say that but people pay WAY more for figures/little suits/ties/coats from the likes of Rainman/Kato so I guess that's subjective. YMMV.
Yeah, I kinda look at it the same way. If this were a custom of the same detail, it'd sell to a subset on the forum for $1500.00+. It's easily worth the $400.00 Sideshow's asking, IMO.

Back