Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You going to look at one of those alarm clock R2's?? I'm going to order one, either the projecting or the action alarm clock. But I'm also checking out the Hasbro.

Need something until Tamashii's comes out.

i've considered the taito (sp?) in the past & still might because it looks pretty darn good.
if r2 isn't improved to the point like it did with 3po from the proto pics to the finished product i'll have a good placeholder until a definitive one is made.
it looks as if the tam r2 will need a complete overhaul (size wise & finish) compared to the 3po really only needing a better finish.

I hear you...I thought I could do C3-PO by himself, but somethings missing. :) Which Taito? I saw the USB can warmer and a few others. I haven't been able to find the Taito clock.

Sorry for posting this AGAIN but just in case anyone was looking for a correct 1/6 scale R2 like the one in this pic

attachment.php
it's for sale here. A little steep since I got mine for $40.00 shipped but at least everyone will know where to get one.

https://www.japtou.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14741

attachment.php
attachment.php

It is a full 7 inches tall and fully articulated including third retractable leg.
attachment.php

Perfect scale for R2. Much taller and wider than hasbro. Looks great in this shot too.

It's not the projector one. Just the clock that's hidden behind a small panel.

c3-po:......."R2-D2 what time is it?"......... :lol

yea i think the clock is the one you want to go with. i can't remember if the can warmer/cooler whatever or the projector's middle leg retracts or not.

Lets hope Tamashii will get to mod its proto to achieve the same proportions. Not gonna jump on a taito clock as i'd rather save for something else but very tempting.

That looks like a great scale up against the Medicom 3-PO and HT Luke.

Anyone see how it sized up against the Tamashii? I just purchased the R2 action alarm clock. It doesn't have a retractable leg, but his head and body does move automatically and have sound effects/lights.

I just ordered the Taito R2-D2 clock. Thank you, jedijim3002 for the link. I was intending to buy one.

Yesterday I ordered the Medi Vader 2.0 and got the Kotobukiya Chewbacca (for under $100).

I am just tired of waiting for these core characters and have found you can always sell them when something better comes along and the enjoyment will more than make up for the loss. Besides hobby losses offset the gains i make on selling clothes to people here for tax purposes.

No probs. it is a great r2. I have sanded the seam lines on my Taito dome and repainted the silver and with a brighter metallic blue. And yes PJB compared it to the tama 3po and it is spot on. Should be a pic in here somewhere.

Maybe there's a quick deal here or there under $350 shipped (maybe with something broken in the box) over eBay, but I certainly haven't seen any seller consistently offering them for around $300, so saying "if you can get it for..." is like saying "don't get it", at least currently.

It's possible the Tama may become like the Medi 3PO was (pre-Tama release,) where it was obtainable for over 25% below original retail and even 50%. So maybe the Tama 3PO consistently under $300 in a month or two I can maybe see. I'm not in the camp that believes this fig is going to be a $600-800 fig eventually. It's just 3PO...

And no, I don't have any loose joints either except that the ankles could be tighter simply due to the weight of the figure (but they aren't really "loose" if you move them on their own.)

I have the Hasbro and the Taito clock one and while the Taito is def the right size :)clap) and I really like it, I do prefer the look of the Hasbro overall - it just looks more like R2. The Taito has slightly off colors- drab dark blue, bright white, pale silver - and very, very obvious mold lines on the dome (bad place to have them.) The Hasbro has a more "R2 blue" and just feels more R2.

As a placeholder until the Tama R2, and if the Taito isn't available, maybe the Hasbro can be displayed with its feet hidden so a 1" riser can be put in. The Hasbro is also not wide enough, but it's really only the height that you notice.

Re: Taito, when I was looking for it, I came across a lot of R2's that looked like it but WEREN'T it. There are a few by Wesco (I think UK) and even some others by Taito that were not as good as that specific Taito clock R2. Some also had speaker holes in the body, didn't have third leg, missing the feet wires, etc.

The link by Jedijim is the actual one, and boardie PJB did buy it from them and received it okay.

Thanks for all that info. Do you have any pictures of your Hasbro R2?

Here are the pics.
Medicom

Thanks jedijim. I also ordered the Taito clock. Although your middle picture looks like the Wesco clock. I wonder if they stole that mold?

I will probably cancel the automated RD clock, which I ordered from Amazon for around the same price. Although it's cool....it's the wrong size. It might make a good office clock....on second thought.

I just taped off the body and eye and sprayed the whole dome. I then went back and painted all the blue panels individually. Pain in the arse but it turned out ok.
IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9538.jpg
IMG_9523.jpg

Of course that monstrosity was my modded Medi 3po. Sold it to help fund the tama.

Sorry for posting this AGAIN but just in case anyone was looking for a correct 1/6 scale R2 like the one in this pic

attachment.php
it's for sale here. A little steep since I got mine for $40.00 shipped but at least everyone will know where to get one.

https://www.japtou.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14741

attachment.php
attachment.php

It is a full 7 inches tall and fully articulated including third retractable leg.
attachment.php

Perfect scale for R2. Much taller and wider than hasbro. Looks great in this shot too.

It's not the projector one. Just the clock that's hidden behind a small panel.

This is available way cheaper at amazon.co.jp, 2400 yen. The only thing is if the store will ship overseas since it's not by amazon themselves but I got it through a proxy.

Back