Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is available way cheaper at amazon.co.jp, 2400 yen. The only thing is if the store will ship overseas since it's not by amazon themselves but I got it through a proxy.

that's like $25.............:panic:

can't read japanese...........:gah:......................:lol

is there a way to translate/convert amazonjp's website?

Is it the can warmer or the clock?

not sure........just not familiar enough with them....here's the pics
612yEIjZdAL.jpg

61AsbAi8O0L.jpg

looks like the leg & the periscope retract.
does the clock have the retractable arm in front?

Didn't know about the little doo-hickey on his body opening up as well :rock

Definitely think this is going to be a purchase... the price on the Tamashii is still crazy for C-3PO but makes more sense than $400 on little R2.

Wow! I didn't know it had the fire extinguisher like that. I though people were referencing the little button as a fire extinguisher and I was like...:dunno...huh??

Now that I bought this I gotta figure out the best way to give it a repaint..or maybe not touch it at all. Although at a minimum it seems the blue needs to be completely filled in.

I'd love a scale C-3PO and R2, but after reading way too much in this thread and looking at so many pictures, I'm still not convinced this figure is where to start.

How tall is this 3PO exactly? Correct scale would be approximately 11.5" but I thought I'd read this guy is 12". And of course Medi is undersized at 11" - we can't win. However, without putting the figure next to any other it looks amazing with the exception of some small details that hit me like a hammer every time: the oversized pistons on his arms.

Can this thing (realistically) be bought for $300 or less anywhere? What's the MSRP?

I understand what you are saying, it's not perfect. But it's by far the best C-3PO out there. Quite frankly, I couldn't see owning any other one, they just aren't close enough. This one.....it's as good as any SW figure I have seen. No SW figure is perfect, not one.

So if you look at it from that perspective, and you don't mind shelling out some major bucks....it's a good buy. But I know you have some great Batman stuff....so I can see why you feel that way.

I only own SS Sandtroopers, Marmit Sandtroopers, a Tusken Raider and a couple jawas. C-3PO is as accurate as the Tusken Raider and just a notch under my Marmits, which aren't perfect either....even after customizing. C-3PO is the best figure out of the box I have ever bought...next to my Dewback.

Solo_bones - interesting that you rate the Marmits above this 3PO. The Marmits are great - sure, but that's a huge call. They don't even come close in quality to 3PO. Same with the SSC Sand People. Awesome figure, but not on the same planet. :lol

3PO's a stand alone - even to HT Luke I feel.

I think Solo is probably referring to movie accuracy, rather than build quality. I don't think there's any denying that a figure using die-cast parts is going to feel substantial and allow for some serious points in the build quality department.

I don't have my Marmits in hand yet, but a Storm and Sand trooper are currently at my business mailbox waiting to be picked up on Monday. ;) From all the pictures I've seen online, I currently tie them with SSC, since they both have hits and misses in terms of movie accuracy. Build quality is another issue and obviously I'm waiting to have them in hand. I don't plan to get rid of them either way as I'd very much like to have both SSC and Marmit examples in my collection.

If I were to grab this C3PO and display him away from other figures I'm sure it would look phenomenal. I'm just worried about posing him along side others that may not be size compatible. Though I suppose it's easy enough to modify the height of a clothed figure to make everything look like it's in scale. ;)

Some fair points there.. but aside form the arm pistons which are obviously too big, this 3PO's gotta be one of the most spot on SW pieces out there. I think he's scaled pretty much right too - but I agree with those that think HT Luke may be slightly taller than he perhaps should be. Nothing's perfect though.. of course.

Btw - I checked out your set up thread.. nice work so far man. :)

I've got my 3PO surrounded by 3 Sandies(by Sideshow) and the scale seems to be correct. However, the base for 3PO is probably 3 times thicker than the Sandtroopers' base, so he does come up a little bit taller.

So I'll repeat my previous questions. ;) What's the SRP on this badboy and can he be gotten for $300 or less anywhere?

I'd love a scale C-3PO and R2, but after reading way too much in this thread and looking at so many pictures, I'm still not convinced this figure is where to start.

How tall is this 3PO exactly? Correct scale would be approximately 11.5" but I thought I'd read this guy is 12". And of course Medi is undersized at 11" - we can't win. However, without putting the figure next to any other it looks amazing with the exception of some small details that hit me like a hammer every time: the oversized pistons on his arms.

Can this thing (realistically) be bought for $300 or less anywhere? What's the MSRP?

He is 11.5 inches tall. Perfect. He is 12 inch scale according to the packaging which medicom also puts on their boxes. Trust me. He is in scale.

There's little to no chance of getting it under $300 anywhere right now.

Amiami was the cheapest I've seen - check them first, followed by Hobby Link Japan which is where I got mine from.

Yup. I got mine for $350.00 shipped. Cheapest I've seen since both of those were temporarily sold out.

Some fair points there.. but aside form the arm pistons which are obviously too big, this 3PO's gotta be one of the most spot on SW pieces out there. I think he's scaled pretty much right too - but I agree with those that think HT Luke may be slightly taller than he perhaps should be. Nothing's perfect though.. of course.

Btw - I checked out your set up thread.. nice work so far man. :)

Yeah, I was referring to movie accuracy. There are only small things I notice that are off, but I agree it's the best C-3PO out there by miles. It's a gorgeous figure and as far as stand alone figures go...it's first rate.

I just have a love for my Marmit Sandtroopers, that I customized to look more authentic. To me, they look like real people in real armor. Here's a pic of my one of my Marmit customs..

291bfb14-44f4-4ca4-9ce3-914fad2dfed3_zps4eda8a59.jpg

I love my C-3PO. But I feel my Marmit more...for some reason.

Don't get me wrong - as I've mentioned numerous times in the 'show us your troops' thread, I totally agree that the Marmits are sensational figures - the best looking 1:6 Imperials out there. :rock

I'm still after a couple of Stormies actually. :monkey2

In short though, I'm saying that overall; quality, accuracy etc - to me, this 3PO is the all rounder of the bunch. I think the scale's fine, & let's see how much better another company does with arm pistons this size. :huh

Back