Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a buddy of mine come over and told him to check out my latest addition...........he had not a clue about this figure even though our collecting habits run in the same circles..........he was blown away. Then I told him who made him and he was oh hell yea those guys make excellent stuff. Needless to say he is now on the hunt for a good deal on one. The 3po virus continues to spread........:devil

This is one of those figures that I think will cross a lot of collecting boundaries simply because of how beautifully crafted it is :)

Han Solo.
ama4unuj.jpg

Teeglo carbon!!!
qyzy6upe.jpg

I had no plans to get this figure because of the price, but after seeing the pics in here I had to pull the trigger on a 320.00 shipped listing on eBay (the plastic stand was cracked, though the seller was nice enough to say he's going to send me a replacement once he gets it in from the original seller). I had to sell a few items to absorb the cost but it was worth it.

This guy is my new favorite figure. He doesn't look too bad with my medi r2 but I'm tempted to buy r2 when he's released.

This sucker is even heavier than I imagined he'd be!

I don't think my opinion should or would sway anyone's decision one way or another. I bought it, and swore that I would never buy either of the two, before I did. So for me it was, because it brought me back to being a 7-8yr old kid in 1977.

I started collecting last year...and so this entire experience has been one of joy....joy that I put down almost 30 years ago because I thought I outgrew my love for Star Wars. I had the money and it was an easy decision because the figure inspires me to create dios for it. Something my wife likes to see me do...create, which is also something I put down some 20yrs ago.

For me it's a journey....one that's totally worth it.

2EE4691B-1610-499B-8F34-268834831363-524-00000081F27E4CF2_zps292ef1f2.jpg

Had a buddy of mine come over and told him to check out my latest addition...........he had not a clue about this figure even though our collecting habits run in the same circles..........he was blown away. Then I told him who made him and he was oh hell yea those guys make excellent stuff. Needless to say he is now on the hunt for a good deal on one. The 3po virus continues to spread........:devil

You guys are killing me! I immediately dismissed this figure as just not possible at the $400 price point. Now. . . . I am on the hunt. The pics and your commentaries have "sold" me on this. Ouch. And I thought I would always be happy with the Hasbro Collector's Addition. Lol.

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

I had no plans to get this figure because of the price, but after seeing the pics in here I had to pull the trigger on a 320.00 shipped listing on eBay (the plastic stand was cracked, though the seller was nice enough to say he's going to send me a replacement once he gets it in from the original seller). I had to sell a few items to absorb the cost but it was worth it.

This guy is my new favorite figure. He doesn't look too bad with my medi r2 but I'm tempted to buy r2 when he's released.

This sucker is even heavier than I imagined he'd be!

Congrats, Tbay! Glad you picked up this figure before he was sold out! It really is awesome and once you have it in hand you can't help but feel like a kid again! :)

You guys are killing me! I immediately dismissed this figure as just not possible at the $400 price point. Now. . . . I am on the hunt. The pics and your commentaries have "sold" me on this. Ouch. And I thought I would always be happy with the Hasbro Collector's Addition. Lol.

I was the same way. I remember seeing this figure at San Diego Comic Con being previewed at the Sideshow booth. I thought it was cool that it was a 1/6 scale figure that was die-cast, but then I saw that $400 price tag and I literally said, "Hell no!" out loud! I just shook my head and figured things were getting pretty ridiculous with these figures and couldn't imagine this thing selling more than a few pieces!
Well, fast forward to now and it's a whole different story! Getting a great discount from Amiami and Hobby Link Japan certainly eased in pulling the trigger, but upon realizing I spend way more of a custom figure made this purchase seem like a bargain. Once holding it and seeing it in hand, that's where the real magic happens! Just feeling its weight and seeing all the extra details and electronic function just impresses on all levels! I'm certainly happy that I picked it up and can't say enough about this figure to my friends and fellow collectors! Pick it up before it's gone! After that, the $400 price tag will seem like a drop in the bucket once it's aftermarket value starts to climb!

Right on, CDN. Can't wait for you to get yours. Feeel the joy, brother.

Wow, I really dig this figure. I wish I had the funds to get one. While C-3PO isn't my favorite, this piece is a work of art! Maybe some day :/

It does make me happy seeing everyone else enjoying theirs though. High-five to the owners!

Just got off of ebay. . . .$380 shipped is the best deal out there. Pretty sure I have gotten life sized busts from Sideshow for almost that price. Do any of the 3PO owners happen to own any life sized busts and if so - can he really compare? Man this is a tough one.

Just got off of ebay. . . .$380 shipped is the best deal out there. Pretty sure I have gotten life sized busts from Sideshow for almost that price. Do any of the 3PO owners happen to own any life sized busts and if so - can he really compare? Man this is a tough one.

hlj would likely be cheaper still, unless the shipping comes to $60 or more. Unless it's a tried-and-tested ebay store, I'd personally opt for the level of CS that established hobby stores offer.

...actually scratch that last post - CriterionCollector has his for sale in the commerce section for $340 shipped in the US.

Congrats, Tbay! Glad you picked up this figure before he was sold out! It really is awesome and once you have it in hand you can't help but feel like a kid again! :)

I was the same way. I remember seeing this figure at San Diego Comic Con being previewed at the Sideshow booth. I thought it was cool that it was a 1/6 scale figure that was die-cast, but then I saw that $400 price tag and I literally said, "Hell no!" out loud! I just shook my head and figured things were getting pretty ridiculous with these figures and couldn't imagine this thing selling more than a few pieces!
Well, fast forward to now and it's a whole different story! Getting a great discount from Amiami and Hobby Link Japan certainly eased in pulling the trigger, but upon realizing I spend way more of a custom figure made this purchase seem like a bargain. Once holding it and seeing it in hand, that's where the real magic happens! Just feeling its weight and seeing all the extra details and electronic function just impresses on all levels! I'm certainly happy that I picked it up and can't say enough about this figure to my friends and fellow collectors! Pick it up before it's gone! After that, the $400 price tag will seem like a drop in the bucket once it's aftermarket value starts to climb!

Thanks emarae! I totally felt like a kid playing with this figure, this was the first figure that really gave me that awe factor in awhile. The fact that it's so sturdy made me more willing to handle it than my other figures.

Your right, this guy will be really tough to find, glad I pulled the trigger on him even though I had to sell a few things to make it happen.

Loving this figure.
The only improvement I could see from this would be a weathered version. I prefer both 3PO and R2 that way.

Loving this figure.
The only improvement I could see from this would be a weathered version. I prefer both 3PO and R2 that way.

I like both looks, I'm not sure which I'd prefer if it came down to it. I think if they brought out a weathered version I'd buy that as well. The Medi R2 is nicely painted, but I'd want the Tamashii to be pristine to match 3PO.

Back