Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

Are they stuck on their stands?

Yeah, IMO all this talk is moot if these are just metal statues with an arm or so that moves.

This isn't the SW statue forum, folks. We are WAY overdue for 1/6 versions of these guys from SSC. I hate that they said they were doing them ages ago, then nothing, then these show up with the SSC logo and "heroes of the rebellion" on the box. Frankly, I'm not happy.

oh..............yea if they don't come detachable from the base eff that noise.........:lecture

I don't see Bandai having them non-removable from the base. I have been fighting the urge to order the Medi's, but would love to have these if scale and articulation is not an issue. I agree, if these are attached to the base by chance what a huge cluster ****.

C-3PO's feet are not in the same position between those two photos, so don't think that he's stuck to the base (though it is odd that there is no stand supporting him at the thighs or waist).

I'm with FLOSI and Barryo on this, assuming 3PO is not a statue from the waist down/stuck to base and the price is around $200.00 (er, and assuming scale matches SSC 100%), then I could see picking them up. Not totally confident that SSC could do any better than this, frankly (also think it will be a long time before SSC does them, considering that they are now distributors on both this set and Medicom's). We need more detailed information but so far they do look really good.

Bandai also do magnetic feet for some of their lines, im betting that's what it is

Bandai also do magnetic feet for some of their lines, im betting that's what it is

i wish all figures had this & we could do away with those unsightly wire holders...........of course that would mean we would have to have no floppy bodies........:lol

All my Bandai chogokins have no trouble standing. Wait for reviews if you're worried.

Without even seeing the droids if I had to choose between Bandai or SS versions I'm going with Bandai. This is just based on how I feel about the products I have from both companies.

As far as articulation, they're boasting that 3PO will actually have elbow articulation, which would be quite a feat.

Cool, didn't know that. That would make a lot of sense and explain the missing stand. Definitely a much more elegant solution, as Barryo mentions.

All my Bandai chogokins have no trouble standing. Wait for reviews if you're worried.

Without even seeing the droids if I had to choose between Bandai or SS versions I'm going with Bandai. This is just based on how I feel about the products I have from both companies.
Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards Bandai, too, assuming all the stuff I mentioned previously is not an issue. The more I look at 3PO the harder it is for me to think that Sideshow could match this detail.

As far as articulation, they're boasting that 3PO will actually have elbow articulation, which would be quite a feat.
That is pretty intricate work. Also bodes well for moving legs, I would think.

Last edited:

Yeah, IMO all this talk is moot if these are just metal statues with an arm or so that moves.

This isn't the SW statue forum, folks. We are WAY overdue for 1/6 versions of these guys from SSC. I hate that they said they were doing them ages ago, then nothing, then these show up with the SSC logo and "heroes of the rebellion" on the box. Frankly, I'm not happy.

So why do you think that these are statues again?

This was shown at SDCC under the Soul of Chogokin line, which isn't a statue line, and neither is this.

Yeah, don't think Sideshow would've displayed this with their 1:6 stuff if 3PO wasn't articulated, though some additional pics and details would certainly be welcome. So far, really liking these guys and the packaging, too. Kinda wish Sideshow would update their stuff, in that regard. Their design is tried and true, but also way past showing its age.

People are gonna complain about the prices of these regardless, but where do you think the cost of updating all the graphic design comes from???

I prefer what they have-makes the collection that much more seamless.

These look classy, like they'd be something you'd keep for a very long time, something a bit more "special" in my opinion.

I have a Threepio focus so I'm interested to know more about them.

SSC have taken far too long, they'll do character like Bith, WTF, yet the classics just don't show up. Maybe the PF is a better sign they'll come soon.

Anyway, back on topic, real metal will give these that classy feel and finish.

10472_460731347280880_200317305_n.jpg

After looking a little closer, I don't like the torso on 3PO. Looks like an old man who pulled his pants up too high. Chest area is too small, "stomach" area is too big. Not nearly enough wiring in the mid-section either.

Looks nice but the question remains how much?

Outstanding. C-3PO looks top notch with working pistons at the elbow and interchangeable hands. R2 is great. Love the box art on both. I want.

They both look nice, yeah - particularly 3PO! :rock

However - from what I can see so far, R2's dome shouldn't be as chrome as that - more a brushed silver, & his large eye should be more a black, not clear.

He looks a little small too.. :monkey3

I don't see any company outdoing this.

These look like the real deal man. I want R2. And 3PO.

I want money mostly. ._.

Back