Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO

This looks very good. Any confirmation on whether this will be 'it' or if SSC will attempt their own?
I'm guessing it's similar to their relationship with Medicom. Sideshow will just take a cut from distribution but eventually release their own droids.

Sideshow is fully capable of offering their own 1/6th 3PO right now, but they'll stall it so they can distribute this and get the fee first.

This will be better than SS or Medicoms, if they can get the weathering right since its made of metal and all.

This will be better than SS or Medicoms, if they can get the weathering right since its made of metal and all.

Why would it be better if it was real metal?

Can they get the casting details as sharp? Will it rust in time? Was the actual 3PO even real metal?

Sideshow is fully capable of offering their own 1/6th 3PO right now, but they'll stall it so they can distribute this and get the fee first.

Didn't SSC indicate that once the Bounty Hunters hit, they'd all come out in short order to each other? In that case, they should be working on 4-Lom, and as we all know he has lots of similar parts

I suspect the R2 and 3PO PF might give them a reason to wait as well. What's the point in competing with themselves?

Well, buyers of PF are very different than buyers of 1/6th for the most part. I mean, Dave separated the two disciplines into their own sections for a reason.

But distributing another 1/6th 3PO means we won't be seeing one from SS any time soon. At least 6 months from the time this becomes available for sale.

Detail on it looks subdued. Limbs look oddly shaped as well.

After IG-88, I expect something much better from SSC.

Well, buyers of PF are very different than buyers of 1/6th for the most part. I mean, Dave separated the two disciplines into their own sections for a reason.

But distributing another 1/6th 3PO means we won't be seeing one from SS any time soon. At least 6 months from the time this becomes available for sale.

Well, yes. But speaking as a guy who buys 12" figures and NOT statues or PFs..... that droids PF is tempting!

It looks fantastic, I'm interested in knowing more about it.

Sick of waiting for Sideshow to do a Threepio, but I shouldn't complain, we did get a 1/6th Dejarik table for........Chewbacca and Threepio..........oh wait.

It looks fantastic, I'm interested in knowing more about it.

Sick of waiting for Sideshow to do a Threepio, but I shouldn't complain, we did get a 1/6th Dejarik table for........Chewbacca and Threepio..........oh wait.
:lol.. yeah.

This piece looks incredible, I'm looking forward to more info for sure. :)

While this seems like it could be a cool piece, I'm not of a mind to spend $350 plus on a C-3PO. If my options are this, the underscaled Medicom or Hasbro. I'll just get a cheap-o Hasbro and call it a day :lecture

Although I'm sure Sideshow will make their own, I assume Sideshow lent they licensing rights to Tamashii in order for them to make this product.

Last edited:

It is, I saw it in person... and it was beautiful!!

That's good news. Have to see the final product but if its in the HT price range I might consider getting this and skipping the future Sideshow piece. Really depends on how this stacks up with the current 1/6th Star Wars figures I have worth displaying (I mean height-wise).

yea it would be nice to actually have some more info on this.........pretty intriguing.

While this seems like it could be a cool piece, I'm not of a mind to spend $350 plus on a C-3PO. If my options are this, the underscaled Medicom or Hasbro. I'll just get a cheap-o Hasbro and call it a day :day

Honestly, I'm ready to do this!

Does anyone know what the articulation on this is? The background cardboard mentions elbows... anything else?

Does anyone know what the articulation on this is? The background cardboard mentions elbows... anything else?

if you open up kuzeh's pics all the way & look closely......it looks as if the mid-drift has some play, and where the ankles meets the shin armor the left & right foot has a bit of difference in the placing so that suggests to me that they move. we know about the elbows (coolest feature yet) but damn wouldn't that be spooky to move? and at the very least the head will turn. so really that just leaves the kness being able to be bent. cool if they do but i could live with them if they didn't.

As great as this looks I'd really need to see photos of it next to some SS product to gauge my interest... Knowing if R2 is a follow up figure would help too.

Back