Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO

The only problem is the price... and that somewhat spotty chrome job, but this is just a prototype.

But compared to ANY other scaled Threepio, this looks the best in terms of the headsculpt. Both the Medi and the SSC PF look too rounded, this one has the right combo of rounded and angular.

But yeah, we need to see this next to some SSC 1/6 before this can be judged as "the" 1/6 threepio.:lecture

As great as this looks I'd really need to see photos of it next to some SS product to gauge my interest... Knowing if R2 is a follow up figure would help too.

I agree fully but what would be interesting is the amount of detail on this guy signals if they did do a R2 would he be able to be displayed with all of his gadgets coming out or will he just be a little garbage :dunno

ultimate-r2-d2-statue.jpg

I agree fully but what would be interesting is the amount of detail on this guy signals if they did do a R2 would he be able to be displayed with all of his gadgets coming out or will he just be a little garbage :dunno

ultimate-r2-d2-statue.jpg

Is that a 1 6 r2?

Any updates on 3po? Price? Release? Anything? I'm hoping this is in scale with sideshow stuff, not like medicoms made up 1/6 scale

Any updates on 3po? Price? Release? Anything? I'm hoping this is in scale with sideshow stuff, not like medicoms made up 1/6 scale

Well, Tamashii is Bandai, and Bandai and Medicom have a co-pro deal, so I hope that doesn't mean it's Medi scale... :lol

I think the thing that doesn't bode well in terms of price is the die-cast metal body aspect - I just want a really accurate, articulated Threepio for anything under $200. And I don't think this is it (except the first count) and it sort of bums me out that this will probably delay the SSC Threepio - if this figure isn't it.

It amazes me that even SSC's figures have somehow made the jump from $120 to $175 in a year. I'm sort of bracing for the price on this Threepio and expecting at least $300.

New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

10472_460731347280880_200317305_n.jpg

481988_460731200614228_1131110600_n.jpg

Just announced at Tamashii Nations HK.
The chrome plating on both figures looks really nice...but being a Bandai release, be prepared for ridiculous pricing.

credits to toysdaily FB page for the pictures

Last edited:
Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

Like how crazy? lol

Can't be sure at the moment, but they do like 1000 exclusives toys a year and you always have to pay an arm and a leg for those.

This are rumored to be under the chogokin line, meaning they will have die-cast metal parts but I can't confirm that right now.

The Threepio was already announced / previewed at SDCC - no?

They look great - need more photos though of course.

Not bad, but some more photos and close ups would be good to make an idea.

The Threepio was already announced / previewed at SDCC - no?

They look great - need more photos though of course.

Yes, the 3P0 was actually on display at the Sideshow booty at SDCC (it looked pretty good!). So it's safe to assume that Sideshow will be distributing these.

This are rumored to be under the chogokin line, meaning they will have die-cast metal parts but I can't confirm that right now.

Confirmed.

Pic from SDCC by Dave Myatt:

IMG_6203.JPG

Last edited:

Sweet! R2, definitely want these two. Bandai's chogokin line is great.

Thks for the update IrishJedi!!!

Anyway, the PM stands for Perfect Model

Back