Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

The question remains...

Are these articulated figures - or statues with limited articulation?

they should be articulated figures, as most of Bandai's chogokin robot figures have more than decent articulation.

But given C3PO's nature, I dont think he can move that much too.

Based on the little business card beside R2 and 3P0 I scaled up R2's picture so that both cards were the same size. Here is what the scaled up R2 looks like beside 3P0, so this is an approximate. I think R2 is the right scale:
attachment.php

Can't wait to find out MORE! :yess:

And R2's center leg is slightly collapsed, so we know that moves. The head must turn as well. And for 3P0 the box states that the elbows could bend, with the little shocks and all, as well as the knees. I'm wondering about his thighs if they can move at all?

Crazy pricing like SSC crazy? lol Double whammy if they are distributing it also..get ready for $1200 for the pair.

Crazy pricing like SSC crazy? lol Double whammy if they are distributing it also..get ready for $1200 for the pair.

I'd be hoping that they are going for $300 a piece.

Um, I'm hoping they go for $30.00 a piece, since I'm HOPING! ;)

Depending on the price and how well they scale, might be tough to wait for Sideshow's version. Like the idea of metal parts - especially for R2 - but at same time, not sure how practical it is, either. As I've mentioned in another thread, anything I've ever owned that was diecast and articulated tended to develop super floppy joints over time. Granted it has been a long while since I had those issues, so it may not be a concern any longer.

3PO's abs wiring will be a major point for me. As it looks, the wires are just painted on a flat surface and not seperate pieces.

3PO's abs wiring will be a major point for me. As it looks, the wires are just painted on a flat surface and not seperate pieces.

really?............i think they look separate & hopefully they are. but i'm really hoping these aren't too outrageously priced........:pray:

Yeah, that is one of the things I like about this 3PO that I doubt Sideshow would replicate once they release their version (on sign beside 3PO, it advises "Cords in stomach areas to be recreated as seperate parts"). Not sure why they look painted on to you? They look pretty clearly seperate to me (especially the photo from the SDCC display in post # 8), unless I'm mis-reading your post.

...i'm really hoping these aren't too outrageously priced........:pray:
Me too, but even the boxes look really expensive... *gulps* Really like the look of these two, though.

Last edited:

These look great. Not $1200 great though. Surely these will be in the $200 - $250 ea range?

We can only hope.

These are the droids I'm looking for. Out of every company I buy toys from Bandai is the one who disappoints me the least. I'm expecting the usual amount of love put in to these guys as any other chogokin.

really?............i think they look separate & hopefully they are. but i'm really hoping these aren't too outrageously priced........:pray:

At this point I can see going for these of the price isn't too out of line... I'm tired of not having the droids in my collection. :(

At least $200. The Bandai Ronin Warriors figures are going for $150+ new.

At this point I can see going for these of the price isn't too out of line... I'm tired of not having the droids in my collection. :(

word..............and if they distribute through ssc.........well..........i haz some reward points built up that would take the sting out of a 250-300 price tag..........:yess:

Back