Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

i like these a lot... i dont have any version of them yet,(actually aside from the dx07 i have preordered and leia as Boussh i have with my BHs I dont have any OT good guys yet) so i def want these, but..price. We need to see a price.

LOL... mind-fart. You are absolutely right... brushed steel look, sorry.

I'd be happy with a Sideshow version of the droids... with an affordable price tag.

There's no way I'll buy these.

217730_403237399725287_756978066_n.jpg

Anyone read Japanese?

Anyone notice the "Heroes of the Rebellion" logo up next to the Sideshow and Lucasfilm logos -- upper right.

So is this part of the Sideshow line-up? How can they use Heroes of the Rebellion?

I'd be happy with a Sideshow version of the droids... with an affordable price tag.

There's no way I'll buy these.

Yeah but when's that going to happen? How long already?

As Wor-Gar said, something interesting is going on with the terminology on the box?

Anyone notice the "Heroes of the Rebellion" logo up next to the Sideshow and Lucasfilm logos -- upper right.

So is this part of the Sideshow line-up? How can they use Heroes of the Rebellion?

Yeah, this was caught by Puay back when the SDCC pics hit.

The Medicom RAH droids didn't have the SSC logo or that Heroes label, so it means these are somehow a part of the actual SSC line.

The question was posed back during SDCC - are these "the" SSC droids we have been teased about for ages? Why would SSC release these under the Heroes label then release another set of their own within a year or so within the same line?

There's so many questions relating to these figures that it's a bit numbing.

Very interesting point, swsqueakquels. Hadn't noticed that at all... so this actually could be a dual SSC/Bondai release and SSC will never bother making their own droids. Seems kind of odd given how far the packaging, diecast metal parts and the likely price point (starting to think these guys may be $300.00 instead of $200.00... which is very, very difficult to justify spending -- just basing this off of Medicom's ridiculous prices) deviates from the rest of Sideshow's Star Wars 1:6 line. Looking forward to more information.

Last edited:

I couldn't wait for SS anymore so I PO'd the Medi droids. At around 200 a piece for out-of-scale figures, I'm wondering if around 300 a piece simply for (hopefully) the correct scale is the better option. Looking at these pics I also prefer the paint and material finish on Medi's R2.

If it turns out that these are SSC Heroes of the Rebellion, isn't that just a but crappy of SS to outsource two of the most iconic SW characters to an expensive manufacturer?

I thought SS was just getting into droids with Grievous and IG-88 and battle droids...

This Bandai thing is just peculiar.

if they are associated with SSC,then these are no different then Bespin luke,just that SSC havent made these before.Would be good to get specs soon or sideshow answers.

Yeah, this was caught by Puay back when the SDCC pics hit.

The Medicom RAH droids didn't have the SSC logo or that Heroes label, so it means these are somehow a part of the actual SSC line.

The question was posed back during SDCC - are these "the" SSC droids we have been teased about for ages? Why would SSC release these under the Heroes label then release another set of their own within a year or so within the same line?

There's so many questions relating to these figures that it's a bit numbing.

I want answers!

NOW :gah:

I think both 3PO and R2 look incredible but then I think about the company making them. Bandai. Who makes better robots than Bandai? I have numerous Perfect Grade Gundams and other kits/figures including Soul of Chogokin. If any company is going to make the Droids I'm looking for it's Bandai.

It looks like Bandai is going head first into the 1/6 market. Can't wait to see the results.

The Droids look really great. But I'm curious to see their accuracy too.

Also their articulation.If they aren't well articulated,it's cheaper to track down an old Kaiyodo kit and work on it a bit...PS

The new Bandai 12" line has another robot figure with LED features coming out in December for OVER $300 so you can pretty much expect that price range for R2D2 and C3PO.

I looked around for info on the figures, in these first two photos you can see it states:
- first ever elbow articulation
- LED eyes
-6/13ths of the figure is diecast metal
- the last sentence on the bottom left behind C3PO says something like first figure to feature something correct on back of knee joints??!

You can also see on the base that it has some electronic switches or something at the back (more visible in photos previously posted).
100734xpsuskgskfu86cfg.jpg

100737r5s442nk7x2k1ky5.jpg

Looks like the release date is 2013:
424233_4552570855922_1603836962_n.jpg

From what I read this is some sort of collaboration with Sideshow, though nothing clearly stated, maybe it's something to do with licensing Star Wars in 1/6 Scale? Similar to Hot Toys/Sideshow Star Wars and Indiana Jones collaboration. Perhaps they will be US distributors for these?

video of the figure:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuKJp2BgzOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Looks damn good... but I've heard some crazy high numbers attatched to these releases. If it's above $300 (which sounds likely) I'll be out. These are the droids I want, but I don't want them $600 bad.

Damn it, these better not to the "Sideshow" figures we have been waiting years for. I can't spend $300 a piece.

Back