takara batman begins again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post a pic here? The network tends to block shopping sites or pics taken from them that aren't loaded on like imageshack.

Can someone post a pic here? The network tends to block shopping sites or pics taken from them that aren't loaded on like imageshack.

It's simply a rerelease. The figure, box and accessories are all the same as before according to the pictures on that link.

You know it's life, you can spend $70 on a Sideshow figure and see it for $30 down the road on eBay, or a Hasbro figure for $.99 when it was $7 on release. The bottom line is being comfortable with what you spend regardless of whether it could be cheaper later. I was never comfy with paying over $200 for this, so I moved on, but with this news, I'm fine with $150, it comes loaded with things, a nice Bale portrait, looks great all around to me.

I've never liked being a first purchaser to anything--figures included. Look at the iPhone people who waited in line and got screwed out of $200. If had a Takara Bats, I'd be selling that thing on eBay NOW--before word hits of a rerelease.

I have the Hot Toys Batman, which at a cracked gauntlet when I got it... Let it slide... Silly boy! But I always loved the Takara one more... So this is an intriguing development. But I'm really trying to cut make so I might wave this on again...

See I'm not sure, what I want to do... I'm think of Selling the HT one for the Takara one. But I have heard that the HT prototype for The Dark Knight version is something to wait for. I heard it's awesome. Well, so says a poster at OSW Forum...

They're looking for the picture they saw of it at the moment... Finger-crossed.

I too am happy with the HT version... I think the Takara has the better profile, but he has an odd build and the armor doesn't look as nice. Too bad you can't blend the best parts of each, you'd really have a sweetass figure :rock

I too am happy with the HT version... I think the Takara has the better profile, but he has an odd build and the armor doesn't look as nice. Too bad you can't blend the best parts of each, you'd really have a sweetass figure :rock

I was originally going to buy the Takara version, use the body and heads and just put the Hot Toys suit and gear on it, but at the time I couldn't afford it. Looks like I'll get another chance to test it out.:D

I was originally going to buy the Takara version, use the body and heads and just put the Hot Toys suit and gear on it, but at the time I couldn't afford it. Looks like I'll get another chance to test it out.:D

Let us know what happens when you destroy two great figures.

First time the figure came around I had to wipe my eyes twice. A 300.00 figure that isn't Bruce Lee! So I passed, now with the price basically being cut in half I am really going to have to prioritze what I get next year.
From what we have seen in the past month, from Appleseed to the Return of the Hot Toys Superman, to Obi-Wan and Leia and now the Beginning of a new run of Batman figures 2008 will be the year for 1/6 collectors.

2008 might be the best year in terms of licensed 12" fgures ever. These companies are reaching new heights that I personally never thought were possible.

Farewell to the cash and hello to Ramen Noodles!

First time the figure came around I had to wipe my eyes twice. A 300.00 figure that isn't Bruce Lee! So I passed, now with the price basically being cut in half I am really going to have to prioritze what I get next year.

uhhh Takara Batman has always been retail $150.

I really wanted to get one of these when they were originally released but had no funds. Maybe I will pick it up 2nd time around.

But I would rather have a Hot Toys one I think. There is something about the HT version I like better.

I'm definitely picking this up after missing it the first time! And now after watching them film the Dark Knight in Chicago this past summer, I am just too excited for words!!:D

Back