T2 Pescadero Scene recreation featuring HT DX10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailed the poses (for every character, especially the T-800 running towards the elevator taking hits in the back) and the lighting.

Love the inclusion of the NECA blow away split T-1000 head and I never noticed the glass damage from the window on the floor.

Don't like the DX 10's eyes, looks like a wide eyed gorilla, the neck seam when looking up didn't look as nice as the MMS 117 looking up towards the elevator shaft in the low lit lighting. That had a better natural neck and seam too.

Need John Connor.

Wish I had this diorama and the lights. Great work, I can tell the time and effort that went into it, it definitely paid off.

Last edited:
Nailed the poses (for every character, especially the T-800 running towards the elevator taking hits in the back) and the lighting.

I wasn't even going to include a pic of that. Because I don't have the full width of the corridor I had to change the angle a bit. But it worked in the end.

Love the inclusion of the blow away split T-1000 head and I never noticed the glass damage from the window on the floor.

Another bit I wasn't going to include because we don't have that head from Hot Toys, but since I was putting in everything else I thought I'd try the NECA and I think I did an OK job of making it look like its the same size.

Don't like the DX 10's eyes, looks like a wide eyed gorilla, the neck seam when looking up didn't look as nice as the MMS 117 looking up towards the elevator shaft in the low lit lighting. That had a better natural neck and seam too..

Thats a pity, I was hoping I could sell people on the eyes. I found the PERS extremely useful on this. I would have liked had they made one of his eyes a bit more squinty like how Arnie looks oftentimes in the movie. And yeah you're right about the neck seams - awful. Again - I wish HT would have gone with an all-in-one head and neck. There certainly are some angles that are better with the MMS117 headsculpt - from behind certainly and in fact one of my shots is of the back of MMS117's head looking up at the ceiling.

WOW!

One of the best 1/6 pic sets ever! Seriously.

Now I gotta do something like that with TDK interrogation scene :panic: :panic: :panic:

You totally have to do that :lecture

I wasn't even going to include a pic of that. Because I don't have the full width of the corridor I had to change the angle a bit. But it worked in the end.

Yeah, my mind completely disregards the inaccuracy of the length of the hall way when you nail the poses.

The way his arms are posed up with the shot gun sell it and it looks just like it's from the film.

Same with alot of the shots you have of the T-1000 running with his legs splayed. That's exactly how Robert Patrick ran in a full sprint.

Another bit I wasn't going to include because we don't have that head from Hot Toys, but since I was putting in everything else I thought I'd try the NECA and I think I did an OK job of making it look like its the same size.

It doesn't look out of place at all. You matched it up perfectly and I can't even tell that it's a smaller figure. The only thing that throws it off is the little seam line on the bottom of the neck. Other than that? Fantastic.

Glad you kept it. It's a nice little trick, just like what Stan Winston and Co. would do for the film.

Thats a pity, I was hoping I could sell people on the eyes. I found the PERS extremely useful on this. I would have liked had they made one of his eyes a bit more squinty like how Arnie looks oftentimes in the movie. And yeah you're right about the neck seams - awful. Again - I wish HT would have gone with an all-in-one head and neck. There certainly are some angles that are better with the MMS117 headsculpt - from behind certainly and in fact one of my shots is of the back of MMS117's head looking up at the ceiling.

Yeah, it's just way too wide eyed for my tastes. There's that shot that you made, I'll have to find it, where you used the MMS 117 looking on with Sarah as the T-1000 is coming through the bars right after he lifts her up. You sold the look and the MMS 117 looked more convincing than the DX 10 did in the same exact set up. The MMS 117 has rough ass features, but in the lighting in your diorama scene recreation, it looks great in some of the dramatic set ups, especially in the elevator section trying to shoot at the T-1000. It's that brow shadow lighting that sells it that the DX 10 really can't achieve. There's always that bit of light reflecting off the in set eyes.

Then yeah, of course the neck.

But one thing is, you can't sell that glare he gives the pescadero employee after she hits him with her cast without PERS. That's probably the best utilization of the gimmick. Too bad he looks so wide eyed though and not grim.

Yeah, it's just way too wide eyed for my tastes. There's that shot that you made, I'll have to find it, where you used the MMS 117 looking on with Sarah as the T-1000 is coming through the bars right after he lifts her up. You sold the look and the MMS 117 looked more convincing than the DX 10 did in the same exact set up. The MMS 117 has rough ass features, but in the lighting in your diorama scene recreation, it looks great in some of the dramatic set ups, especially in the elevator section trying to shoot at the T-1000. It's that brow shadow lighting that sells it that the DX 10 really can't.

Hmmm. Well I have to disagree there, not about him being too wide-eyed but about the MMS117 looking better for that particular part. I did new shots with the MMS117 in exactly the same posing and lighting which I will post in the comparison thread and, well for me personally, DX10 beats it easily.

But one thing is, you can't sell that glare he gives the pescadero employee after she hits him with her cast without PERS. That's probably the best utilization of the gimmick. Too bad he looks so wide eyed though and not grim.

Upon studying that shot in the film all DX10 needs is a slightly more furrowed 'angry' looking brow to really nail it. And if I could have gotten the lighting better would help too. I wasn't able to match the lighting to the film in every shot, in some cases I just had to pick what I thought worked best for the sculpt.

AMAZING WORK JAMES A-DEV CAMMERON could here everything from the movie going with all the pic's ...Come with me if want to live... We got to go NOW! cinematic music GUNFIRE ! What the F IS GOIN ON? BOOM! GUNFIRE ! GET DOWN ! AMAZING WORK again A-DEV....:clap:clap:clap That was some pretty damn cool shooting...

Oh yeah, speaking of which, the accompanying music was a clever idea as well. I love how you included that as we scrolled down and viewed the pics.

I put the music with the pics and synced them up in my head.

Sort of want to see how they'd play out in a video presentation on youtube with the slides matching the music. It'd be sweet, panning from this to that, the sequence, T-1000 specific glare with the music. It could work and be super easy to do. Almost like a glorified story board with a soundtrack, but better, just short of stop motion.

Similar to this, just more complicated and involved.

[ame]https://youtu.be/wXF-mPsuShc[/ame]

Are you planning on bashing or commissioning a John Connor a-dev?

Thanks a lot lads. Your comments have made my day!

Are you planning on bashing or commissioning a John Connor a-dev?

When the line appears to be done and its clear he isn't being made I probably will actively pursue customisers etc In the meantime though theres just too much other stuff I want.

I still think we'll possibly see the day of "small" sized True Types once the Devito Penguin rolls out.

Then maybe some hobbits . . . then John Connor.

Hot Toys helped develop the bodies for Sideshow for Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee right? We can dream, especially since the BD T2 finally came into fruition.

Linda Hamilton's ta-ta's are huge...but other than that what an amazing job! Any more plans to do other scenes? I imagine the steel mill will be a blast foor you to do once we get the BD T-800...

mind-blowing A-dev, mind-blowing..amazing
so you have reached to mod you head...at all
you can increase the wrinckles with the way I wrote..

Last edited:
a-dev that diorama is simply amazing, loved your fantastic photo shoot
matching the scenes very nicely! I agree we need John Connor to be protected and hunted!

Last edited:
Back