Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing stories are masterpiece-level writing, but he didn't draw any part of the book. He was lucky to be paired with Totleben and Bissette--two artists that did an amazing job putting his stories on the page. If Sideshow's is based on Totleben and Bissette's art, then it will be an easy sell for them because a lot of people have been waiting for a larger scale piece based on their art.

Not a fan of the character but it's an inspiring choice. Gives me hope we'll see a Martian Manhunter PF someday.

The second Maquette they have teased on my will buy list. Now, I wonder if this is far enough along to be at the Con next week? Preview night can't come fast enough.

The second Maquette they have teased on my will buy list. Now, I wonder if this is far enough along to be at the Con next week? Preview night can't come fast enough.

My guess is "yes" because they said on the preview page that the preorder is coming soon. I may be optimistic but when I hear that, I think sometime in the next 2-4 weeks.

Every online comic con statue announcement will be at comic con.

SSC is usually good with big creatures that have a lot of intricate details. It should look quite impressive.

Every online comic con statue announcement will be at comic con.

This is why I passed on Thanos. I knew there would be con pieces I would want more, and if I tied my hands with a $1200 piece that while excellent, was not that high on my list of characters, it would come back to bite me.

This is a good time to be a Swamp Thing fan. I'm predicting P1/SS will have some trouble moving these pieces...but I'm getting ONE of them 100%.

I really think John Totleben's work is one of the best the industry ever had and with Moore's stories, this character was one that had no right to be as outstandingly rendered as it was. It just screamed tongue-in-cheek but ended up being such an incredibly memorable, haunting character. I just can't voice my adoration of this character enough. I'm SUUUUPER stoked for this peice. But I'm also WORRIED that this piece, given the amount of texturing that'll be necessary and complex paints that this piece will be plagued with production problems. That's my prediction...But man, I'm STOKED!

I can't emphasize enough how happy I am that we're getting 2 statues of one of my favorite characters ever. I might end up buying both. And I agree, how DC hasn't made an Absolute or Omnibus edition of some of the classic work is beyond me.

As a kid I loved Swamp Thing. I even re-watched the movie a few months ago and still enjoyed it. BUT, for my collection I try to stick with horror or villains, and I'm going to have to try and justify Swamp Thing. I'm sure if he looks good enough, I'll figure something out and get him. lol

As a kid I loved Swamp Thing. I even re-watched the movie a few months ago and still enjoyed it. BUT, for my collection I try to stick with horror or villains, and I'm going to have to try and justify Swamp Thing. I'm sure if he looks good enough, I'll figure something out and get him. lol

I would classify him as a horror-ish character. Boom. Justified purchase.

Back