Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad we're getting Swamp Thing before characters like Nightwing, Flash, Starfire, Robin, Martian Manhunter etc etc :slap

While I would def. buy Nightwing or Starfire before I would buy Swamp Thing, I just want them putting out pieces that are top notch!

Swamp Thing could be a masterpiece, but it could also come out half assed like Deathstroker.

I was having a nice run NOT BUYING/PREORDERING any SS statues. Then they had to come out with this and a new Iron Man. The Swamp Thing movie was so cool when I was a kid. Hopefully this will be a must have for nostalgia reasons.

I'm only curious about this if he will be in a swamp with water and if they are influenced by Bernie Wrightson. It will have to be an amazing sculpt for me to get it.

19955043_289745048101856_5583637602843492352_n.jpg

Handsculpted! Awesome. While I have nothing against Digital Sculpts (I own and have a few on order), to me a statue molded from a handsculpted prototype still has this great feeling that you own an actual replica of an artist's physical work.

Pretty sure all maquettes have been 1/4th except maybe Galactus and Sentinel, but that has to do with their size in general.

IRON MAN MARK I maquette is way bigger than 1/4, but that piece is ALMOST 10 years OLD. This looks roughly 1/4 scale from the arm photo, but Swampy has varied greatly in size over the years.

Didn't they say in one of the SideShow Live episodes that one of the statues to be displayed in SDCC this week will not be painted in time? They'll still display it, but it will not be fully painted.

Ah! ...doesn't matter. As long as I get to see them, it'll be fine.

Back