Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hulksmashed is right- I think it would be better for him to make an apperance through somekind of vessel. But still A great idea. I want another season. prefferably one without the brothers fighting against eachother in the end. I want it to end with them doing what they started in season 1. fighting the good fight. side by side :rock

Yeah same here and i'm sure it's the same for every Supernatural fan. :rock

It's great to see this thread come to life again! :banana :lol

So there are two themes that the show could follow and it won't be clear until the end which they are going for.

1. It could play out like like an Oedipus tragedy in which you find out that every desicion that the brothers made in order to avoid thier fate, actually pushed them into it. Essentially the theme being, you can't fight destiny. This was alluded two by Michael, as well as Cupid telling the brothers thier parents love was arranged by Heaven.

2. It could also play out that human beings can create their own destiny. That our greatest strength is free will, and it's our choices that define who we are. This is essentially the embodiment of Sam and Dean's character (or what they believe thier character to be). We see that Dean may be waivering on this point, however when he asks heaven for help.

While both are possible, I would say option 2 is more likely. Everything seems too pre-destined right now, and the angels sure paint a pretty picture in terms of not being able to fight destiny. If that's the case though, then why would the Angels be gunning so hard and pushing so hard against Dean. If everything arranged by heaven plays out regardles...then they should be able to stand idly by and just watch. It's the Angel's insecurities that lead me to believe Sam and Dean have options, and another way out.

CW has renewed Supernatural for another season (I am happy because I love the show!) but it should be interesting to see what happens since they only wanted to do five seasons...

THE CW ANNOUNCES EARLY PICKUPS FOR FIVE SERIES

Freshman Hit “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “ America ’s Next Top Model” To Return Next Season

February 16, 2010 (Burbank, California) ─ The CW Network has given early pickups to five series for next season, including four signature dramas and the reality hit AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL. All five shows will return in Fall 2010.

The series receiving early renewals include this season’s breakout hit THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, The CW’s most-watched show (4.6 million viewers) and the network’s number one show among adults 18-34 (2.5/8). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES premiere generated the largest audience in network history for a series debut (5.7 million total viewers). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES has improved The CW’s performance Thursday at 8:00 p.m. by 114% among women 18-34 this season. The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.

Also given early pickups for next season are The CW’s Monday night sensation GOSSIP GIRL, which is The CW’s number one show among its target demographic of women 18-34, and Tuesday’s trend-setting drama, 90210, which sees some of TV’s largest percent increases from DVR playback, nearly doubling its women 18-34 live-only ratings once live+7 data is included. Wednesday anchor AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL will also be back for cycles 15 and 16 with superstar Tyra Banks and new groups of aspiring models. TOP MODEL continues to rank second in the competitive Wednesday 8:00 p.m. hour among young women 18-34 (3.4/10).

Edit: Just found this article.

Ausiello: Supernatural’s Eric Kripke Won’t Be Showrunner for Season 6

Posted on 16 February 2010 by Robert Seidman

According to Michael Ausiello, Supernatural creator and showrunner Eric Kripke will be stepping down as the day-to-day showrunner for the recently announced sixth season of the series. Sera Gamble who has been with the show since its first season is in line to succeed him. But Ausiello’s sources tell him that Kripke will be back in some role and that both he and co-showrunner Robert Singer will continue to be very hands on executive producers.

Ausiello says that Kripke is negotiating a new deal with Warner Bros that will feature a development deal.

Last edited:
I think we need the boys to do their thing,kill some monsters.It's apparent that they won't be able to kill Lucifer on their own or without killing each other,and I think God should be involved somehow,so keep Lucifer and Cas' search for God as underlying themes until the big finale,while Sam and Dean hunt more Urban Legends on the open road.

i'm glad they kept it going. personally i think this season isn't very good and i'd hate to have the show end after a bad season. season 4 is still one of the best. hopefully they resolve everything at the end of this season and can start a fresh story arc in the 6th season and keep it going for a couple more years.

i'm glad they kept it going. personally i think this season isn't very good and i'd hate to have the show end after a bad season. season 4 is still one of the best. hopefully they resolve everything at the end of this season and can start a fresh story arc in the 6th season and keep it going for a couple more years.

I agree that seaons 4 is probably the best so far...but this season is pretty darn good IMO! I wouldnt say its "bad", especially until I see how it ends.

Im glad its gong to be picked up for a 6th season I just hope they keep the same vibe of the show without Kripke there.

Yeah same here as soon as i saw no Kripke i thought oh no please don't go downhill from here.

well he'll still be executive producer and his own people will be taking over. it's not like they are bringing in fresh outside help to totally take over the show.

well he'll still be executive producer and his own people will be taking over. it's not like they are bringing in fresh outside help to totally take over the show.

Yeah that's true so should still be pretty much the same. I'm so happy we will be getting more i was dreading the end of this show.

Great episode and I'm glad they didn't just spend one episode on a horseman. Glad they didn't just kill off Death as they will probably leave him towards the end. Next week's episode looks amazing.

Great episode, at least we know now who put Sam/Dean on that plane. Zachariah really is a giant ____, can't wait to see him get his. TOTALLY wasn't expecting to see Ash again, that guy was always AWESOME !!!!! Great episode.

Well, again, another great episode. Hilarious to see Cass all spaced out, wish we could have seen his interaction with the townspeople though. Had to remind myself who the chick was to Dean at the end, :lol

And sadly, it looks like poor ole Dean is going to say "yes" :monkey2

Back