Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel

It is a lovely figure as it stands, I like the soft almost retro look to it. It's exactly the kind of figure I would have loved to have had (if they'd had the technology) when I was a kid, and since in some ways I am stll one., I've kept one untouched just because of this.
I'm hoping the Lex luthor is as useful and adaptale as these last two, as I'm planning a double buy there too.
Cant wait to see better pics, hopefully toyfare will bring us some!

https://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/superman-the-movie-6-figures anyone seen these guys ,im pretty sure they are fan made customs ,i dont see mattel useing dcd gary frank head for superman but pretty good id say ,i would hope that mattel would use a more reeves like body shape and better details on the belt boots and capes than this but lex and otis are teriffic ,as is the presetation back drop base type setting ,i dont know what do you guys think ,

i just checked where i found
the link ,mego meusem forum ,new toys section and its saying ,It's cool, but it looks like they're fake. I think AFI removed the post.:slap
sorry guys im not sure what to tell you ,im not that internet savy ,check my post count :),but maybee someone can back track this info and find the video cheers chris

OTISBERG......

GeneHackmanLuthor.jpg

Good accessories and clothes but doesn't look like Hackman at all.

Nice photo of Lex. Definitely be getting him, at least one. I think, like Reeves, a good paint job will help this a long way. I can see Hackman there, in the cheeks and mouth area. They have to do something with how they do the eyes and brows, their figures looks so dead and expressionless.

i wonder what would have happened to this Superman figure if Mattel had just gone and used Erick Sosa's reeve sculpt (distributed by Fenix) in the first place.

I like it, I can see Hackman, its the paint apps that let it down, just like the others. Well, pop this on a truetype and polish the detail and we'll have another great figure here I think.
The buttons are way too big, but thats nothing that cant be sorted.

i just checked where i found
the link ,mego meusem forum ,new toys section and its saying ,It's cool, but it looks like they're fake. I think AFI removed the post.:slap
sorry guys im not sure what to tell you ,im not that internet savy ,check my post count :),but maybee someone can back track this info and find the video cheers chris

ok i checked back to the mego thread and found this https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=26807 They also posted this after they removed it, in the thread you are talking about:

"We didn't post is as gospel or anything. They seemed dodgy and we said so. It came in at 3:00am I was a little punchy after a day on my feet."
this lex looks a lot like the one in the video thats now removed ,the white paint in the check pattern was added and looked a lot like the 12 inch mattel upcomeing lex ,,the guy who made these figure is called jon he used to hang out on froosh ,i got a chris reeve superman from him clark and evil superman ,they were dc superheroes with the origmal faces carved by hand into a reeves likeness ,pretty cool really ,ill take a look and see if ive still got them
I mean, I'd love to see them produced, but I think what was posted was custom figures

^The day Luthor is released they will be offering Reeve and Zod. I think the release date is in August.

They're reportedly re-releasing Zod and Superman in July when Lex goes on sale on mattycollector.com.

^The day Luthor is released they will be offering Reeve and Zod. I think the release date is in August.

They're reportedly re-releasing Zod and Superman in July when Lex goes on sale on mattycollector.com.

Release for Luthor says spring 2011 on the website. Did they change it to summer 2011?

but thanks for the info! that is great news indeed!:yess:

^^AWESOME! really glad to hear that! :rock! have to put aside $200 so I can get all three! :rock

and I guess July is technically still spring until the 21st

ok i checked back to the mego thread and found this https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=26807 They also posted this after they removed it, in the thread you are talking about:

"We didn't post is as gospel or anything. They seemed dodgy and we said so. It came in at 3:00am I was a little punchy after a day on my feet."
this lex looks a lot like the one in the video thats now removed ,the white paint in the check pattern was added and looked a lot like the 12 inch mattel upcomeing lex ,,the guy who made these figure is called jon he used to hang out on froosh ,i got a chris reeve superman from him clark and evil superman ,they were dc superheroes with the origmal faces carved by hand into a reeves likeness ,pretty cool really ,ill take a look and see if ive still got them
I mean, I'd love to see them produced, but I think what was posted was custom figures

DSC06035.jpg
DSC06030.jpg
DSC06033.jpg
they run me around $45 each,if any ones interested in owning these figure please let me know cheers chris

Please, does anybody know how to remove the head from matty´s supes without breaking it?

Please, does anybody know how to remove the head from matty´s supes without breaking it?

Heat up a cup of hot water in the Microwave for a minute or two and dip the head in the water for about 30 seconds. The head will pop off easily (I did this with Zod, so I know it will work).

If the HT is a grand slam, then I'll jump on it. Otherwise, I'm happy with this figure. Mattel did an admirable job for $60.00.

After all, I've got another Bat-movie to save up for...

Back