Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel

I definitely think this figure is better than most give it credit for considering it was 60 bucks, a steal in the modern 1/6th scale market.

I experimented with a few bodies. Posted the results in here somewhere. Start on page 52.

Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Since these photos have been buried under a ton of custom shots, I thought it might be nice to review how good the stock figure actually looks.
I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread, but it is getting a bit custom-heavy. If you guys aren't modifying the Mattel figure somehow, let's try to keep custom Superman discussions to a thread dedicated to such. Folks coming to this thread looking for discussions on the Mattel figures should be able to do so without wading through pages of off-topic posts. Thanks.

Some great customs all the way around, by the way.

It is not photoshop, it´s only that I did not matched the colors of the head and the nck yet (i´m working on it), I´ll take more pics when I´m back home and will put them in here. Thanks.

I look forward to seeing the new pics. This has the potential to be the best Reeve custom I've ever seen.

Maybe we should have a Custom Superman thread. We have all the resources and materials available to show off good customs. At the rate Hot Toys is going we won't see any good pics of their piece until SDCC 2011.

Alright, I created a new thread for custom Superman discussions here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91589

I moved several posts from this thread there starting around mid-February, as that seemed to be the point where this thread became really custom-focused. If you want to show some mods to the Mattel figure, feel free to continue that discussion here. But if you are doing an extensive customization or want to discuss customs exclusively, please try to keep to the other thread so folks who want to discuss the Mattel figures can do so here. Thanks.

Just thought I'd let you guys know Matty's site has been updatedwith news that Zod and Superman will be re-released on April 15th! I know many of you have gotten them already but this is great news for ppl like me who missed out. No word on if Luthor will be released on the same date.

All 3 are being released on april 15th. I'm wondering if I should get a third Superman figure but I'll be buying luthor, fer sure!

Last edited:

Photos of Lex Luthor Gene Hackman from Matty Collector

R6251_fullsizeimage01.jpg

DSC_2005_fullsizeimage02.jpg

R6251_fullsizeimage03.jpg

R6251_fullsizeimage04.jpg

R6251_fullsizeimage07.jpg

OTISBURG..... OTISBURG

Last edited:

i love the look of these figures! the box design is just great even if it isnt collector friendly. As for Lex, he looks to fit in right with the others. I don't know why, but I love the fact that he comes with a watch :lol

Hey guys just thought I'd share this pic of Lex and Superman my brother took while at WonderCon. It was with his cellphone so I apologize for the picture quality but just thought it was pretty cool.

c4eb851a.jpg

Wow, Mattel really put some work into that Lex Luthor. I'm impressed.

I didn't buy Superman or Zod, but hell if they come back up along with Luthor on the 15th, I just might. I love that Costa del Lex plate.

The presentation, accessories and the figures overall seem very well done.

Back