Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Did you also pad the boots area? I like that sleek, full look much better.

Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Did you also pad the boots area? I like that sleek, full look much better.

yes ,well i put a old captain action body suit with thin foam rubber in the mid section and thats it ,it really dosnt take much to fix him up
DSCN1375.jpg
DSCN1376.jpg
i got the fenix sculpt to day ,thanks man ,it beatiful sculpt and super clean casting ,but its a little smaller than i expected ,i think it would be a great replacement for mattels .id put it on but my drill burned out befor i got the hole big enough ,side by side they are simalar size wise and in truth you can tell they are the same guy ,i think mattels is better than it looks and with new paint and sitting taller on the neck post would look much better ,i love this figure more and more the more i mess about with him ,

Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel

hi just asking ,if anyone has a pair of mattel boots for sale ,please let me know cheers chris

This is a very nice figure, and very cheap. Not like any Hot Toys but still one nice figure to have, I believe.
picture.php

I love mine. One of the best pic ups I ever had. I own both Stamp Zod and Reeve Superman and can't wait for The Hackman Luthor..

check this out,it's a custom mattel superman,i think the repaint is nice but he replaced the boots with german jack boots painted red? superman with heels?they look horrible,the original boots are much nicer and also i think the price is rediculous.I do like the repaint tho.

The Paint apps are basic, but it has improved the look. But your right, those boots are awful, truly awful.

I decided to pass on it and get the hot toys version 1 superman from superman returns. For what this one cost I don't see anything to complain about on this one especially because it doesn't run at $100 +. I just know I would still be wanting a hot toys version if I got it so decided to skip it. If the Chris Reeve version is really good I may end up getting thaat one as well.

i mean the overall re-work painted head is a plus but If he would have left the original mattel boots on it would of been a nice improvement but those boots just kill it,German jack boots with heels? Dont know what kind of movie accuracy he was trying to get with jack boots,the original mattel outfit in my opinion is awsome asside from a slightly darker blue as to the origian movie color it's great and with a really nice repaint its just that much better,i take back what i had said before about it being a crappy figure,all it needs is a little help,a good repaint makes all the difference,I do still think the body they used is a tad on the muscular side but the face accuracy as we all know is really what makes a character come to life.

I like the figure just fine as it is.

Many of us are going to get the Hot toys version for sure, so this mattel version works not only as a "caricaturized" version of Reeve but also as a figure of Superman "himself". I like it.

I agree. It's as if some people are unwilling to accept that Mattel may actually have produced something worthwhile at a reasonable price.

In this case the repaint is of marginal improvement, if any, but the jackboots? What a joke. And a buy now price of 250 USD? Honestly.

However I still believe there is an excellent sculpt there which deserves a first class repaint. Sadly I haven't seen one yet.

I Bought 2, For Custom and to keep, will be repainting its head soon, to get it to the same look as my zod.
But otherwise I like it fine too.

check this out,it's a custom mattel superman,i think the repaint is nice but he replaced the boots with german jack boots painted red? superman with heels?they look horrible,the original boots are much nicer and also i think the price is rediculous.I do like the repaint tho.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-Chris...544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3364fd1860

He may of gotten the idea from Les' superman be b/c as I recall, when Les did his superman, he had it with heeled boots and he may of gotten the idea from that? :dunno

^ this.

i enjoy seeing all the customs people have done as well but for $60 i'm fine with mine the way it is. when i ordered mine i knew it was going to be a somewhat glorified toy and nothing that would really be comparable to something sideshow or hot toys does.

Back