Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar with US networks since here in Mexico shows are re-transmitted in different channels, is CBS like CW? How will that dictate the tone and quality of the show? Because CW completely nailed the Flash, hell, even NBC's Constantine was freaking fantastic.

CBS is responsible for Wonder Woman, Incredible Hulk, and The Six Million Dollar Man, but that was back in the 70's. Now CBS has shows like NCIS and CSI. The CW demographic seems to be teens, which explains why Flash feels like a teen drama (imo), like Smallville. I would say CBS is different...maybe closer to NBC.

They are sister channels. So pretty much close to CW. It's theoretically possible to have Supergirl cross over with CW heroes.
So I've heard, I hope that happens, I wonder how they'll do it if Superman supposedly already exists in Supergirl's continuity.

CBS is responsible for Wonder Woman, Incredible Hulk, and The Six Million Dollar Man, but that was back in the 70's. Now CBS has shows like NCIS and CSI. The CW demographic seems to be teens, which explains why Flash feels like a teen drama (imo), I like Smallville. I would say CBS is different...maybe closer to NBC.
They also have The Big Bang Theory right now, I didn't know it was from them, I love TBBT, but it's not a standard to measure the quality of this show.

The biggest thing they have right now is NCIS and CSI then? Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

So I've heard, I hope that happens, I wonder how they'll do it if Superman supposedly already exists in Supergirl's continuity.

They also have The Big Bang Theory right now, I didn't know it was from them, I love TBBT, but it's not a standard to measure the quality of this show.

The biggest thing they have right now is NCIS and CSI then? Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, NCIS is their bread and butter right now. They have other shows like Person of Interest, The Good Wife, Elementary, Criminal Minds and 2 broke girls. TBBT is the only CBS show that I watch.

Here is the costume:

supergirl-first-look-image-full-body.jpg

supergirl-first-look-image-headshot.jpg

Link to the Variety article:
[PHOTOS] ‘Supergirl': First Look At Melissa Benoist In CBS Superhero Costume | Variety

Looks great. Simple yet elegant. DC do good TV so I'll give this a shot

They are sister channels. So pretty much close to CW. It's theoretically possible to have Supergirl cross over with CW heroes.

So I've heard, I hope that happens, I wonder how they'll do it if Superman supposedly already exists in Supergirl's continuity

Well they've already established its in the same universe:

In addition to the news that Adler, Atwood, and Berlanti are currently toying with their variation of Supergirl’s costume, the EW article makes it clear that, unlike Fox’s Gotham, Supergirl could exist in the same universe as The Flash and Arrow – though Berlanti, nor EW, elaborate on how likely it is that we’ll actually see the three heroes share screen time.

and given how well the Flash/Arrow crossover went and that they are looking to expand their crossover options with the spin-off, I would say it's a lock that they will crossover but what they'll do with it is different.

They will have a Superman here, they've established that, but The Flash is using their plot device for metas specifically and it seems rather new in the universe, so something like Superman couldn't have been hidden. My guess is that either A: Superman's arrival will start to be background fodder in both shows just to set the timing or B: They'll simply ignore it and just have Superman never on screen or mentioned with Barry or Oliver.

Well they've already established its in the same universe:

and given how well the Flash/Arrow crossover went and that they are looking to expand their crossover options with the spin-off, I would say it's a lock that they will crossover but what they'll do with it is different.

They will have a Superman here, they've established that, but The Flash is using their plot device for metas specifically and it seems rather new in the universe, so something like Superman couldn't have been hidden. My guess is that either A: Superman's arrival will start to be background fodder in both shows just to set the timing or B: They'll simply ignore it and just have Superman never on screen or mentioned with Barry or Oliver.

Doesn't sound like a confirmation to me, all I read is that it could happen, or is there an actual confirmation of them being on the same universe?

I wouldn't mind if characters like Batman or Superman already existed and it just happens that they weren't mentioned in Flash or Arrow.

The producers have confirmed they are in the same universe, what they haven't confirmed is that they'll be any crossovers, just that the possibilities are there. I'm saying that it is good for business for them and so it'll happen but probably not right away unless ratings are dragging.

I think she looks great. Love the costume, and I like her look. She looks like a fresh-faced heroine rather than some sexed up centerfold. I approve.

Blue long sleeve shirt adds age and looks extremely tasteless with a skirt and high boots.
I know it's classic, but still blegh.

Ah, I get you, I think the tights and no yellow background on the emblem are making more boring than it needs to be, and low cut boots, perhaps even boots with laces would make it look more daring.

And, the darker blue, why the need to mute the colors? When are we getting past that?

Here is the costume:

supergirl-first-look-image-full-body.jpg

supergirl-first-look-image-headshot.jpg

I had some hope this would turn out to be a decent series until I saw these pictures.... Wow what a bad casting choice, she looks like super dork with zero sex appeal. And I hate the costume, looks really cheap... like she bought it at Toy's R Us during Halloween. This show might make it one season before getting cancelled but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets axed after a few episodes.....

Would of preferred something like this...

2989154-zzzzzzzz671.jpg

Back