Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

confirmed that there will be new alt. costumes plus all existing dlc costumes will be usable as well

8 characters isn't a paltry amount. That's a fairly large roster in and of itself. Imagine if Capcom made these available through DLC. I'd imagine they'd cost what, at least $5 (same cost as the darn costume packs). In the end, it'd cost as much or more than a standalone, non-full priced version of Super Street Fighter IV, which is what this actually is..

I've always thought that DLC is overpriced anyways. If they can get away with $5 for 4 new costumes, then for a whole new character?? Jeez, that'd be like $20.

And then there's Rock Band songs, $2 for one song. And the disc comes with 40 songs, so that's $80, right there, but the standalone only costs $60. It's a bunch of rubbish. So yeah, heck yeah, I'd rather have the disc than the DLC.

It's amazing what some sites have for information and what others don't. I wish Capcom of America would release official information on their site that is given directly from Capcom of Japan. Ironically the Capcom blog website is the last place to go for new/current information.

This website is great for current info...

https://www.eventhubs.com/

These little bread crumbs of information are annoying. I can see three things happening:

1. The game will most definitely not make the spring 2010 release date. I predict an early to mid summer release, which is fine if that means everything is as fine-tuned as possible.

2. Somewhere in these little interviews Ono is going to mention something that he would "like" to see or something that he "thinks" is being developed for the new version, but ultimately won't make the cut because of time.

3. # 2 is going to piss a lot of people off!

2. Somewhere in these little interviews Ono is going to mention something that he would "like" to see or something that he "thinks" is being developed for the new version, but ultimately won't make the cut because of time.

3. # 2 is going to piss a lot of people off!

All for the inevitable Super Street Fighter IV Turbo - or maybe it'll be called Ultra Street Fighter IV? :lol:lol:banghead:banghead

All for the inevitable Super Street Fighter IV Turbo - or maybe it'll be called Ultra Street Fighter IV? :lol:lol:banghead:banghead

Hey, that is fine with me. As big as this update is going to be I would still welcome a third update down the road. Whatever keeps the Street Fighter dream alive!

Like I said in a previous post, you can bet that Street Fighter V is many many years down the road.

for street fighter V i'd like to keep the 3D characters in the 2D backgrounds but use the Udon art style

Do you guys think SFV will release on current gen consoles or next gen (like PS4, Xbox 720...or whatever)?

I'm more interested in seeing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 before SFV.

for street fighter V i'd like to keep the 3D characters in the 2D backgrounds but use the Udon art style

Yeah, I agree here too. The backgrounds are fine, but when I first saw the faces of the SF IV characters I was a little turned off by the art style. I've gotten used to them, but they definitely looked better in SF 3 and HD Remix. I especiallly hate the way Ken looks in IV.

Do you guys think SFV will release on current gen consoles or next gen (like PS4, Xbox 720...or whatever)?

I'm more interested in seeing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 before SFV.

My guess would be no. I would also vote for no. With Street Fighter V I would like a complete graphic overhaul. With every console generation I'm always impressed with how much better they can make games look.

https://www.nomoregameblogs.com/new...r-iv-gets-price-and-release.html#entry5500871

Regardless of your feelings towards the new Street Fighter iteration coming out soon (Super Street Figther IV), there remains a large percentage of people who are quite excited for the new game. And now those people will be able to get even more excited, due to this leaked price and release date.

The good news is that the upgraded, tweaked, new characters added version of SFIV will only set you back $40. The bad news is that fans will have to wait until March 23 2010 until they will have access to the game.

They need to update Chun-Li's character pic and fix that zany thumb. :lol:lol

Yeah, her hand is god awful. Very masculine.

I wish they would change the way Ken looked in-game as well. His hair looks really dumb. ST and 3S were where he looked the best.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/F8aZDg8mRXE&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/F8aZDg8mRXE&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The japanese blog updates are really starting to get on my nerves. They haven't had any "new" info on the game in a while. Do we really care about the character select screen artwork to talk about it three updates in a row?

Come on, how about some new stage info. Some balance tweak info. How about telling us another character for crying out loud!!!

Well, the game isn't out until late March 2010, so I expect the new news to trickle out for the rest of this year.

Watching that video above just reaffirms my dislike for Juri's character design. Couldn't Capcom just ask SNK to borrow Kim Kaphwan?

Back