Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

I'll buy the new version, hopefully at a reduced price as indicated. While downloadable content would have been nice as it was rumored (I actually popped in SFIV before going to work this morning to see if a software update was available) , I'd prefer another Blu-Ray disc as my 60 gig HD is pretty much filled to capacity...

Unless they make a Super-Easy difficulty, I'm not getting it. I used to be really good at Street Fighter, mostly the Alpha games and the Vs. games, but it just didn't translate to this one, and I got worked over by the CPU and it just wasn't fun at all.

owners of both SF4 and SSF4 are supposed to be getting something extra free

Deejay, a new stage, new song, new mode and a new Trailer to be revealed this Thursday

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/csly3YrSVPQ&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/csly3YrSVPQ&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Teaser trailer:

<embed src="https://blip.tv/play/gpk2gaO7YwI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I'm looking forward to it. I don't mind paying up to $40. Better than when the Alpha and SFIII pseudo-sequels came out at full price.

I just wish Capcom didn't use the titling from the SFII days. "Super Street Fighter IV" implies there's going to be a long road of tweaked versions in the future. I'd prefer they go the SFIII route. "Street Fighter IV: Second Impact" or something like that.

i hope for player match lobbies where you can watch your friends fight, winner stays on

Wow, Juri's Ultra looks awesome! Painful!

I'm very excited for this and would happily pay full price, then again I'm a huge Street Fighter fan.

with the tweaks, I really hope they get rid of the dragon punch shortcut. It really irks me to no end.

what do you mean by that?

instead of doing F-D-DF-Punch, you can just do DF-DF-Punch to do a dragon punch. the idea was to help newbies out who've never played SF before. But the shortcut sometimes mess me up, causing me to throw out random dragon punch moves when I'm clearly not trying to do that.

Lame, why not release a beta and get feedback that way, instead of releasing a full version of the game and not even a year later be like ya from fan feedback we are changing so much you will ned to buy this updated version of the game. It's taking advantage of us and I don't like it.

Some would say it's Capcom's fashion with Street Fighter to release multiple versions of the same game, well not anymore this has to stop.

This is half disappointing/half interesting news considering I just got a PS3 this past Saturday, and my Collector's Edition of SFIV yesterday! However, as a long time SF fan, I can't say I'm surprised....

You guys do all realize (or at least deduced through induction. Yep) that if Capcom were to do these updates via DLC, they would charge us for it either way. The updates and fixes to the game mechanics might be free, but they would have made us pay for the characters.

8 characters isn't a paltry amount. That's a fairly large roster in and of itself. Imagine if Capcom made these available through DLC. I'd imagine they'd cost what, at least $5 (same cost as the darn costume packs). In the end, it'd cost as much or more than a standalone, non-full priced version of Super Street Fighter IV, which is what this actually is.

I never - in my wildest imagination - thought that any future substantial upgrades to SFIV would be free, and the way Super Street Fighter IV is being doled out to us makes sense when you consider the business end of it as well as Capcom's traditions.

It's not so bad.

Lame, why not release a beta and get feedback that way, instead of releasing a full version of the game and not even a year later be like ya from fan feedback we are changing so much you will ned to buy this updated version of the game. It's taking advantage of us and I don't like it.

Some would say it's Capcom's fashion with Street Fighter to release multiple versions of the same game, well not anymore this has to stop.

This article will end the argument...

https://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml#ext

I couldn't say it better myself!

Last edited:
Back