Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

This article will end the argument...

https://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml#ext

I couldn't say it better myself!

That is quite a rant. I agree with his points, but I don't think they are entirely original or unique in perspective. I mean, anybody can sound bigger and grander while standing on a soapbox. Yelling "you don't have to buy it" with interspersed cuss words isn't an elegant argument.

I think this console generation has spoiled many a gamer, especially the younger crowd (or new players generally) who don't know what it felt like buying a full priced game (a short one possibly) and having no options but to wait for the next short, full priced sequel. That was the 90's.

Very true about games before DLC. Or how about the pre-internet days when we had to wait 30 days at a time before we learned anything about a new or current game. Screenshots at that! Forget about gameplay videos, video reviews, forums, instant cheat codes and game guides. I remember having to pay $2.99 a minute on the phone to get "hints" on how to get past certain areas or find certain items in a game. Now that is something the newer generation would not be able to comprehend!

I miss the days of opening my mail box once a month to find a Nintendo Power, EGM, or Gamepro magazine. I'm suprised video game magazines still exist.

As far as the article is concerned I think the point is, stop complaining about something you know nothing about.

Very true about games before DLC. Or how about the pre-internet days when we had to wait 30 days at a time before we learned anything about a new or current game. Screenshots at that! Forget about gameplay videos, video reviews, forums, instant cheat codes and game guides. I remember having to pay $2.99 a minute on the phone to get "hints" on how to get past certain areas or find certain items in a game. Now that is something the newer generation would not be able to comprehend!

I miss the days of opening my mail box once a month to find a Nintendo Power, EGM, or Gamepro magazine. I'm suprised video game magazines still exist.

As far as the article is concerned I think the point is, stop complaining about something you know nothing about.

God, the pre-internet days... I remember being so excited when my gaming magazines came fo all that "new" information (like the magazine telling me that a new NES game came out a few weeks ago... lol). and I was always so tempted to call those tiplines, but knew I'd get in so much trouble when my parents saw the bill.

And yes, I did end up having my parents buy or me save up my pennies to get the different versions of Street Fighter II on my SNES. and I was ALWAYS so excited, even though the changes to the game were "miniscule."

Back in my day :lol: "THE NEW STREET FIGHTER II LETS YOU PLAY AS THE BOSSES AND HAS A SPEED OPTION? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! RADICAL!"

Now: "The new Street Fighter IV gives you 8 new characters, new online options, new ultras, as well as tweaks and balances to the original cast at a lower-than-retail price point? BS! OMG, they should give us the game for free because we're the internet generation and get everything for free off the web! Let me ^^^^^ an moan on my beloved forums because my 1337 opinion is so valued there."

:lol

Speaking of Mortal Kombat...

Lets just pray Ed Boon actually gets the new Mortal Kombat right this time!

Full length announcement trailer:

<embed src="https://blip.tv/play/gpk2gaS2bgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

God, the pre-internet days... I remember being so excited when my gaming magazines came fo all that "new" information (like the magazine telling me that a new NES game came out a few weeks ago... lol). and I was always so tempted to call those tiplines, but knew I'd get in so much trouble when my parents saw the bill.

And yes, I did end up having my parents buy or me save up my pennies to get the different versions of Street Fighter II on my SNES. and I was ALWAYS so excited, even though the changes to the game were "miniscule."

Back in my day :lol: "THE NEW STREET FIGHTER II LETS YOU PLAY AS THE BOSSES AND HAS A SPEED OPTION? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! RADICAL!"
Now: "The new Street Fighter IV gives you 8 new characters, new online options, new ultras, as well as tweaks and balances to the original cast at a lower-than-retail price point? BS! OMG, they should give us the game for free because we're the internet generation and get everything for free off the web! Let me ^^^^^ an moan on my beloved forums because my 1337 opinion is so valued there."

those were the good old days :monkey2 when games were simple and fun to play by yourself with friends coming over and drinking all your soda and eating all your chips and dip...good times good times

those were the good old days :monkey2 when games were simple and fun to play by yourself with friends coming over and drinking all your soda and eating all your chips and dip...good times good times

YES!!!!! That's EXACTLY how it played out at my house. :lol:lol:lol

This article will end the argument...

https://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml#ext

I couldn't say it better myself!

No actually, if you couldn't say it better than that yourself it makes you seem just as much as a pompous ass that that guy. Seriously? Using "STFU" as advice, that guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

He said so himself, adding 8 to ten new characters, and tweaking old ones for a more balanced gameplay is a big deal. It's so damn retarded, they should just call it SF5 then.

No actually, if you couldn't say it better than that yourself it makes you seem just as much as a pompous ass that that guy. Seriously? Using "STFU" as advice, that guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

He said so himself, adding 8 to ten new characters, and tweaking old ones for a more balanced gameplay is a big deal. It's so damn retarded, they should just call it SF5 then.

The article was meant for entertainment and shock value. I think it succeeded on both fronts, but the article did have some good points, albeit a little harsh in presentation.

Also, Capcom has always had a minimum of 3 iterations to each of their Street Fighter titles. I don't think they like changing the number in the title when the basic story is staying the same and the core play mechanics aren't different. That is a good thing too because if they called it SF V then we would be paying $60 instead of the $40 we are probably going to get charged.

Also, Capcom has always had a minimum of 3 iterations to each of their Street Fighter titles. I don't think they like changing the number in the title when the basic story is staying the same and the core play mechanics aren't different. That is a good thing too because if they called it SF V then we would be paying $60 instead of the $40 we are probably going to get charged.

Exactly. Street Fighter II, Alpha, III, and IV are all very different games.

It's funny how people are so pissed off about the update. Can you imagine the uproar if this actually WAS called Street Fighter V? Everyone would be screaming "It's not different enough! Why wasn't this called Super Street Fighter IV?"

Exactly. Street Fighter II, Alpha, III, and IV are all very different games.

It's funny how people are so pissed off about the update. Can you imagine the uproar if this actually WAS called Street Fighter V? Everyone would be screaming "It's not different enough! Why wasn't this called Super Street Fighter IV?"

I would be one of those people who would have been mad if they called it Street Fighter V! :monkey5

Yo M, is this price taking effect right now, or this weekend?

B/c everywhere I look, it still says $39.99

SFIV hits Xbox Platinum line starting Nov. 2 and will most likely be $29.99

I wonder what the suprise is going to be for those that already own SF IV when they get SSF IV?

probably alternate costumes :lol

I hope so. I actually want more alt. costumes - and more creative ones to boot (why have Honda, Akuma, and Gouken have the same huge rope-bow costume?). But maybe the SFIV disk will unlock the first set of costumes, and we'll still have to buy the second set. lol.

It'd be cool to see Killer Bee Cammy and Alpha Chun-Li alt costumes.

probably alternate costumes :lol

I hope there are more alternate costumes as well!

Shin Akuma:confused::D

is that Jerry's Akuma in your avatar?

Yep, I customized him a bit. I got rid of the cheap plastic necklace and made one out of real wood. I've never liked Shin Akuma, but I like how Jerry's Shin had the shirt off and a rope belt so I did the same for my Regular Akuma.

100_3156.jpg

It'd be cool to see Killer Bee Cammy and Alpha Chun-Li alt costumes.

Capcom should have made this Cammy's alternate the first time. :mad:

Back