Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

That character is just plain Dumb.

That character is just plain Dumb.

I agree. What a waste of a new character spot.

I have a feeling that he's going to be one of those characters that everyone will hate to play against...

I think he's pretty funny. What really matters is how he plays, which can't truly get a feel for until you actually play. So...

My first reaction to Hakan definitely was not as positive as my first reaction to Juri. What a night and day difference in character design!

Even a dumb looking character can seem cool by giving him/her a cool back story, which Hakan does NOT have.

How many versions of the tournament sticks have there been? To think people were clamoring over these at one point.

that white version is slick, placed my order for one. still think the original TE is the best looking though.

I wish I never bothered getting my TE stick. I paid 300 bucks for it cause I'm a big SF fan and bought into the idea that it looked the same as the cabinets, which I thought was cool. Since then Madcatz has spammed out version after version of these things. So annoying.

I paid $115 shipped for mine.

I wish I never bothered getting my TE stick. I paid 300 bucks for it cause I'm a big SF fan and bought into the idea that it looked the same as the cabinets, which I thought was cool. Since then Madcatz has spammed out version after version of these things. So annoying.

I'm not sure what you're upset about. So you're mad that you paid above retail prices? That it's not as rare as it once was? I don't see the problem with them releasing the stick with different art so more people can get their hands on it, because it's a quality stick and I HATE playing SFIV without it.

I would be frustrated if I had paid so much for the TE stick, but it's common availability later on was easy to predict. It's mad catz, for one.

I don't care about the price I paid, just the fact that the secondary market went through the roof with Madcatz's talk about the limitedness of the thing then they make a bunch of extra versions. Cheats the early adopters. Of course someone who picked one up later at a discount would not have a problem. The issue I have is, don't try to create a buzz saying that something is gonna be really limited, and convince people to run out and plunk down their money just so they can get one. Then a few months later just start pumping em out. If they would have said they were gonna release a few different ones from the beginning and there would be enough to go around it would have been alot better in my mind.

Last edited:

I don't care about the price I paid, just the fact that the secondary market went through the roof with Madcatz's talk about the limitedness of the thing then they make a bunch of extra versions. Cheats the early adopters. Of course someone who picked one up later at a discount would not have a problem. The issue I have is, don't try to create a buzz saying that something is gonna be really limited, and convince people to run out and plunk down their money just so they can get one. Then a few months later just start pumping em out. If they would have said they were gonna release a few different ones from the beginning and there would be enough to go around it would have been alot better in my mind.

Madcatz never said anything about the Tournament Edition being "limited". They did recognize the shortage of initial supply because of how many gamers wanted one with the SF4 craze, and made sure to announce that they were working on producing more to meet the demand.

All this "limited" talk is something that you got suckered into by sellers who were going for a profit. :)

Madcatz never said anything about the Tournament Edition being "limited". They did recognize the shortage of initial supply because of how many gamers wanted one with the SF4 craze, and made sure to announce that they were working on producing more to meet the demand.

All this "limited" talk is something that you got suckered into by sellers who were going for a profit. :)

Actually, when the Tournament Edition was first announced it was supposed to be a limited run. I think only about 4000 were going to be made, but I'll research and see if I can find a link with quote.

I don't care about the price I paid, just the fact that the secondary market went through the roof with Madcatz's talk about the limitedness of the thing then they make a bunch of extra versions. Cheats the early adopters.

I remember this pissing a lot of people off on the SRK forums.
I believe Capcom and Madcatz were unsure just how popular the T.E. sticks were going to be at first, but obviously we know how that turned out.

Last edited:

Here are two links I found. The second coming straight from a representative of Mad Catz.

https://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/Mad-Catz-Tournament-Edition-Street-Fighter-Stick-104-01.html

https://www.shoryuken.com/archive/index.php/t-181131.html
MadCatz: "This is a common misconception. It is indeed true that the original plan was to limit the manufacture of these products to a few thousand units but after it became obvious how strong the demand was, we are now doing everything possible to increase manufacture. It is our aim to ensure that every gamer who wants a Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition WILL be able to purchase one. Stores will be constantly replenished over the coming months. Though I have no issue with eBay or e-commerce in general, it saddens me that consumers are paying silly money with the belief that this will be their only opportunity to buy. Please be patient and stick with us (No pun intended!)."

Last edited:
Back