Media Super Nintendo Classic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the only game on that list that I'd play regularly is Super Mario Kart. :lol

Yeah, I may be in the minority, but the SNES had WAY too many good games. I dare say that I'm actually disappointed in the list. There's just not enough, IMO.

Ugh. I sound so horrible, but yeah, I think I'm passing. : /

Eh, I'll get a RGB cable and a real SNES instead. Probably cheaper. :lol

True there's nothing comparable to retro gaming on a crt, but price wise I don't think the SNES mini can be beat.

Once you factor in the 21 games, that's easily a $500 collection right there. Mario RPG and Super Metroid goes for around $50, the cheaper games still go for $20+.

Alternatively if you were to get a flash cart and run roms for free, the flash cart that can run Star Fox, Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island will cost $100 because of the special graphic chips inside the cartridge, so there's really no getting around it... Genuine SNES collection is pretty pricy, second only to Dreamcast.

$79 bucks for the SNES mini bundled with two minty fresh REAL Nintendo controllers is unbeatable, even a generic raspberry pi with two generic cheap controllers will cost you that much.

---

Last edited:
The n64 only had like 9 good games so that shouldn't be a problem

N64 wrestling games were the best.
I played the hell out of those. WCW Vs. NWO: World Tour ruled. My friend and I had many laughs over Hogan's finishing move in that game--a top rope leg drop that the manual called the "Big Stinky Leg Drop." Also, DDP and Macho Man looked like raging alcoholics. They frequently duked it out over the "Whiskey Championship."

Yeah, as I recall it was almost as if guys were going into convulsions when they got KO'd. Then they would start to get up, wobble, then fall back down :lol

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition has the same look and feel of the original system – only smaller – and comes pre-loaded with 21 incredible games:
• Contra III: The Alien Wars™
• Donkey Kong Country™
• EarthBound™
• Final Fantasy III
• F-ZERO™
• Kirby™ Super Star
• Kirby’s Dream Course™
• The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
• Mega Man® X
• Secret of Mana
• Star Fox™
• Star Fox™ 2
• Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
• Super Castlevania IV™
• Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
• Super Mario Kart™
• Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
• Super Mario World™
• Super Metroid™
• Super Punch-Out!! ™
• Yoshi’s Island™

Shoot if it had NBA Jam and Super Tecmo Bowl I'd have the full lineup of games that we spent hours playing in our college dorms. Nevertheless that is one impressive list.

Back