1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same factory? The one I saw is from Alabama, not China. I'm not sure we got the same bootleg but that's the only one I saw on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Was the listing you saw the one with pics of the guy holding the head by any chance? The very obviously handpainted one? That guy just does recasts as far as I can tell and is pretty much a private seller, not a bootlegging company or anything

Was the listing you saw the one with pics of the guy holding the head by any chance? The very obviously handpainted one? That guy just does recasts as far as I can tell and is pretty much a private seller, not a bootlegging company or anything
Yeah I think so. I got pointed to the Chinese bootleg one and I gotta admit, I'd buy that to save money. It's good enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words everyone here's some more pics

5208b3f38501971b4b09569234a4eb66.jpg
0cf2d4a8aed888bba5e3f603d72328e7.jpg
847b6af4a4c8f5350d2e7cb54a9c9fcf.jpg
ddb5805592e13ae1e8c23583c74d80cb.jpg
22429134014e07030ec0f303947fa4dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, they're not professionally photographed, but I bet they were done by the same guys and probably in the same factory.

You're right because that is the official HT figure in all the pics being used to sell the fake.:lol
s-l1600.jpg

Good luck getting that^.. post pix when he arrives!

Last edited:
s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Only $458 on eBay!
I hate to say it due to the evidentlylargr amount of work that was put into it, but that does NOT look good...

I'm almost always against rooted hair, but I've seen some cases where it looks fantastic. This is not one of those cases.

You're right because that is HT figure in all the pics.:lol
s-l1600.jpg

Good luck getting that^.. post pix when he arrives!

So is this the bootleg one?

Either it's a really good one... or they've just taken a photo of a Hot Toys version and you're going to get something dissimilar and fooled by a picture.

Either it's a really good one... or they've just taken a photo of a Hot Toys version and you're going to get something dissimilar and fooled by a picture.
There are bootlegs that are very similar in quality, and they also have a listing for the head on the own, so it's likely it'll look like this

Happy to be a thief then! With the companies, that makes at least two of us!:)

I paid $30 for 2 Philly's and 3 cookies last night from a mid scale restaurant and then went over to Walmart and spent $30 on 2 3.75" SW action figures. I live in Ohio where the cost of living has been on the cheaper side. My point, everything is overpriced and expensive now.

I'd be interested to see the bootleg one - I knew the previous one wasn't, I was going to say, well I sort of did, that they probably just upload Hot Toys pictures and ship something different.

I'd rather pay for Hot Toys versions, as they're better and artists have created them, not just ripped them.

To be fair we are getting "bootlegs" of this caliber:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...001681?hash=item1ea65b0491:g:eLUAAOSw5VFWMY2h

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Iron-M...28b3891&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=131640001681

And yes, those pics are of the actual item. Compared to the original there are slight imperfections as things like the eyes are printed on. People on the forums have also mentioned products like these, and if they were nothing like the images they would note that

:lol

That is the HT being used to solicit that bootleg and fwiw HT uses a printing method for the eyes as well hence why they all come out perfect. You didn't actually think they were all being hand painted from scratch by a bunch of 9 year olds?

You know, anything is possible at this point. It may end up as good, different or even better.

I own a DX 11. And I also put up one with a knockoff kit. Well, believe it or not, the KO has better tailoring. I also own an original Wolverine and a KO. The only visible difference is the sleeves are slightly longer on the KO. For the price, I can live with a slightly different product.

:lol

That is the HT being used to solicit that bootleg and fwiw HT uses a printing method for the eyes as well hence why they all come out perfect. You didn't actually think they were all being hand painted from scratch by a bunch of 9 year olds?

You're wrong! The kids are actually 5, kept in cages and fed every three days. At the end of the paint session, they're fed to the new ones!:lecture

[emoji38]

I know you're joking, but do ht legit use child labour? I was always under the impression they were being painted by a bunch of hand picked artists

I seriously doubt these are painted by children - it takes years to learn how to paint like that. It's easier to higher someone who has that years of experience rather than training a bunch of children from the ground up to paint a couple hundred pound headsculpt.

In terms of bootlegs - ehhh, a bit iffy on it. i personally don't like it, for many reasons. However, in the end you're paying for a replica, that simply won't be as good (not saying it can't be near), so it's of your own accord to do it, especially if you don't care about the original artists.

People are seemingly forgetting now that these sculpts by Hot Toys are sculpted by an artist and painted, they're mot art pieces than they are just a toy or doll, and I assume why so many people pay a lot and why so many people buy them.

I know you're joking, but do ht legit use child labour? I was always under the impression they were being painted by a bunch of hand picked artists

The eyes are printed. Don't ask me how because i don't think anybody knows. I'd imagine some touch up work is done by hand somewhere.

There have been theories over the years but the truth is nobody knows how much actual hand work goes into a HT figure other than the obvious. Clothing and packaging,*assembly), maybe some slight fairly easy paint work such as weathering. Think about it, there is no way you could have that many talented artists painting that many eyes. It is impossible. Not to mention you would have huge variations.

As far as child labor is concerned again nobody knows for sure. However again, you can use your own judgment to determine these things. It is a huge problem in China. If they don't have a hand in our expensive dollies they do in other things we consume.

Last edited:
The eyes are printed. Don't ask me how because i don't think anybody knows. I'd imagine some touch up work is done by hand somewhere.

There have been theories over the years but the truth is nobody knows how much actual hand work goes into a HT figure other than the obvious. Clothing and packaging,*assembly), maybe some slight fairly easy paint work such as weathering. Think about it, there is no way you could have that many talented artists painting that many eyes. It is impossible. Not to mention you would have huge variations.

As far as child labor is concerned again nobody knows for sure. However again, you can use your own judgment to determine these things. It is a huge problem in China. If they don't have a hand in our expensive dollies they do in other things we consume.
I got a feeling the eyes are done similarly to the figuarts line, like star wars or Marvel, with their special printing tech. I've noticed on some bootlegs certain paint details, like the black streaks on tdk jokers face, have "print lines" or dots. Maybe ht uses a similar method but the bootleg wasn't able to pull it off as well

Back