1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1yYk4Mj.jpg

Amazing sculpt, very tempting, though I may just end up waiting for the inevitable purple trench coated version.

Agreed, it has turned out really good, but I think I will wait for that version as well. I do want to complete my 'trio' of Jokers and think that that version will display better with the 2 that I already have :)

I don't care how good of a Joker Leto will portray, he won't ever top Ledger's performance. No one will.

I don't care how good of a Joker Leto will portray, he won't ever top Ledger's performance. No one will.

It's not just about the performance. There are other equally important factors that can make or break the character, such as the look, the writing, how the character is used in the story, and the quality of the film. From what I've seen and read already, he's already at a disadvantage, imo. He'll make a nice looking figure though....maybe the best Joker figure by HT.

It will still be widely available so the "exclusive" tag is not real a big deal. This isn't like the Shanghai store figures. Sideshow has gotten them all in the past.

Motuxmen, I know SSC should have these for order, but are all of the exclusives available for pick up at the conventions? I'm heading to SDCC this year, and would like to grab them there if it's possible.

It would have been so easy to add the trenchcoat and cane like on the empire cover. But instead we're getting the "arkham asylum" version, "trenchcoat" version, "flashback" version, "tuxedo" version. Sigh

Motuxmen, I know SSC should have these for order, but are all of the exclusives available for pick up at the conventions? I'm heading to SDCC this year, and would like to grab them there if it's possible.

They're not going to be available for pick up at SDCC.

They'll start shipping late summer/fall like in years past. They'll be on display at SDCC though.

It's not just about the performance. There are other equally important factors that can make or break the character, such as the look, the writing, how the character is used in the story, and the quality of the film. From what I've seen and read already, he's already at a disadvantage, imo. He'll make a nice looking figure though....maybe the best Joker figure by HT.

I completely agree. And that's why I believe Leto won't be able to leave the same impression on audiences like Ledger did. Also, I'm sure Ledger's untimely death played a huge role on how people viewed him during the movie.

This is a cool looking figure, but none of Leto's figures will ever come close to BRJ or DX1 or 11.

They're not going to be available for pick up at SDCC.

They'll start shipping late summer/fall like in years past. They'll be on display at SDCC though.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. That's too bad, I like the idea of picking up an exclusive while I'm there, hence the term "exclusive".

Why do you always have such a hard on for Ledger Joker stuff Jeff? :lol

Leto has less than 10 minutes of screen time to make an impact in what is essentially an ensemble piece. Nicholson and Ledger have a half an hour to 45 mins of screen time and are pretty much the central point of their films.

Of course Leto isn't going to surpass them, that's why he made this version so extreme. The script gives him little to work with to be memorable.

And this headsculpt is better looking than all the Ledger ones Hot Toys has done. It's a way better exclusive than that over priced, Bank Robber 2.0 crap from 2014. Atleast this is new.

how many damn outfits does he have in this movie???

seems like he'll have a new outfit every scene.

:lol ..... That is pretty much spot on. This is soooo not the Joker. What a lame looking version... :( ... And I have a feeling his performance and the writing of the character is gonna equally be crap. Heath Ledger's Joker didn't look perfect, but far better than this and his performance was mastery. Ledger's Joker made Nicholson's look like a campy joke in comparison. Why WB/DC....WHY!!???? :mad: Marvel made Mandarin into a joke, but the look was cool. If they never did the Trevor twist he was a pretty good looking on screen Mandarin with the 10 rings and all!!

Back