Streetfighter IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hate it when people dc me when I was just about to win. What makes it so frustrating is that I main Dan!!! Running away from Dan FFS!

Man I hate it when people dc me when I was just about to win. What makes it so frustrating is that I main Dan!!! Running away from Dan FFS!

I dont mind the mid-round dc as much anymore (it's still hugely annoying though), but I HATE when I play someone with a red connection bar and it doesnt register the win and you lose all your CP. A few minutes ago, I won a semifinal with 45k CP under my belt, but it didn't said my match didn't conclude properly and I lost everything. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

I dont mind the mid-round dc as much anymore (it's still hugely annoying though), but I HATE when I play someone with a red connection bar and it doesnt register the win and you lose all your CP. A few minutes ago, I won a semifinal with 45k CP under my belt, but it didn't said my match didn't conclude properly and I lost everything. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

That sucks, I have not played in Championship mode cos I think I'll get thrashed and frustrated there. I've been using only Dan and currently at 2600BP. I'm learning his punch>fireball>FA cancel>dash>punch>fireball ...rinse repeat.

I want to master that so that I can finish it off with an ultra.

Disconnections aren't the issue they used to be. Although I've had about 2 or 3 today; compare that to SF II Hyper Fighting where it used to be ridiculous :mad:

On another note I can finally pull off Sagat's FADC + high step kick + Ultra :banana:banana:banana haven't mastered it yet, I still need tons of practice but at least I can now pull it off if my life depends on it. :monkey3

MooMooEgg what championship level are you on? and is it still the mostly Shoto characters? that's still the case with me... although now I absolutely love fighting Gouken and Akuma.

My two biggest hurdles are a very good Guile, and a reasonably good Blanka...

It always seems to go down to the wire when I fight a really good Guile player. Chun-li players are mostly one trick ponies: cross up kick, lightning kick... repeat process. It's so hard to beat out that lighning kick!!! Is it even possible to beat it out? :sick

Yeah, I've been kicking players who have red bars, so my DC rate has been getting much lower (but the random one still happens).

Curse you Sagat users... lol. He's such a beast, though I've been getting much better at facing off against him.

I just made it to G2-C a few minutes ago (Hurrah!). Shoto players still reign, though there's been a lot more variety, which is a good thing. I've finally seen a handful of Rufus and Fuerte players (Both can be INSANELY CHEAP [strangely, Rufus moreso than Fuerte]). I also LOATH Seth players with a passion. Chargeless sonic booms, Dhalsim arms, and that stupid wall jump make me want to kill myself.

Ive gotten pretty good at reading and controlling Blanka matches. Same with Guile. You just have to be ridiculously patient with him... blocking/dodging sonic booms and making sure his flash kick isn't being charged. Once you get in, you just have to keep moderate pressure, watching out for the flash kick to push you back and give him room to breathe.

Since I main Chun, the biggest problem I have are constant cross ups. Since she doesnt have a good anti-air from a rise except for the EX SBK, its hard to constantly (and successfully) defend against cross ups or pressuring air attacks when my super meter is empty. Its also somewhat easy to keep her at a distance with fireballs and it's easy to tag her in the air with projectiles/anti-air attacks since her jumps are so floaty.

The c.lk > c.lk > EX lightning kick is irritating for people going against her, but really, it's no different than something like an annoying Ryu c.lp > c.lp > shoruken where you see the first jab hit and you know what's coming. You just have to anticipate, block, and punish after. Yeah, it's really annoying when Chun's constantly use it (I just started to use it, but I don't abuse it since I strive to play a balanced mix game), so just try to prevent her from crossing up or getting in too close so she can start jabbing away to set it up--I don't think that should be a problem for a Sagat main :D.

I've been using only Dan and currently at 2600BP. I'm learning his punch>fireball>FA cancel>dash>punch>fireball ...rinse repeat.

I want to master that so that I can finish it off with an ultra.

Man, I simply can't do FADCs at all in combos on a dualshock3. My fingers just don't move fast enough, which is probably why I'll probably never get really good with characters who have damaging combos that require those cancels. :monkey2

Man, I simply can't do FADCs at all in combos on a dualshock3. My fingers just don't move fast enough, which is probably why I'll probably never get really good with characters who have damaging combos that require those cancels. :monkey2

Dude I think you need a joystick. Having played you before, your game will go to a whole new level if you had a stick. I also could not for the life of me utilize FA or FADCs at all on the dualshock. very very limiting.

Scarlet, I think ive seen that Dan combo thing before but it was done in training mode with unlimited EX meter. Each FADC takes two bars so you'd only be able to do that twice on a full meter. Would it be worth the damage to use the full meter on the combo?

Dude I think you need a joystick. Having played you before, your game will go to a whole new level if you had a stick. I also could not for the life of me utilize FA or FADCs at all on the dualshock. very very limiting.

Scarlet, I think ive seen that Dan combo thing before but it was done in training mode with unlimited EX meter. Each FADC takes two bars so you'd only be able to do that twice on a full meter. Would it be worth the damage to use the full meter on the combo?

Bro, I've managed to do a couple of times.

It's heavy punch>fireball>FADC>med punch>fireball>FADC>med punch>dan kick

of course you can end it with ultra if u accumulated the revenge meter and you are fast enough.

But the above chain can inflict about half life, about a full ultra damage. It would have done more damage if the damage scaling did not come to play.

Oh guys,which characters you have fighting againts.

My Dan, i hate Zangeif, Blanka and to a point Guile.

Geif is annoying as I needed to hit him like 20 times while he needs to get me 5 times to kill me off.

Also, those Ryu would never jumps forward. Mostly jump up or back kick. Spam a few fireballs but mainly wait for ya to jump in to eat his small uppercut chained into a ex fireball/shinkuhadouken/metsu hadouken.

Damn annoying fighting those ryus with dan.

Bro, I've managed to do a couple of times.

It's heavy punch>fireball>FADC>med punch>fireball>FADC>med punch>dan kick

of course you can end it with ultra if u accumulated the revenge meter and you are fast enough.

But the above chain can inflict about half life, about a full ultra damage. It would have done more damage if the damage scaling did not come to play.

ah ok i see what you mean. i thought you were looking to try to do the infinite combo thing. half life is pretty damn good, I think Dan is highly under-rated. ive seen some players using dan just annihilate people and taunt them to make matters worse lol.

Also, those Ryu would never jumps forward. Mostly jump up or back kick. Spam a few fireballs but mainly wait for ya to jump in to eat his small uppercut chained into a ex fireball/shinkuhadouken/metsu hadouken.

lol pretty much sums up my ryu. Or at least I try to be that way. SOmetimes its hard to restrain from jumping in too much, but i keep telling myself not to. and the lp shoryuken + metsu hado is a beautiful thing :D

Hehe, that's 90% of how Ryu's play is like.

He has a number of weapons in his arsenal. The jump up kick is so annoying as it has high priority.

Dan is meh. His only useful mves are Dan Kick, standing med kick poke.
He is really slow when it comes to normal fierce and heavy kicks. His down fierce takes forever and is practically useless. His ultra is ok but he launches himself only about half a screen.
But beating people with dan is so satisfying.

yeah, I hate those combos so much. So easy to do, yet so damaging at the same time. Chun is easy to tag with dragon punches, so I've actually gotten much better at not being a jumpwhore against Ryu in order to avoid those... but at the same time, getting good at reading the fireball spammers almost made me weaker at playing against a Ryu who rushes and uses real up-close techniques, since I'm just not anticipating that fight style. :banghead

And, Nash, I agree that I really do need a stick. It's pretty easy to see who's using one online based on how players control their characters.

Dan is meh. His only useful mves are Dan Kick, standing med kick poke.
He is really slow when it comes to normal fierce and heavy kicks. His down fierce takes forever and is practically useless. His ultra is ok but he launches himself only about half a screen.
But beating people with dan is so satisfying.

Yeah, it's always frustrating to lose against Dan, but you really feel like the player earned the win, especially if he/she get in good combos or connect an ultra/super.

Hey Scarlet, since you are a Dan user, did you know this?

"Sagat also has connections with Dan, as it was Dan's father, Go, who took Sagat's eye before Sagat killed him in a match. As is the case with many of the other classic characters, Sagat still knows his techniques from the early Street Fighter games and he can be a brutal fighter in the ring"

You and I should have a Dan v Sagat grudge match:naughty:naughty:naughty

It's interesting how an incident like that didn't make Dan a much darker fighter...

Yeah, it's always frustrating to lose against Dan, but you really feel like the player earned the win, especially if he/she get in good combos or connect an ultra/super.

I have only lost to a Dan player in my life, and he was bloody, bloody good [then again maybe Nash is right, maybe Dan is under-rated and I simply haven't come up against a Dan player that'll kick out all my teeth :confused:]... anyway it came right down to the wire and frankly it was my fault for:

1. Not looking at his ultra guage and blindly jumping in
2. [blindly] jumping in
3. Jumping in at all with Sagat when my opponent's life guage was all but depleted.

These 3am gaming sessions are no good for the soul I tell ya :sick

:lecture :lecture

I think's it's unfair I have to work a bit harder to FADC into an ultra while for Ryu [and even ken] the ultra is almost guaranteed to connect once you FADC. You guys might disagree but I think ryu and ken have it a fair bit easier than the King...

On a different note don't you guys think Gouken's throw-you-in-the-air-and-3-hit-Shin-sho-ryu-ken-a-falling-helpless-guy/gal is a bit like cheating?

I've done it a few times with Gouken, that's one of the easiest "guaranteed" Ultra setups in the game. I'd even say there's no one else that has an easier ultra setup that I can think of right now.

But I'm sure you guys will correct me? :confused::confused:

I think's it's unfair I have to work a bit harder to FADC into an ultra while for Ryu [and even ken] the ultra is almost guaranteed to connect once you FADC. You guys might disagree but I think ryu and ken have it a fair bit easier than the King...

Yeah but it comes with a price. Ryu's FADC into ultra isnt very strong, the tradeoff is that it is very easy to connect.

Ken's FADC from start to finish is decently strong but when you FADC only the fire-dragon shoryu will connect which is extremely weak.

On a different note don't you guys think Gouken's throw-you-in-the-air-and-3-hit-Shin-sho-ryu-ken-a-falling-helpless-guy/gal is a bit like cheating?

I've done it a few times with Gouken, that's one of the easiest "guaranteed" Ultra setups in the game. I'd even say there's no one else that has an easier ultra setup that I can think of right now.

But I'm sure you guys will correct me? :confused::confused:

Nope its a awesome move and isnt easy to do when playing top players.

Back