Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stranger Things (netflix show)

Personally, Nancy is book smart but at that point of the show, she was not very street smart......I dunno, but yeah, I would have no problem had they been a little more 'with it' during that part.

And during the episode, 'The Body' I was annoyed, as the audience, that they did not show the body as soon as it was dragged from the lake. I know that the mom was not wrong, but a little more 'what the hell?' to it would have been nice

On a side note, has there every been a show that everyone loved? Not to my knowledge....sorry some of you don't like it as much. For me, its a fun show. It's not the second coming or anything....
I knew when they didn't show the body up close that Will was alive and the body was a fake, I wasn't 100% sure, but that was my first reaction, but the show does a fantastic job putting you in the shoes of the mom, you know something's not quire right but you're not sure what :lol

Nothing is really universally loved, I guess.

Me and the GF watched the finale last night, what a great show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like this.

They didn't need to get the clothes exactly right, just that they looked good enough from afar, which was the entire plot point to begin with, they removed them in the morgue anyway.

By putting glass or a payed state police officer between them? Why do they need an explanation? They're the CIA, they can do whatever they want. Make up whatever bs bureaucratic delay so they can't get the body.

This is ambiguos, but I don't think it had the birthmark, or at least not the correct one, and that's why the mom freaked out because it wasn't Will, you don't see that since the camera follows Johnathan when he leaves the morgue immediately after the mom asks to see the birthmark.

Sure it has shortcomings, just not the ones you mentioned, those are not script problems, that's stuff that did escape you.

The problems have more to do with it being vanilla and predictable, nothing major in the structure of the script, IIRC I gave it a 7.

Sorry Gaspar, you're not being very convincing...
And you haven't pointed anything out that would have escaped me, you're just pointing out your own theories.

For the sake of argument, I'll point out, again, that there is no way you can keep a grieving family away from their beloved one. What is the excuse? There can be no reasonable excuse. They should have made a point of explaining it, otherwise it's just gratuitous, as it came off in the episode. How is it possible that the police chief and the town's coroner don't have access to the body? It's their jurisdiction, there is no way they could have been kept away, short of an FBI or CIA warrant, which would have raised eyebrows, but none was shown. Again, they should have explained it so that it didn't end up gratuitous. That's just lazy writing.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Despite its flaws, I'm still looking forward to next season.

Me and the GF watched the finale last night, what a great show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think
Spoiler Spoiler:

I wonder what "papa" told the chief when he was picked up at the end of the final episode... it all leads to
Spoiler Spoiler:

I have not read if this has been answered:

How did the company replicate the boy exactly if they never seen him? We have seen the company unsuccessfully enter the upside-down. Did any members of the company ever see the boy in the upside-down? Wasn't the whole upside-down "collateral damage" from using "11"? Her scream I'm the Ecto tank cause the big crack in the wall opening that dimension right?

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Yeah ok, but you didn't convince me how any of this is bad writing. Sorry. Not to mention you didn't point out any other missteps in the writing, just this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, but these things you pointed out simply aren't problems.

Then don't read the spoilers if you don't want, I respond to your post in nauseating detail :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

It has.

How did the company replicate the boy exactly if they never seen him? We have seen the company unsuccessfully enter the upside-down. Did any members of the company ever see the boy in the upside-down? Wasn't the whole upside-down "collateral damage" from using "11"? Her scream I'm the Ecto tank cause the big crack in the wall opening that dimension right?

Gaspar says it's implied, so don't ask anymore. :panic:

Yeah ok, but you didn't convince me how any of this is bad writing. Sorry. Not to mention you didn't point out any other missteps in the writing, just this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, but these things you pointed out simply aren't problems.

Then don't read the spoilers if you don't want, I respond to your post in nauseating detail :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

It has.

I read your answer, but I'm moving on... ;)

Gaspar says it's implied, so don't ask anymore. :panic:
Now now, I'm not the one trying to move on, so don't pull this sarcastic sneaky getaway :lol

It IS implied, from the moment it's CIA you know all bets are off and they can pull unorthodox and straight up illegal **** on Amerizan citizens, and the show provides everything that's necessary to suspend disbelief.

I would think it's far fetched too, if that kind of behavior from the CIA wasn't public knowledge and very well documented :lol

I read your answer, but I'm moving on... ;)
Wise choice :duff:

Now now, I'm not the one trying to move on, so don't pull this sarcastic sneaky getaway :lol

It IS implied, from the moment it's CIA you know all bets are off and they can pull unorthodox and straight up illegal **** on Amerizan citizens, and the show provides everything that's necessary to suspend disbelief.

I would think it's far fetched too, if that kind of behavior from the CIA wasn't public knowledge and very well documented :lol

Wise choice :duff:

Sorry about that, I didn't mean it to sound offensive or sneaky, just having bit of fun.

But why do you have to sound so condescending? I'm moving on from the argument because it's useless, since we're not going to change each other's minds, and that's fine. I just get the feeling that you want to feel like you've won the argument...

And I have a feeling you're thinking about writing that you did indeed win the argument... :lol

Anyway, when does the next season start?

Halfway trough season 1. I love the 80s wibe, can't wait for the mystery to unravel abit (I hope).

I finished this and have to say it is way over hyped. The show is ok but not much more. The three main child actors could use some time in an acting class. Terrible performances by those boys.

... and the ending... well I thought the final Lord of the Rings had way too many endings this is just ridiculous. Too many final scenes. Just when you think you can turn off Netflix, the endings continued, On, and On, and On, and On...

I was mildly entertained but will not watch a second season if there is one.

I finished my second viewing of this last weekend, it's just as good the second time. It's still up there with my favorites in TV.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I just started watching this today and like it through the first 2 episodes. I'll probably finish it up sometime this weekend, but so far I'm enjoying it for what it is.

It's just a fun series loaded with awesome 80's nostalgia. :yess:

Exactly. I'm not taking it too seriously, which is probably why I'm enjoying watching it. The nostalgia factor is high, and I like it. I usually don't like child actors so the kids don't bother me any more than most child actors do. It'll be interesting to see how I feel by the end of it after I get through the actual story.

Exactly. I'm not taking it too seriously, which is probably why I'm enjoying watching it. The nostalgia factor is high, and I like it. I usually don't like child actors so the kids don't bother me any more than most child actors do. It'll be interesting to see how I feel by the end of it after I get through the actual story.

Agreed. I'm with you when it comes to child actors and the kids in this show don't bother me either. I look at them like I look at the kids who starred in The Goonies, which I really like and still enjoy watching today. I didn't take Stranger Things too seriously either and I was very entertained by the whole story.

I'm really looking forward to season two.

Back