Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stranger Things (netflix show)

This was fantastic. binged watched it and reminded me like others here of how great our childhood was in the 80s.

Saw this at the con in Tampa looks amazing was a instabuy for me
d444bdb80e1d2522759f66ee5c124b12.jpg

Sounds like it was an accident. I think the comics were returned, last I heard.

God, I'd love $85,000, though. :rotfl

I can't even imagine what that vendor's did when he realized he just lost TWO Amazing Fantasy #15's. I would literally die.

I also loved this show. I was born in 1974 so the 80's began with me as a 6 year old and took me into my mid teens, and this show had elements of a bunch of those early to mid 80's movies such as E.T., John Carpenter's The Thing, The Goonies, and Aliens to name a few. Mike even had a poster of one of my favorite childhood movies, The Dark Crystal, on his bedroom wall. :yess:

Very good review, good show, satisfying, not great.

I find myself liking RLM more lately, I used to be tired of them but they're nailing most stuff lately.

Show was overrated! Im not sure why its trying to force its way into POP culture. Once you get past the nostalgia of the 80's (I grew up in and relate to everything)
story was week and did not have to extend through 8 episodes. 2hr show at best.

Story wasn't weak, it was straight forward, it focused more on the characters, but yeah, it was overrated as ****, people were giving it 9s and 10s :lol

I don't think it could've been condensed in 2 hours, 8 episodes were fine, I think it could've been done in 7 or 6 if you trim down some fat.

Show was overrated! Im not sure why its trying to force its way into POP culture. Once you get past the nostalgia of the 80's (I grew up in and relate to everything)
story was week and did not have to extend through 8 episodes. 2hr show at best.

Sure, that's the reason why people who didn't grow in the 80's or with its movies are loving it...a Judeo-Masonic conspiracy is trying to force the show into pop culture :rotfl. It's not the great acting and lovable characters, the fact the kids are a triumph of casting, the tight script (where those 8 episodes allowed to develop the chacters and their relationships in ways no 80's film could have dreamt of), or the awesome sountrack and setting...

People did over hype it quite a bit like it was the next Breaking Bad or something.

:clap:clap 100% AGREE. Breaking Bad was OK but nowhere close to what people are hyping it up to be. You want a show that ****ing beautiful and the BEST OF THE BEST..........Watch DEADWOOD **********s!!

So Bo, list some recent shows that are better?

To be honest I don't watch much shows. I heard about Stranger things from co-workers and then the buzz online. So I decided to have a go. I didn't know what the show was about, so I was not influenced. I discovered the 80's vibe myself. When I saw the chapter list I thought it might be 8 different stories (i.e.. X FILES). When the first episode ended my first thought was "OMG this is not going to be one of those extend a story "where's the boy" through eight episodes is it!!" Sure enough it was... :slap

Anything liked can be considered overrated.

It's a good show that is well worth the watch. A well made and acted show. And at a quick 8 episodes has zero filler. Something the Marvel shows need to work on.

Back