STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The battle damage is well done on the ones I've seen, however it is ALL OVER. How did it get so many cracks? :p It would definitely be much more impressive if it was a glossy black.

The battle damage is well done on the ones I've seen, however it is ALL OVER. How did it get so many cracks? :p It would definitely be much more impressive if it was a glossy black.

Yeah exactly my thoughts. The cracks and the dull coate made it look like it was intended to look like a stone statue not a trooper

After a week of debating which statue should be my first purchase, I decided upon the Stormtrooper PF. I ordered it directly from Sideshow. I was super excited to receive a shipped notification this morning. Now, however, I stumbled upon this thread and I see that the odds are good that it'll be off-white or ivory. :slap

Do you recommend that I decline delivery and get a refund after the box is shipped back to SS? Or is there a chance that I'll get a white version? I'd rather not open a box and go through the hassle of return shipping if the odds are good that I'll get an off-white version.

EDIT:
I just chatted with a Sideshow rep, and when asked if the current batch is all off-white, she said: "not all have been opened up, just random boxes, so I am not sure if all of them have this off white color, but i believe this is how the newest shipment has arrived."

Looks like I'll be sending back my first statue. This might be all it takes for me to stay away from statue collecting all together. D'oh!

Last edited:
Interesting answer from SSC.
They know well about this flaw but doesn't give a ******* about making any revision or at least informing potential buyers on their product site.

@Reno
Best chances to get a white one is to buy one 2nd hand or to order from a retailer who has some items left from the 1st batch.

That is a terrible response and poor decision making for SS. I'm pretty new to the game, is this typical of them?

Maybe SSc wants this to match the vintage yellowed Stormtroopers... :lecture

yellowst.jpg

Thanks! The Tatooine print is Mark Engler's "I'm Here to Rescue You" and the two flanking it are done by Al Abbazia, who does a lot of nostalgia type prints and pin-ups.

Get one from a member who already has an old one. The best way to be sure it is white and not piss yellow.

Now that the newer versions are yellow, it might be time to sell my white one.

This is the start of the Stormtroopers' "rainbowing", to make them look more like the colored Clones. We had white, black and blue striped Stormies, and now yellow. Next will come orange, pink and magenta Stormies.

Sorry to hear about these issues. I was thinking of getting the new Vader and then one of these to go with him. I guess Darth with have to stay solo

Sorry to hear about these issues. I was thinking of getting the new Vader and then one of these to go with him. I guess Darth with have to stay solo

This is exaclty what i was going to do. Now i have to pay extra to find a white Version. I am really annoyed right now.

Back