STEAM - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is $7.49 on Amazon.

Don't forget to download the mod that make this PC port not suck.. :lol

Anybody else pick up Sonic Generations last week for super cheap in the Amazon bundles? That game is honestly really really good.

I bought game that was on sale (Arkham city GOTY), And couldn't activate the Steam DRM cause I have an existing account I opened a long time ago when I had Half life 2. Never used Steam since.

Submitted a ticket last Sunday to steam support , cause I don't know my password to my account, and even till now i get no response back. Their automated password recovery does not seem to be working for me neither.
Is their support always so slow?

I've had a crazy spending spree since ordering a new laptop last week:

Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
Dead Space 1&2
Metro 2033
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Deux Ex: Human Revolution
Deadlight
Mark of the Ninja
Alan Wake

Now I just need some time to play these.

I bought game that was on sale (Arkham city GOTY), And couldn't activate the Steam DRM cause I have an existing account I opened a long time ago when I had Half life 2. Never used Steam since.

Submitted a ticket last Sunday to steam support , cause I don't know my password to my account, and even till now i get no response back. Their automated password recovery does not seem to be working for me neither.

I forgot my password a while back and it was a ***** to get it. Try a different internet browser for the recovery. I think that's what I did.

Average response time for STEAM support is over two weeks. I know this for a fact because i'm an admin on an Unusual trade server and we've seen people get hacked and lose thousands of dollars in items their backpack. When they put in a ticket to get their items back/the theif banned, it always takes at least 2-3 weeks. If they take that long to help someone who lost thousands of dollars because of STEAM's own failure to keep their clients safe, you can bet it will be even longer until they deal with smaller issues. There is no way to contact them aside from email either unfortunately.

Anybody else pick up Sonic Generations last week for super cheap in the Amazon bundles? That game is honestly really really good.

I had it from a previous sale. It's the best Sonic game in years.

Picked up Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed last week on Amazon for $7.49. I'm surprised how solid it is.

I had it from a previous sale. It's the best Sonic game in years.

Picked up Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed last week on Amazon for $7.49. I'm surprised how solid it is.

I accidently bought the previous version of the Racing game. I was surprised how decent it was. I may pick up Transformed on a summer sale.

Average response time for STEAM support is over two weeks. I know this for a fact because i'm an admin on an Unusual trade server and we've seen people get hacked and lose thousands of dollars in items their backpack. When they put in a ticket to get their items back/the thief banned, it always takes at least 2-3 weeks. If they take that long to help someone who lost thousands of dollars because of STEAM's own failure to keep their clients safe, you can bet it will be even longer until they deal with smaller issues. There is no way to contact them aside from email either unfortunately.

Yes Im finding this out first hand. For minute there I was thinking of using steam as my alternative to the new consoles coming out. However, the fact I am still waiting to play one game I bought for 5 days, has changed my mind in going "full steam ahead" with Steam. I mean what happens when I'm fully invested with them and have like hundreds of games with their account? Then I basically held hostage to their service cause I don't want to be out of all that investment. At least now I only have 2 games on my account (Half Life and batman) so I can walk away just fine.

However I fear this digital distribution model coming and seems Sony and MS are trying to push this on us as well. We will basically not own anything. Just paying for the right to play. And this right can be taking away for no reason at all, or simply because the provider just "cant help you" at the moment, so please wait 2 weeks.

Oh guess I might be done with Steam, all because I couldn't reset my password within a reasonable amount of time.

Yes Im finding this out first hand. For minute there I was thinking of using steam as my alternative to the new consoles coming out. However, the fact I am still waiting to play one game I bought for 5 days, has changed my mind in going "full steam ahead" with Steam. I mean what happens when I'm fully invested with them and have like hundreds of games with their account? Then I basically held hostage to their service cause I don't want to be out of all that investment. At least now I only have 2 games on my account (Half Life and batman) so I can walk away just fine.

However I fear this digital distribution model coming and seems Sony and MS are trying to push this on us as well. We will basically not own anything. Just paying for the right to play. And this right can be taking away for no reason at all, or simply because the provider just "cant help you" at the moment, so please wait 2 weeks.

Oh guess I might be done with Steam, all because I couldn't reset my password within a reasonable amount of time.

No offense, but why do people not write down their passwords somewhere to avoid situations like this?

Maybe not Steam related, but do Amazon Download games download from Amazon, or is it basically getting a Steam code to download through them??

It really depends. It should say somewhere on the page if it gives you a code to download through Steam. Even if it is a game that is on Steam it isn't always a guarantee its going to give you a key. Check before you buy unless you don't care to download it from Amazon.

It really depends. It should say somewhere on the page if it gives you a code to download through Steam. Even if it is a game that is on Steam it isn't always a guarantee its going to give you a key. Check before you buy unless you don't care to download it from Amazon.

The Amazon product page will state the DRM (usually). I mainly go for Steam keys and just copy and paste them into the Steam client.

No offense, but why do people not write down their passwords somewhere to avoid situations like this?

Half-life 2 came out in 2004, that when we were force to open a steam account to play it. Anyway I think you missing the point.

Tomb Raider, it’s on sale over at Green Man Gaming for $16.99, but you can use the promo code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ to drag it down to a shockingly low $13.60. The game is redeemable through Steam no less, so you’d better hop on this deal before it disappears.

Tomb Raider, it’s on sale over at Green Man Gaming for $16.99, but you can use the promo code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ to drag it down to a shockingly low $13.60. The game is redeemable through Steam no less, so you’d better hop on this deal before it disappears.

:exactly: This game is WELL worth 13.60. Such a great game. I bought it when it released for like 35? I don't regret a thing.

Man, I love Steam. The only reason I ever game my PS3 now is to play Assassin's Creed 3. But, I'm pretty much done with consoles.

Back