STEAM - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really thinking about getting Dead or Alive 5 for $19.99. That's a good price for a game with a promised MAJOR update. With Splatoon and Arkham Knight coming though I'm not sure I'll even have time to play it.

I have a Question regarding Steam

if i buy a game through Steam, the game remains in PC storage and i'm gonna have a 1TB HD and that gonna fill up quick and i don't have a great internet connection if i deleted a game later and re-download it again.. so is there a chance to download it straight to an external hard drive (Flash drive)? so i wouldn't delete the game for redownload

Darksiders
Dead Space two-pack
Dragon Age: Origins (+ Awakening)
Chivalry DW addon

$9 for all

worship.gif
Gabe Newell

I have a Question regarding Steam

if i buy a game through Steam, the game remains in PC storage and i'm gonna have a 1TB HD and that gonna fill up quick and i don't have a great internet connection if i deleted a game later and re-download it again.. so is there a chance to download it straight to an external hard drive (Flash drive)? so i wouldn't delete the game for redownload

After you download a game you can back it up to disk by bringing up the backup option by right clicking on the game in your library. You can backup to DVD-R's or any removable media (USB drive, portable HDD etc) so you don't have to download it again. Although, you will have to download new patches to play (if there are any) when you re-install the game at a later date.

After you download a game you can back it up to disk by bringing up the backup option by right clicking on the game in your library. You can backup to DVD-R's or any removable media (USB drive, portable HDD etc) so you don't have to download it again. Although, you will have to download new patches to play (if there are any) when you re-install the game at a later date.

That seems Simple enough !

i just read the Steam Support Page about restoring the game files after being deleted from steam

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8794-yphv-2033

and from what i understand, all i have to do is just insert the Disc and that's it? works automatically? ( As long as i sign into steam )

You can copy installs out of the steam install folder and then paste them back in, and there's an option to repair installs so that it'll check to make sure you have all of the files and download the ones you're missing

from what i understand, all i have to do is just insert the Disc and that's it? works automatically? ( As long as i sign into steam )
I had some steam-rip instaled and when I actually bought and started the game via steam it synchronized with rip's options and saves. Dunno if this works if you copypast instaled game's directory...

P.S. don't judge me :lol

this is odd

just registered a username at steam and their not sending a verification code for my e-mail

then i tried a diff username with diff email still no verification e-mail for my account ..

EDIT:
nevermind i found out how

What's the rule regarding daily deals?

Kf2 is 20 percent off!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i have a question,

does Steam allow Pre-download of soon to be released games? just like what Xbox and Playstation do? ppl like me would like to play as soon as the game releases instead of waiting for hours for it to download at release date

Back