StatueToys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filed a dispute online with AMEX the other day and yesterday I got a notification from AMEX in the mail indicating that the charge has been suspended from my account while the dispute process continues and that they are waiting on a response from Statuetoys. In the meantime they said that I will not be liable for the charge but to let them know if I ever receive the merchandise.

Wait to go AMEX! As for receiving the merchandise, I'm still not gonna hold my breath.

Well 54 days and I finally got my refund.....not from statuetoys of course, amazon had to drag it out of them with the claim I made, havent even heard a peep from statue themselves, all well at least I got my money back, I hope the best for the rest of you, this is a pain that none of us need in life right now.

Any news? We cant let them slide and this should never fallen to page 2. These crooks have our money that we work hard for.

ive been trying man but they swindled me good.. My CC wont do a chargeback because its been too long and i cant get a hold of anybody at statuetoys ive tried everything and pretty much came to the reality that its gone =(.. Because of these guys i probably will never order online again unless they are super reputable.. I only used to go buy stuff online because the prices are better.. But lets face it.. I wanted to save 10 bucks and ended up losing 140.. What a bummer.. I hope these guys get whats coming to them!!!

As previously stated, it's now official. They're going out of business.

Despite being way past the normal chargeback window, MC got my money back to me. Even THEY never heard back from these guys.

I hope the rest of you get your orders or at least your money back.

It tooks months of trying to contact them and I had to take my money back by force since they had no intention of fulfilling their obligations.

Also, I am extremely irritated that Moderator Darklord Dave took their side on this issue, calling those of us being swindled by these crooks, "trouble-makers". Frankly, I think an apology is in order.

I guess I got lucky. I usually never buy anything on-line unless the vendor accepts Paypal. If they don't and I feel like taking a chance I use AMEX because they are pretty ferocious when it comes to fraudulent charging and they will go the extra mile to get their customer's money back. Sorry to hear that so many others got screwed.

Lesson learned: if they don't take Paypal don't do business with them. At least Paypal is pretty good about pursuing disputes.

That's weird. I paid them through PayPal. I didn't get my refund that way though. The window had long since closed.

Sorry to hear that refunds are not going well now. I have the address they listed while in business if anyone is interested in contacting their local police. It's on my other computer so it may take me a couple days.

I have the address they listed while in business if anyone is interested in contacting their local police. It's on my other computer so it may take me a couple days.

The address is 10908 Bluff Bend Dr. in Austin, TX, but it is/was a front: They had a cubicle rented out in what looked like a printing shop. According to the ladies who worked there, they came in once every couple of days to check messages. They weren't there when I went in, but they called me a few days later and issued a refund.

I'll post these links again in case anyone is interested: The Texas Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau both handle complaints like this (and have authority in Austin).

Damn I am still out 138 bucks. Apparently they also falsely listed themselves as a yahoo store. These guys caused me to look at the TDK hottoys line as a reminder of my mistake.

really sux you guys are going thru this.
I've placed half/dozen or so orders with them in the past and never had any trouble.

Not sure what happened with them. They were always fast and quickly responded to all my questions. Obviously things change.

Good luck to you all in getting your money back ... :monkey1

These crooks took me for 138 bucks. Havent heard a word from them in a couple of months.

someone should sue these guys. I bet they could be easily tracked down by the proper authorities and easily win a small claims lawsuit against these pricks. Be even easier if all the victims exchanged information including copies of their receipts/order confirmation/etc. that never got completed and charges on their CC statements.

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you guys are having. I try to be as careful as possible when I order online but I guess you just never know sometimes.

The thing I don't understand though is why they would start screwing people now, when others have stated that they had no problems with them in the past. It just doesn't make sense to me. I really hope you guys get your money back, best of luck to you all.

someone should sue these guys. I bet they could be easily tracked down by the proper authorities and easily win a small claims lawsuit against these pricks. Be even easier if all the victims exchanged information including copies of their receipts/order confirmation/etc. that never got completed and charges on their CC statements.

*waits for a Gekko post*

last year I order from statuetoys almost $800.00, all the TDK figures + Batpod and The Tumbler, they took $375.00 for deposit, I wait and never have anything, I called my credit card and they take care the issue, I remember call then everyday, e-mail everyday and never have a answer, I'm happy now after 7 months they refund my money, just like I say "I call my credit card".

The thing I don't understand though is why they would start screwing people now, when others have stated that they had no problems with them in the past. It just doesn't make sense to me. I really hope you guys get your money back, best of luck to you all.

It could be that they ran short of money for whatever reason (used money for personal things, pre-ordered stuff that is hard to sell and could not convert inventory back into cash and etc.) and could no longer neither aquire products that they pre sold and took money for, nor could they also issue refunds. Could be something entirely different; doubt we will ever find out...

Alexei

Back