Starcraft 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have the Collectors Edition of StarCraft 2 but haven't finished the main campaign. I have the Collectors Edition of Heart of the Swarm on the way so I gotta get playing. LOL

Threads merged and cleaned a bit.

Amazing how little this game has been talked about on these boards.

pretty shocking yeah. Freaking console whores! :p

I'm definitely getting the CE tomorrow (either at Best Buy or order it on Amazon). I've bought every single CE Blizzard has released since WarCraft III so it's not even a debate.

I have however still not played StarCraft 1 :monkey3

I really want to get the collectors edition, but I don't know if I want it for 40 more dollars. I want the artbook and that is about it. Well besides the game of course. If anybody is going to be playing some 2v2 3v3 or 4v4s hit me up. Playing Protoss.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtApSlAFlZ0[/ame] unboxing of the collectors edition

Well Amazon has run out of stock so I guess it's a sign to head to Best Buy today.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I tried to pay fro the game with my PP acount, instead of it bring me to my PP account to pay, it just gave me the game for free.. Something strange is going on over there at Blizzard, they're giving away free games!:lol:rotfl

Well I am ranked 5th in my 3v3 division. Sadly I won't stay their :( I have to go to bed soon and I wont be able to play till tommorow night. Damn these kids who have no job or school taking my ****. :gah::lol

Well I am ranked 5th in my 3v3 division. Sadly I won't stay their :( I have to go to bed soon and I wont be able to play till tommorow night. Damn these kids who have no job or school taking my ****. :gah::lol

I'm just waiting a week or two to play competitively. By then the ranking will be far more accurate and I will be placed where I should be (hopefully).

I'm just waiting a week or two to play competitively. By then the ranking will be far more accurate and I will be placed where I should be (hopefully).

Yeah right now the ranks and divisions are completely fubar. I was playing in silver league against another guy and last season he was Masters :cuckoo:

Just started the Heart of the Swarm campaign! Pretty good stuff and a great lead-off of Wings of Liberty. Seeing Jim Raynor is like seeing that old friend from your childhood...I'm so glad he's a major part of the story. But it's cool that the focus is on Kerrigan. Smart storyline twist in the beginning really pulls you in and keeps you curious.

It's a little hard swallowing the three campaigns being stretched out like this as opposed to being in one singular game. Though I understand why they did it ($$$$) and it works. Hopefully the last game doesn't take nearly as long to get here as Heart of the Swarm did.

As far as the splitting goes, each campaign is the same size as the original game, so you get a lot more time with each race. If they had wanted to do them all together it would have taken longer to release and wouldn't have had as much content.

As far as the splitting goes, each campaign is the same size as the original game, so you get a lot more time with each race. If they had wanted to do them all together it would have taken longer to release and wouldn't have had as much content.

:exactly: I honestly believe they wanted to give each race a proper campaign. I don't know how many games give half *** stories when they switch on and off with each race, but Blizzard is actually giving a good and long campaign for each one. Anyone complaining about them splitting the campaigns up are crazy. WOL is a long *** campaign I mean what 30 missions I believe?

Hopefully the last game doesn't take nearly as long to get here as Heart of the Swarm did.

My life for Aiur!

I can't wait for Legacy of the Void. Maybe it will be the more "radical" expansion, considering HotS didn't change all that much from WoL.

Finished this over the weekend, pretty good campaign though there are a few things that bother me.

One is the massive amount of upgrades, they're fun but it really messes with how the missions can be played and I think makes things too easy. They also changed some of the fundamentals of Zerg play that might confuse people if they've never used Zerg in multiplayer before since it's different.

I'm also a bit disappointed in the cinematics, for the most part they are pre-recorded with game assets, unlike before there's barely anything that's rendered in real time, and instead of there being 4 high quality cinematics there's only 2. I don't know if it's just me but I like the idea of cinematics actually rendering on the machine, even if the pre-recorded ones have some effects that aren't possible in the engine. And the high quality ones are like a reward so it's kind of disappointing that there's only the opening cinematic (that we've already seen) and then a short ending cinematic that's done like that. Especially considering this game took long enough to come out.

Back